Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Aster Extract from Fiodh, right?

TerekTerek
Mabinogi Rep: 540
edited August 17, 2020 in General Chat
According to the Mabi-Wiki, Aster Extract, which is needed to make Transformative Aster Perfume so you can alter a Fynn Pet's elemental alignment, drops from Fiodh. Ok, but i've been running Fiodh int / hard over and over and over again, and have yet to get a drop anywhere. What exactly is the drop rate for this item? Has anyone even gotten it? Considering one of the requirements for Fynn Sync is to change your pet's element, you'd think the Aster extract would be a more common drop, even if it's only one extract a run! But the only time i was able to alter my pet's element was with the free one i got early on in the P.E.T. update. So, anyone else having this problem? Cause this is getting really annoying.

Comments

• Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    I got one from Fiodh Advance. I'm pretty sure it doesn't drop from Int and if it does the rates are really low. I've run through Int about a dozen times since the event started and I haven't had it drop. It's too bad since Int is way better for farming werewolf gems.
    As for the elemental skill itself the damage is mediocre and the the cooldown is prohibitive. The bleed from Tien might be useful for proccing Analysis, but honestly don't see a point in investing too much into it.
  • TerekTerek
    well, nice to know it does drop. The need for it is more from the desire to train Fynn Sync, because it's not like it's any easier getting a 'great success', which is also needed for training it. Thanks for letting me know that it does indeed drop
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    I've been able to train the skill without those requirements using the level 200 boost. It's a lot more Harmonious perfumes but it ends up being cheaper and less trouble than buying borage. aster and bonding perfumes.
  • TerekTerek
    guess i need to get myself to lvl 200 then. I tend to rebirth myself before then, it's not always easy for me to get to 200. Was much easier when i could get elite Baltane 'nowhere to run' mission. Guess i'll just have to work at harder mode dungeons if i can. Thanks for the advice :)
    Sherri
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Pip-Boy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't drop from Int and if it does the rates are really low.

The rates are definitely low, but I did get it twice from int. I was lucky enough to get it twice in a row from int right when the update came out, but I haven't seen a single Aster Extract since.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Aster Extract? What's that? Can i eat it? Haha...
    justshowingWolfsinger
  • NomnomnomsNomnomnoms
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    I've been running a lot of Fiodh Normal just for the stupid "Lovers in the Forest of Desire" Rest book. I've actually gotten three Aster Extract in about 40 end chests. Glad to know it exists there, too, haha.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 25, 2020
    ohh so thats where you get it? i still have the one that they gave us for free lol
    im unsure when to use it, i dont know what element is best and which is worst, isnt there like a specific element you should go after for each type of pet or something? i keep getting water/wind if thats any good
    Nomnomnoms wrote: »
    I've been running a lot of Fiodh Normal just for the stupid "Lovers in the Forest of Desire" Rest book. I've actually gotten three Aster Extract in about 40 end chests. Glad to know it exists there, too, haha.

oh geez, wishing you lots of good luck getting that book!
    i still got to run it on my other char, been putting it off because i nearly went insane getting it on my main X_X
    Wolfsinger