Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Too Late to start?

Comments

• HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited August 2, 2020
    Don't do that... rest of the world already has too much mis-information that causes irrational-division amongst people as it is already.
    Both of these screen-shots were from just a few seconds ago by the way:
    6sxq0gf.jpg z95HWW8.jpg
    Crims wrote: »
    Gypsy is considered a racial slur against the Romani people. It was censored in-game fairly recently.
    Anyway, the real reason I stopped by here is to add ONE more reminder, for people who are starting out or starting over...:
    Disable Your Nagle-Algorithm to Reduce Latency (instructions in spoiler if you don't want to load a new instructions tab/window)
    CAUTION/DISCLAIMER: DO NOT MESS WITH ANY OF THE OTHER SETTINGS IN YOUR COMPUTER REGISTRY IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR YOU COULD CAUSE SOME POTENTIALLY EXPENSIVE PROBLEMS FOR YOUR SYSTEM OR RENDER IT INOPERABLE

Network Interface Controller (NIC is known as network interface card, network adapter, LAN adapter or physical network interface). This is a computer hardware component that connects a PC to a PC network. A system might have multiple internet connections and for each connection, Windows Registry builds an individual NIC interface or NIC-ID. This ID is presented in the form of the cryptic combination of letters and numbers, enclosed in braces. For recognizing the suitable NIC-ID it is required to obtain the IP address of current or active internet connection.

Follow the steps to recognize the suitable NIC Interface

• In the search box type ‘CMD’ and press Enter to open Command Prompt
    • Then on the black screen, type ‘IPCONFIG’ and hit Enter to view info on your active connection
    • Find and write down IP address, displayed next to IPv4 Address, under Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection
    • And Exit Command Prompt
    Know-IP-Address-of-Your-Current-Internet-Connection.jpg
    Note: In Windows 10 user can easily copy/paste the command, this feature is enabled in Windows 10 only.
    Steps to Disable Nagle Algorithm

Simply by modifying the registry, the Nagle algorithm can be disabled. But before moving further it is recommended to remember the IP address, by following the above steps. And after follow the steps given below.

• In the search box type ‘REGEDIT’ and press Enter for opening the Windows Registry Editor
    • Then, in the left pane, expand through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to achieve the following key
    SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

The key might contain several NICs, this depends upon the number of internet connections have been used. So to disable the Nagle-Algorithm of the correct internet profile it is required to access the correct NIC-ID. And to do this click any interface key and locate and then match the IP address with the one noted in the earlier section, in the right pane of Registry Editor. It is possible to exist within a string Value, named ‘IPAddress’ or ‘DhcpIPAddress’.
    Disable-Nagle-Algorithem.jpg
    And as it is found, continue in the same key > in the left pane of registry editor

In the empty space right-click, and select New for creating two DWORD Values
    And rename these values as ‘TcpAckFrequency’ (sending out packets immediately)
    and ‘TCPNoDelay’ (Disabling Nagle-Algorithm)
    Next, double click both the entries for Modifying
    And to activate them put 1 as their Value data > click OK for saving the changes
    Close Registry Editor, and Reboot your Computer
    Create-Registry-Entries-Nagle-Algorithem-from-Registry.jpg
    Well, by following the process you can easily disable Nagle Algorithm in Windows 10. However, it is also essential to inform you this is an essential Windows tool and needed to be reactivated for a proficient portion of work. You can disable the algorithm temporary as disabling it permanently might have a visible influence on the regular bandwidth. So, as you are done with your work, just reverse the settings by changing the data of two newly created values to 0.
    P.S.: Although «re-booting computer» is part of the instructions it has been my experience that re-starting is not necessary.
    GypsySpirit
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Don't do that... rest of the world already has too much mis-information that causes irrational-division amongst people as it is already.
    6sxq0gf.jpg z95HWW8.jpg
    Gypsy is considered a racial slur against the Romani people. It was censored in-game fairly recently.
    Anyway, the real reason I stopped by here is to add ONE more reminder, for people who are starting out or starting over...:
    Disable Your Nagle-Algorithm to Reduce Latency (instructions in spoiler if you don't want to load a new instructions tab/window)
    CAUTION/DISCLAIMER: DO NOT MESS WITH ANY OF THE OTHER SETTINGS IN YOUR COMPUTER REGISTRY IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR YOU COULD CAUSE SOME POTENTIALLY EXPENSIVE PROBLEMS FOR YOUR SYSTEM OR RENDER IT INOPERABLE

Network Interface Controller (NIC is known as network interface card, network adapter, LAN adapter or physical network interface). This is a computer hardware component that connects a PC to a PC network. A system might have multiple internet connections and for each connection, Windows Registry builds an individual NIC interface or NIC-ID. This ID is presented in the form of the cryptic combination of letters and numbers, enclosed in braces. For recognizing the suitable NIC-ID it is required to obtain the IP address of current or active internet connection.

