Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gold limit why is there a gold limit?

DuothedoubleDuothedouble
Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
edited August 19, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
SO i just found out that that theres a gold limit per avatar whichs makes no sense, My cap 200m but the items i want cost 300m HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ACCOMPLISH THIS IF ITS AGAINST THE SYSTEM RULES? Please change this and make it to where the max limit of gold is 1 Trillion gold standard and that the highest an item can go for in the AH is limited to 1 Trillion gold as well otherswise explain to me how i'm supposed to be able to buy the items i'm wanting if i can't even hold the ammount of gold i need.... (note i was about to dump around $200 usd in nx to buy reforges to do to make in game gold the proper way..) Someone from staff look into this asap... OR HOW ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO BUY THE ITEMS AND ARMOR I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME??!?!? >_>;

Why should i have to go thru the trouble of advertising to someone and even with the trade expansion how am i supposed to fit 300m in to the window its just as unsafe as a drop trade at that point because multiple trades would have to happen, and i doubt the item in question would be handed over on the first trade at that point the other person could walk away with a ton of my cash and rip me off. the AH need to be fixed so stuff like this doesn't happen either that or they need to set the maximum amount an item that can be sold for on the AH to 200m. the current system as is, is broken and need an update thats why i put the poll up there. there needs to be accommodations made so people don't have to risk losing out on gold in trade windows that won't hold the proper amount and account that cant hold the amount of gold required to even make this trade in the first place.

I also do not understand the purpose of this limit why is it in place? if its in place to limit the market its doing a crap job at it. Why do i have to pay an additional 200 dollars to buy more character cards that i won't use just so i can hold more gold? So this game company can milk my wallet even more? Sorry i'm not a cash whale who can afford to throw my whole check at game..
Sherri

Comments

• Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Why do i have to pay an additional 200 dollars to buy more character cards that i won't use just so i can hold more gold? So this game company can milk my wallet even more?

Yes. Nexon has to get income somehow. This is one of the ways they do it. This is how "Free to play" games work. Those of us who don't pay get a restricted game experience. Like you, I don't buy extra character cards, but given some of the astronomical prices I see in the auction house, apparently some players do. (Or maybe some of the premium packages also lift the cash limit. I've lost track of their benefits.)
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Also one of the many attempts to limit gold bots (although not very successful).
    There should really be a price cap introduced.
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Yeah and it doesn't help that we can't see who is selling what so we can contact them.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Yeah and it doesn't help that we can't see who is selling what so we can contact them.

I like the idea of not knowing. It avoids possible harassment.
  • DuothedoubleDuothedouble
    Atheist42 wrote: »
    Why do i have to pay an additional 200 dollars to buy more character cards that i won't use just so i can hold more gold? So this game company can milk my wallet even more?

Yes. Nexon has to get income somehow. This is one of the ways they do it. This is how "Free to play" games work. Those of us who don't pay get a restricted game experience. Like you, I don't buy extra character cards, but given some of the astronomical prices I see in the auction house, apparently some players do. (Or maybe some of the premium packages also lift the cash limit. I've lost track of their benefits.)

I looked into both of the premium services the only thing that is adjusted is the personal shop gold limit is adjusted to 20m rather then the regular ammount.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Why do i have to pay an additional 200 dollars to buy more character cards that i won't use just so i can hold more gold?

You don't. You are allowed to make other accounts. There is no defined limit as to how many you can have. The only limitations are:
    (1) you can only make one new account per day,
    (2) you can only make 5 new accounts every 30 days.
    If you started making accounts, by the rules, when Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach were first fired up, you could safely have around 750 accounts by now.

Helsa wrote: »
    Why do i have to pay an additional 200 dollars to buy more character cards that i won't use just so i can hold more gold?

You don't. You are allowed to make other accounts. There is no defined limit as to how many you can have. The only limitations are:
    If you started making accounts, by the rules, when Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach were first fired up, you could safely have around 750 accounts by now.

The problem at hand is they can't pay for a 300 mil item on AH when their bank limit is only 200 mil.
    Making more accounts won't help that, because you still won't be able to pay for the 300 mil item.

There needs to be price caps or alternative methods of payments for AH.
    DuothedoubleSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited August 21, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »

I like the idea of not knowing. It avoids possible harassment.

Yeah but if I encounter the gold limit at least let me send a little note to them indicating I am interested and would like to complete the transaction. Like a reverse anonymous note and you can do it once with your ign listed.

That or just uncap the fricken gold limit.
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • HelsaHelsa

The problem at hand is they can't pay for a 300 mil item on AH when their bank limit is only 200 mil.
    Making more accounts won't help that, because you still won't be able to pay for the 300 mil item.

Oh. Don't others manage it? Piles of cheques maybe?

Oh. Don't others manage it? Piles of cheques maybe?

