Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

GOLD LIMIT WHAT IN TARNATION

DuothedoubleDuothedouble
Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
edited August 18, 2020 in Technical Support
SO i just found out that that theres a gold limit per avatar whichs makes no sense, My cap 200m but the items i want cost 300m HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ACCOMPLISH THIS IF ITS AGAINST THE SYSTEM RULES? Please change this and make it to where the max limit of gold is 1 Trillion gold standard and that the highest an item can go for in the AH is limited to 1 Trillion gold as well otherswise explain to me how i'm supposed to be able to buy the items i'm wanting if i can't even hold the ammount of gold i need.... (note i was about to dump around $200 usd in nx to buy reforges to do to make in game gold the proper way..) Someone from staff look into this asap... OR HOW ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO BUY THE ITEMS AND ARMOR I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME??!?!? >_>;

Why should i have to go thru the trouble of advertising to someone and even with the trade expansion how am i supposed to fit 300m in to the window its just as unsafe as a drop trade at that point because multiple trades would have to happen, and i doubt the item in question would be handed over on the first trade at that point the other person could walk away with a ton of my cash and rip me off. the AH need to be fixed so stuff like this doesn't happen either that or they need to set the maximum amount an item that can be sold for on the AH to 200m. the current system as is, is broken and need an update thats why i put the poll up there. there needs to be accommodations made so people don't have to risk losing out on gold in trade windows that won't hold the proper amount and account that cant hold the amount of gold required to even make this trade in the first place.
  1. Should this be changed to accommodate the current market set up with the AH??9 votes
    1. YES
       89% (8 votes)
    2. NO
       11% (1 vote)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Use checks smh...
  • DuothedoubleDuothedouble
    edited August 18, 2020
    Can i use checks to purchase an item on the AH if my gold limit is reached in my bank account???? can i take gold I've acquired out of AH if i limit has been reached?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Can i use checks to purchase an item on the AH if my gold limit is reached in my bank account???? can i take gold I've acquired out of AH if i limit has been reached?

Just advertise and look for a seller. They may respond. I believe there's not a lot of people who could hold 300m, that's just ridiculous, why would you have 20+ characters on your account anyway...
  • DuothedoubleDuothedouble
    edited August 18, 2020
    I agree this is why i suggest this be changed why is there a limit in the first place? No other mmo i've played has a maximum amount of gold an avatar could hold. Why should i have to go thru the trouble of advertising to someone and even with the trade expansion how am i supposed to fit 300m in to the window its just as unsafe as a drop trade at that point because multiple trades would have to happen, and i doubt the item in question would be handed over on the first trade at that point the other person could walk away with a ton of my cash and rip me off. the AH need to be fixed so stuff like this doesn't happen either that or they need to set the maximum amount an item that can be sold for on the AH to 200m. the current system as is, is broken and need an update thats why i put the poll up there. there needs to be accommodations made so people don't have to risk losing out on gold in trade windows that won't hold the proper amount and account that cant hold the amount of gold required to even make this trade in the first place..
  • GhostUN7GhostUN7
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    I agree this is why i suggest this be changed why is there a limit in the first place? No other mmo i've played has a maximum amount of gold an avatar could hold. Why should i have to go thru the trouble of advertising to someone and even with the trade expansion how am i supposed to fit 300m in to the window its just as unsafe as a drop trade at that point because multiple trades would have to happen, and i doubt the item in question would be handed over on the first trade at that point the other person could walk away with a ton of my cash and rip me off. the AH need to be fixed so stuff like this doesn't happen either that or they need to set the maximum amount an item that can be sold for on the AH to 200m. the current system as is, is broken and need an update thats why i put the poll up there. there needs to be accommodations made so people don't have to risk losing out on gold in trade windows that won't hold the proper amount and account that cant hold the amount of gold required to even make this trade in the first place..

quite right, even if the engine is 32 bit, the max amount is slightly above 2 billion for numbers (or exactly 2,147,483,647), and sense it doesn't deal in decimal they can just do a unsigned Int in the coding of their engine, allowing for only positive numbers, sense we can never go negative in our accounts unless someday they put a LOAN system, which I'd doubt, also there is alot of fees in this game, Checks are just another handicap to a broken system, having to pay... what 5% for a check? That gets expensive, FAST with higher values, a shame that they made it only free if you use their clearly over priced premium service.

TBH, the reason why this limit is here, now I think about it, is so they can sell that premium service, you get no processing fee for the check, and the max amount you can put on a check is increased from 10mil, to 40mil. In my experience, the premium service isn't worth the value they are asking for, $15 a month is like a Amazon Subscription, or 30 days of play time on FFXIV, and you don't have to ask which one i'd rather pay for between the 3. Amazon, Mabi, or FFXIV... gona pick FFXIV every time.
    Sherri