Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can I have a name change too?

justshowingjustshowing
Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
edited October 2, 2019 in Alexina Chat
Can I have a name change dispite not being affected by the server merge?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Can I have a name change dispite not being affected by the server merge?

You can try, but I believe it's still limited to people on Nao with the +server tags.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I wonder? Could you change Buttmunch55+Tarlach, say, to Buttmunch55+Alexina, just for esses-and-gees?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    I wonder? Could you change Buttmunch55+Tarlach, say, to Buttmunch55+Alexina, just for esses-and-gees?

But that would be a waste of the one time name change.
  • HelsaHelsa

But that would be a waste of the one time name change.

Depends on what the owner considers a waste. They might live for confusing the folks around them.
    Bronzebreak
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075

You can't use the special characters when changing your name, so no.

Also they said that some time after free name changes they would start selling name change coupons. I have no idea why they haven't put it up for sale yet. There has been plenty of time for those affected by the merge to call dibs on their names.
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    name changing is relied on game's database structure, mabinogi does not support that in a good way. In some mmorpgs, there are only invisible-to-player character unique codes that are carried for every need of reference so names are like something simply cosmetic, as if it is your gear that you can modify. They are having trouble with merge because of that bad structure of data with character names having significance, which shouldn't exists in the first place in my opinion as a mmorpg dev.

It should already be valid thing for years but sadly that name change coupon idea is currently incompatible and needs a well-prepared work around.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Sytrie wrote: »
    name changing is relied on game's database structure, mabinogi does not support that in a good way. In some mmorpgs, there are only invisible-to-player character unique codes that are carried for every need of reference so names are like something simply cosmetic, as if it is your gear that you can modify. They are having trouble with merge because of that bad structure of data with character names having significance, which shouldn't exists in the first place in my opinion as a mmorpg dev.

It should already be valid thing for years but sadly that name change coupon idea is currently incompatible and needs a well-prepared work around.

You are the wind beneath my wings.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    wow, a year old post and i still found it. how do i delete this thread? lol
    now that name changes is possible this question is outdated.
  • HelsaHelsa
    wow, a year old post and i still found it. how do i delete this thread? lol
    now that name changes is possible this question is outdated.

Old threads are not generally deleted; they just get buried. On the other hand there is a way where you CAN get it deleted but it would likely just get you banned as well, so your call. But since I've just necroed this thread it just might get locked; that's pretty good, id'nit?
    Bronzebreak
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    HELSA, stop necroing this thread.
    Bronzebreak
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    HELSA, stop necroing this thread.

ing? By the site rules, it only need be done so once to get locked . . . provided, of course, they actually do so; they being the followers of the flying spaghetti monster.