Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Reforge Tool Idea

AkirachuAkirachu
Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
edited August 1, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Name: Reforge Transfer tool

allows you to move reforges from one item to another

Limits:

Items must be same reforge rank
Items must be same item type (I.E. gloves can only transfer to glove, armor to armor, instrument to instrument, etc.)
Transfers reduce trade limit on item by one
AlmostNotsuper

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    No.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Never.
  • MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    edited August 3, 2020
    Better idea:
    Same sort of restrictions maybe - same reforge rank, same item type - but instead you use high-level blacksmithing/handicraft/tailoring/alchemy/whatever to do a horrifying fusion of one item into another, using some high-cost materials. Same result, has some more time investment than just buying an item, you destroy the fused equipment in the process - maybe with a chance to lose a line or two of the reforge just to add that RNG element that everyone loves. Win for Nexon if they sell an NX item related to it (like some 'fusion success increase' item,) win for whoever wants to get their preferred rank 1 reforge on some new equipment whether or not they pay NX.
    Leadt
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Against the idea, but I'd say in order to do it, you'd have to use upgrade stones mwhahaha
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Why the overwhelming opposition? You guys didn't even give any reasons for your opinions. Just being negative and discouraging others for the fun of it.

I think it's a fine idea. Just have to price it at at least $250, and it would be a great addition to the game.

...Not that Nexon would settle for something so consistent.
    Why the overwhelming opposition? You guys didn't even give any reasons for your opinions. Just being negative and discouraging others for the fun of it.

I think it's a fine idea. Just have to price it at at least $250, and it would be a great addition to the game.

...Not that Nexon would settle for something so consistent.

I don't think 3-4 responses against is necessarily overwhelmingly against the idea. And I don't think that would necessarily be discouraging. I think it allows for better ideas to develop or refine and revise the initial proposition. I personally think there should be more limits and costs to transferring a reforge so such a system won't be abused. If one can just easily transfer desired or undesired reforged stats, I think it will mess up the system. Add some more mats to use to make the transfer. Give it some % of success or failure.
    Leadt
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Don't take me seriously; I'm just having fun. I think this thread is hilarious. If I were to give a more serious opinion, it would be similar to yours.

Also, I'd say 3-4 out of 3-4 is overwhelmingly.
    Kensamaofmari
    Don't take me seriously; I'm just having fun. I think this thread is hilarious. If I were to give a more serious opinion, it would be similar to yours.

Also, I'd say 3-4 out of 3-4 is overwhelmingly.

Oof.
    In the end, I think constructive feedback to feedback helps improve ideas. So I think that if there's enough thought to it, it would be possible to end up with a good suggestion.