Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

unlimited fynni fynn pet glitch?

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
in General Chat
did u guys know that it's possible to get unlimited fynni fynn pet ? theoretically tho
I experienced a glitch where I have a mission that where I have to talk to fynni fynn using the "small shiny grain kernel" but to be able to do that I need to have either "feathery fynn bell" or "fluffy fynn bell" equipped but for some reason I forgot to equip one and I used the "small shiny grain kernel" and received another "basket of something soft and furry" which basically has a fynni fynn pet. I tried using the basket and a notification window appears saying "Fynni Fynn+(my IGN) the name is not available"

I haven't tried it yet but in theory if I manage to change my IGN or my Fynni Fynn's name I would be able to use the basket I could get another fynni fynn pet and if tried redoing the things I did before I might get another basket and another fynni fynn but thats all still theoretical

The problem is I have a "basket of something soft and furry" that I can't use, I cant drop it and maybe it's not tradable
  1. has anyone else had same experience?8 votes
    1. yes and I dont know what to do with this basket now
       75% (6 votes)
    2. uhhh no and I'm not stupid enough to believe that
       0% (0 votes)
    3. ur explanation is so confusing I 'm not sure what u were talking about
       0% (0 votes)
    4. I came here for a free unlimited pet not some theoretical methods to get it
       0% (0 votes)
    5. meh! its too long to read
       0% (0 votes)
    6. I accidentally clicked "add option" instead of post discussion (u can skip this unless ur a troll)
       25% (2 votes)

Comments

• RakRak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    This exact same thing happened to me. I didn't notice it was because I didn't have the bell equipped though. Makes sense. So I guess we are stuck until Nexon fixes the bug? Orz
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I also got extra basket. Haven't touched it yet...
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    I has a one up on you; I haven't even touched a Fynn Bell yet. In fact... there still hasn't even been a Fynn Bell to have entered my inventory.
    Greta wrote: »
    I also got extra basket. Haven't touched it yet...
  • GretaGreta
    Ok, so i can't seem to find a way to get rid of this extra Basket of Something Soft an Furry... I wonder if it's time to contact support...
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    did this got repaired yet I still have the basket
    and I still cant mount blaanid
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    I got a second basket....and I'm not even sure how XD
    Welp. Gotta wait for next maintenance I guess, least I'm not worried about inv room right now
  • GretaGreta
    They apparently fixed the reason behind why we got second baskets, but they didn't seem to care to even check and remove who got them.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    maybe they should just :
    allow us to drop it (but of course prevent others from picking it up but I would probably feel sorry for the fynni fynn inside the basket TT~TT)
    add a destroy option to it (like what permanent puck support puppets have even though they already are permanent and could end up getting destroyed accidentally)(but I would still feel sorry for thee fynni fynn in the basket)
    or maybe let allow us to burn it (oh wait no please no! I dont want to burn the fynni fynn in the basket)

or maybe we could just give it back to "Fionnait" so she could give it back to pinkie (so far this is the only option that doesn't include a bad end for the glitched fynni fynn, after all glitched fynni fynn didn't do anything wrong to deserve those awful stuff TT~TT)

Even better let us have that extra fynni fynn as compensation for the mistakes made, I'll take good care of it even if it could be annoying some times ill take good care of it TT~TT
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    thank u very much nexon and mabi team for letting us keep extra fynni fynn
    now I dont have to drop, destroy or burn it and end up feeling guilty doing those because ur letting us keep him
    a much better ending for the glitched fynni fynn
    CMKyrios
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Oh they just gave you a second pet? I had my basket removed, lol.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    TNinja wrote: »
    Oh they just gave you a second pet? I had my basket removed, lol.

did u use the basket if u did u will fiind second fynni fynn in pet/partner window
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I couldn't use the second basket to begin with
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Right after the second pet update, the glitched basket, assuming you had one, could be used again, and you'd get a second Fynni Fynn pet. For example, my original was Fynni Fynn+Keiyoma, but after using the basket after the update came out, I received another named Fynni Fynn+Keiyoma1. It was a neat accidental 'fix' for the duplicated basket issue, which saved me the hassle of making a ticket. And hey, free 8x10 bag.
    WolfsingerBronzebreak
  • GretaGreta
    Keiyoma wrote: »
    Right after the second pet update, the glitched basket, assuming you had one, could be used again, and you'd get a second Fynni Fynn pet. For example, my original was Fynni Fynn+Keiyoma, but after using the basket after the update came out, I received another named Fynni Fynn+Keiyoma1. It was a neat accidental 'fix' for the duplicated basket issue, which saved me the hassle of making a ticket. And hey, free 8x10 bag.

Yeah, i didn't know until OP told me in PM in-game.