Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The merge that created Nao

Comments

• ChathanChathan
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    I'm of two minds on the merge.

Overall I'm liking it. I think bringing the ghost towns together has been good for the game. Meeting new people and I feel like its reenergized Mabi.

My biggest issue (and this maybe the fault of the auction house more than the merge) the economy has gone to down the tubes. Might be a combination of the two things really. The auction house then bringing the 3 different price ideals together and its caused some crazy stuff. Ways to make gold haven't changed much but player sold items are much more expensive.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    The fact that Nao experienced inflation when compared to its' constituent servers should not have come as a surprise to anyone. It was anticipated in the discussion even before the intention to merge was announced. Whilst the larger population brings inflation it also brings opportunity. I play on both servers, and I find it is much easier to sell on Nao. I'm hardly a wheeler-dealer but since Nao was constituted I've made gold there at a rate of about four times what I'm able to on Alexina, even though Alexina is only half the population of Nao. My Nao character is only total level 200; my main is on Alexina and they're around total level 10k. Remember, if prices are higher then one can then sell stuff for higher. If prices are higher it means there are more people out there that can afford to buy. If one wants to be involved in the primary premium markets then it's best to be a seller oneself. Of course, the very richest, in this game, are those that are willing to turn real world money into game gold, but one can still work their way into the game's patrician class with buy-low/sell-high. To be sure, it does takes work and one needs an iron stomach, but for some that pursuit IS the game for them. Grinding for gold, however, is a bourgeois way to make a living, and literally is the largest contributor to increasing the money supply. Increasing the money supply is what creates inflation. If a plebeian spends their time sitting on their duff, then that just leads to more sitting on said duff.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    I like it, honestly, for a while before the merge Tarlach server had a laggy as heck Tara, so now those that are from Tarlach can get through Tara.

Also, when I read the title, I thought it was a discussion on how Nao (the npc) came to be.

Another thing, sorry if I got the Tarlach server wrong, didn't read up on what servers were merged into Nao server.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Although the economy makes me wanna rip my hair out, I'm still rather glad the merge happened.
    I noticed a bit ago that I now have a TON of friends from Ruairi
  • HelsaHelsa
    Sherri wrote: »
    Although the economy makes me wanna rip my hair out, I'm still rather glad the merge happened.
    I noticed a bit ago that I now have a TON of friends from Ruairi

. . . and one from Alexina! Aw shucks! :)
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    edited August 20, 2020
    I noticed the market on Tarlach was starting to get pretty inflated after the Auction House update, and the merge just made everything worse. Just the fact that there is no limit on how high you can sell something aside from how much gold you can keep in your bank is the problem, not the merge itself. Nexon really borked the game with that update, and idk how they could possibly fix it without just deleting everyone's gold, actually implementing limits to how high things can sell, and making us all start grinding for gold from scratch again. That would be a solution that would probably piss off a lot of people to the point of quitting. I have no idea what else could be done.

Also, I'm of the opinion that our player base is just mentally ill at this point. People will break ToS to spend $1,000+ of real-life money on a heckin' cylinder or $600+ on a freaking homestead figure. Like, are ya'll living in your mother's basements or something? Don't you have bills to pay? O_o
  • HelsaHelsa
    People see this as a problem because those people cannot participate in the highest tier premium markets. Some people do though. Yes, most of them are whales but some are folks that are sellers as well who worked their way in through patient and determined buy/low-sell/high. Gold grinding is Mabinogi's version of a "middle class" way to make a living. All this complaining is like someone who makes a living as a floor manager at Walmart complaining that Lamborghini's are too expensive. Mabinogi is a simplified simulation of a society. There are income classes in the real world. Is it really a surprise that it would occur in on-line multi-player games as well?