[quote=Why should i have to go thru the trouble of advertising to someone and even with the trade expansion how am i supposed to fit 300m in to the window its just as unsafe as a drop trade at that point because multiple trades would have to happen, and i doubt the item in question would be handed over on the first trade at that point the other person could walk away with a ton of my cash and rip me off..[/quote]

You can't fit that amount of gold with checks in the trade window even with expansion.... so collecting checks doesn't help 1 and 2 i still can't purchase an item for 300m from ah cause the gold has to be in the bank....
  • HelsaHelsa
    They could make the cheque limit bigger. Eventually though inflation would catch up again. So maybe unlimited cheque size. Since AH has unlimited size, I guess giving checks the same now would be a reasonable thing to do, and probably something they could do fairly easily.
    SherriKensamaofmari
    edited August 24, 2020
    okay cool but my argument again is how would i purchase something on the AH that is 300m if my bank can only hold 200m.... ?
    Can't use checks to buy items on AH..
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 24, 2020
    i could of sworn VIP made it so you could make bigger checks... i mean, it won't help in this case but *shrug*

unless you have a rich friend who you can really trust with gold then i'm unsure
    they should really just put a cap on how much gold an item can be worth, free market was a mistake
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Please no. This is one of the only things keeping inflation in check. Higher gold limits would mean people buying larger quantities from bots at a time. I hate gold limits as much as anyone but the alternative is worse.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Pip-Boy wrote: »
    Please no. This is one of the only things keeping inflation in check. Higher gold limits would mean people buying larger quantities from bots at a time. I hate gold limits as much as anyone but the alternative is worse.

THANK YOU. I thought i was the only one thinking this so i stayed silent on this thread. Glad to know i wasn't the only one disapproving this.
    Price caps are needed.
    Price caps are needed.
    \

THANK YOU. I thought i was the only one thinking this so i stayed silent on this thread. Glad to know i wasn't the only one disapproving this.

I agree that we need caps i was just expressing many possible ways on fixing the issue quiet a few players are experiencing. I don't want people buy gold from gold bots so lets not make the limit higher but instead put a cap on the AH for pricing to match the average gold a casual account can hold? i believe that is a fair compromise, no?
  • GhostUN7GhostUN7
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    Price caps are needed.
    \

I agree that we need caps i was just expressing many possible ways on fixing the issue quiet a few players are experiencing. I don't want people buy gold from gold bots so lets not make the limit higher but instead put a cap on the AH for pricing to match the average gold a casual account can hold? i believe that is a fair compromise, no?

Alot of people also put up items outside the values that are limited to have people make offers, sadly people take the face value as a actual sales price. Inflation is driven by 1 or two factors in game, in real life its entirely different. There isn't any devaluation occurring with gold, as gold is a universal currency in the game, and Ducats is just a wild card, as there is no currency exchange, we cannot know what the face value of either. so its just 1 gold, and 1 ducat.

The first thing that can drive inflation is outside influence, that being bots as we all speak of. People are smart, and watch the markets as much as we do, what is to stop them from buying a potentially rare item, and reselling it for higher? This fuels their goal into not only obtaining more gold, but also driving the need for others to buy it from them. We all seen this with Reforges, and in the recent patch... Magic Powder.

The second thing that can influence inflation in this game is greed. Face it, were all greedy as hell, trying to get this and that while selling everything we have higher than face value. This triggers several things, people want what you have, and you want what they have. So you jack up your price to get their item, and what happens? The same thing. This will keep happening, and eventually it gets insane.

To be frank with everyone here, the inflation is already apparent, a divine blade is a clear example of this as it is a sword that is value in the billions, yet people some how are able to afford it. Too drive inflation down, you need to decrease the demand, which means increase the supply. Rare mats need to start being more common, and rare gacha items need to have the same fate. Sorry, but your 1 of 200 items, need to be 1 of 200000 items to halt the current inflation that is just destroying the economy in Mabinogi.
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    GhostUN7 wrote: »
    Price caps are needed.
    \

Alot of people also put up items outside the values that are limited to have people make offers, sadly people take the face value as a actual sales price. Inflation is driven by 1 or two factors in game, in real life its entirely different. There isn't any devaluation occurring with gold, as gold is a universal currency in the game, and Ducats is just a wild card, as there is no currency exchange, we cannot know what the face value of either. so its just 1 gold, and 1 ducat.

The first thing that can drive inflation is outside influence, that being bots as we all speak of. People are smart, and watch the markets as much as we do, what is to stop them from buying a potentially rare item, and reselling it for higher? This fuels their goal into not only obtaining more gold, but also driving the need for others to buy it from them. We all seen this with Reforges, and in the recent patch... Magic Powder.

The second thing that can influence inflation in this game is greed. Face it, were all greedy as hell, trying to get this and that while selling everything we have higher than face value. This triggers several things, people want what you have, and you want what they have. So you jack up your price to get their item, and what happens? The same thing. This will keep happening, and eventually it gets insane.

To be frank with everyone here, the inflation is already apparent, a divine blade is a clear example of this as it is a sword that is value in the billions, yet people some how are able to afford it. Too drive inflation down, you need to decrease the demand, which means increase the supply. Rare mats need to start being more common, and rare gacha items need to have the same fate. Sorry, but your 1 of 200 items, need to be 1 of 200000 items to halt the current inflation that is just destroying the economy in Mabinogi.

Price caps without addressing the underlying issue of scarcity and the influx of currency will only create shortages. If any of you have played BDO you will know that result of price fixing/caps; instead of being unable to afford an item you play the marketplace lottery for it hoping someone is dumb enough to part with something worth far more than the price the developer set for the item. This is worse since with enough time you could earn the gold equivalent of the actual value of an item but screwed out of the opportunity to actually buy it. While it would be interesting to make it unfeasible to pay for items with gold and force players to barter for items I think people would rather have the convenience of charging whatever they want on the auction hall.