• Then on the black screen, type ‘IPCONFIG’ and hit Enter to view info on your active connection
    • Find and write down IP address, displayed next to IPv4 Address, under Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection
    Note: In Windows 10 user can easily copy/paste the command, this feature is enabled in Windows 10 only.

Simply by modifying the registry, the Nagle algorithm can be disabled. But before moving further it is recommended to remember the IP address, by following the above steps. And after follow the steps given below.

• In the search box type ‘REGEDIT’ and press Enter for opening the Windows Registry Editor
    • Then, in the left pane, expand through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to achieve the following key

The key might contain several NICs, this depends upon the number of internet connections have been used. So to disable the Nagle-Algorithm of the correct internet profile it is required to access the correct NIC-ID. And to do this click any interface key and locate and then match the IP address with the one noted in the earlier section, in the right pane of Registry Editor. It is possible to exist within a string Value, named ‘IPAddress’ or ‘DhcpIPAddress’.
    And as it is found, continue in the same key > in the left pane of registry editor

And to activate them put 1 as their Value data > click OK for saving the changes
    Well, by following the process you can easily disable Nagle Algorithm in Windows 10. However, it is also essential to inform you this is an essential Windows tool and needed to be reactivated for a proficient portion of work. You can disable the algorithm temporary as disabling it permanently might have a visible influence on the regular bandwidth. So, as you are done with your work, just reverse the settings by changing the data of two newly created values to 0.
    P.S.: Although «re-booting computer» is part of the instructions it has been my experience that re-starting is not necessary.

Ah now I remember, TALENTS were renamed because of that. My mistake.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    6sxq0gf.jpg z95HWW8.jpg

Six of one, half-dozen of another; your point still stands.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 2, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »
    6sxq0gf.jpg z95HWW8.jpg

Six of one, half-dozen of another; your point still stands.

Yep.
  • JiantoJianto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,105
    It's never to late to play, it's a marathon not a sprint
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    So greta thinks a "racial" slur suit me, that says alot. Also its been misused very unfairly, I won't get into it but behind my name is very spiritual, not racist at all.
    Crimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 3, 2020
    I think we had enough fun. I suggest we stop going off-topic any further. Also i never thought Gypsy as racial slur, Crims brought it up and not me. Gypsy for me associates with cringy colorful people who are on weed most of the time. I'm just gonna say that. Now i won't post here anymore, i said everything what i wanted and even more.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 4, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    I think we had enough fun. I suggest we stop going off-topic any further. Also i never thought Gypsy as racial slur, Crims brought it up and not me. Gypsy for me associates with cringy colorful people who are on weed most of the time. I'm just gonna say that. Now i won't post here anymore, i said everything what i wanted and even more.

Cool beans, that underside of the buss is rough.
  • HelsaHelsa
    So to sum everything, in this thread, up: yes, start playing Mabinogi, contact Helsa, through the forum private message system, and she will put you in contact with a player that also lives in Australia and used to play on the Korean servers. Welcome back to Mab.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    No lock, no one is moderating these forums anymore. A certain someone already made a post with a train of disturbing and messed up images and no one has done anything for a week now. I won't say who, where and what, you will need to find it out yourself if you don't know and dying to learn.
    Pretty sure someone could post literally a porn and no moderators would react for few days for sure.

We're alive, or at least the bodies twitch when I jab them with sticks! But it has been a rather busy summer, and no, do not post such things, or else, well, bad things.

Bad things.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Inb4 they shut down the forums. :trollface:
    Wolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Aquasol wrote: »
    No lock, no one is moderating these forums anymore. A certain someone already made a post with a train of disturbing and messed up images and no one has done anything for a week now. I won't say who, where and what, you will need to find it out yourself if you don't know and dying to learn.
    Pretty sure someone could post literally a porn and no moderators would react for few days for sure.

We're alive, or at least the bodies twitch when I jab them with sticks! But it has been a rather busy summer, and no, do not post such things, or else, well, bad things.

Bad things.

I have a bad feeling that the twitching bodies have to do with the bad things.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited August 6, 2020
    Aquasol wrote: »

Bad things.

I have a bad feeling that the twitching bodies have to do with the bad things.

Oh that all depends . . . ba-dum PSHHHHHHH.