Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I love this update

KouyioueKouyioue
Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
edited August 2, 2020 in General Chat
I just had my fairy pet stunlock and kill the hardmode shadow mission boss and all I had to do was sit back and take a little break :P

Only resuming to kill the occasional snow golem aggro.

And I reeally love the fact that I can sacrifice pets as offerings to my favorite pets to give them hours and hours of summon time. RELEASE THE INNER SADIST!
AlshianCMKyriosKensamaofmari

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Puppet snare need a buff as well as many puppet skills and puppeteer in general.

I noticed for the longest time that I don't see anyone using puppets seriously for reasons, and headstrong on meta talents which left the shadowed talents in the dust.

Puppets

Duel guns

Ninja

Magic

and some skills in other different talents which is seen "too powerful" like:

Archery

Warrior

Knight

Alchemy

Fighter

There are talents which are outdated and not caught up to the times leaving them to be forgotten or too weak to see much of use. This in the end left us with about 85% of total skills in the game to be worthless and only for stat fodders because of meta along with a set of mind about "Kill before they kill you". We have the most powerful skills in the game but made you wonder how come other talents don't share the same glory? Balance reason? No, because the game lack balance anyways. Talent Bias? Maybe we are seeing more encouragement of Physical melee damage in the game than Range and magic.

I had no idea what goes through the mind of the developers when they design Mabinogi or what they plan to turn it into but when they want to try something new...at least make old content adapt to change or else it shows horrible age telling the world of negligence.

There are "transformations" which also need to see improvements as well:

Paladin

Dark Knight

Falcon

Beast

Awakening of Light/ Morrighan and Neamhain

But I must not forget our newest addition of transformation..."Nascent Divinity" surprised? This is a new Transformation which I had thought to be the most epic and awesome experience only to realize sooner than I thought of how pointless, underwhelming, and Lackluster Nascent divinity is. Since you can only use it on a set duration depending on rank you would think this transformation would speak usefulness and worth the time of duration? No, its way too weak and not impactful at all, it may look powerful but its one of the weakest Transformations in the game right behind Paladin, Dark Knight, Falcon, Beast and Awakening of Light still being the top Transformation in the game.

Nascent Divinity had so much potential to design which would of at least beat Awakening of light in usefulness till it's inevitable duration running out, it could of used the sword of the gods "Brionac" as a melee weapon with godly swordsmanship of grace fitting for it's otherworldly aura, choosing the path of the sword to being unique only to Nascent Divinity. It could of been more impactful, it could of been more fun instead of the brain dead and boring snapping of fingers which is POOR gameplay design for such a otherworldly being.

Instead we only have ONE nuke which can only be used ONCE per transformation duration due to it's long cooldown, as well as effecting properties of Crusader skills unique only to Nascent Divinity, Alas the crusader skills STILL share the same cooldown so even if you used Shield of trust for protection, you can't use Judgement Blade right after due to sharing cooldown...its clunky, and most of the time speak to your own doom due to endgame mobs hitting HARD as you gain Advance stander effect unable to use your basic skills to shove the swarming group for you can only attack one enemy or use Judgement blade but its cooldown is too long.

As the newest addition to the list of transformations, its one of the WORST transformations in the game by design and only used for one quick Nuke and your done, no need to keep using it for the rest of the duration because you can do a LOT better without transformations anyways.

You would think Transformations was suppose to give ya an EDGE over your foe but it instead holds you back from doing better than you do without it.

Mabinogi needs to see change and "Proper" improvements of quality of life changes...
    SebastianSherriCMKyrios
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    i main magic and i can definitely tell you that it needs more work on it
    as much as i love hailstorm, a staff ego is merely a band-aid..
    SebastianAlshianCMKyrios
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Definitely would like a gun revamp.
    SebastianWolfsingerAlshianCMKyriosAmaraz
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Crims wrote: »

Absolutely. I have a really nice pair of guns just collecting dust because it simply doesn't compare with other talents, which is a shame.
    CrimsọnAlshianSherri
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    After typing this out of context thing about quality of life, I copied and paste this into suggestions while adding a tiny bit more and hopefully enough players feel the same way.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Crimsọn wrote: »

sniper rifles..
    or maybe landmines and grenades owo

the possibilities XD..
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Sherri wrote: »
    i main magic and i can definitely tell you that it needs more work on it
    as much as i love hailstorm, a staff ego is merely a band-aid..

I can solo most end game content with hailstorm. However, fireball/thunder do need a rework, and maybe ice spear as well.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I'm not sure you're actually doing end game content? While I do agree that hailstorm is great for mid game it doesn't fair well in end game. It's near unusable in tech missions, you wouldn't touch it for purification, and it's damage fall off makes it non-ideal for veterans.

Don't get me wrong, hailstorm is great, it'll basically make swiss cheese of all content that I didn't list above but it's just not up to par for other things late game. Magic as a whole is lackluster when everything else far exceeds it.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 16, 2020
    ^ This. I was surprised to notice that there is lately a lot of players spamming the hell out of Hailstorm. I was like confused thinking that i was pretty sure that Magic is crappy at new content, but nope, some people still cling to it just because of dps lol.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 16, 2020
    You forget that most people haven't even touched Techs, Veterans, and purification's. When the vast majority of the game is able to be cream cheesed by hailstorm, I'm not even against suggesting new players to pick up an ego staff. It's fun, effective for the vast majority of the game, easy to gear for, and it falls off late game.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Hail-Storm-ing can be useful to clear just about all pre-generation-20 content, but, apparently, I some-how still manage to get more contribution-points more consistently at the Black-Dragon when I go into MELEE-ELF mode. Out of all the things, a MELEE-ELF, some-how, managing to get more Contribution-Points than when I used to Hail-Storm-spam... I guess I find Hail-Storm more useful for clearing large numbers of mid-tier spawns quickly (and for weaklings or weaker swarms I'll just Gun them down with lots of Magic-Bulllets).
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited August 17, 2020
    Ego staves are pretty strong with mid to late game CC+2 int magic, Spellwalk and Thunder combo cards. With enough cast speed the Thunder spam makes snap casted hailstorm something you can throw out several times a minute without taking ages to load. If I were to change anything about magic it's the fact that it's so reliant on gear to put out competitive numbers. It's not Alchemy levels of inaccessible, but when you lock so much of its potential around cash-based mechanics **cough** 90 MA gacha accessories **cough** it's discouraging to even try with the kit. You absolutely NEED your cast speed and your multipliers (rosemary gloves and reforges) to perform well end game since so much of the kit's potential is locked behind their spells being spammy.

A good comparison to demonstrate this would chain slash. End game chain slash can perform well-enough with okay gear since it has grouping and strong, but slow aoe. In a just 2 moves chain slash can pull together disparate mobs and deal let's say around 20-40k damage to each. Mages on the other hand deal around 5-7k per cast of CC+2 thunder with limited targets and inherent no grouping skills to help. However when you get your cast speed up that measly 5-7k becomes 5-7k per second at a very safe range with basically unlimited resources while chain slash needs about 7-8 seconds to use Spinning Slasher and Chain sweep with limited resources. Each hit of thunder can proc Elemental Attunement's bleeds and, by extension, boost your dps through your Ego's Analysis.