Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Allow VIP Inventory to hold bags.

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    I know, let's add an VIP inventory expansion coupon (Web shop uses extortion skill R1)

The inventory expansion coupon already does expand all three inventories.

Let's add a separate VIP coupon to expand only the VIP section.

Given the already existing product, that is not likely to sell, but whatever; it's more work to program that but not THAT much work overall. What about inventory expansions that add rows; since the ones that add columns already exist.

Just add it like extra weapons slots.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I know, let's add an VIP inventory expansion coupon (Web shop uses extortion skill R1)

Given the already existing product, that is not likely to sell, but whatever; it's more work to program that but not THAT much work overall. What about inventory expansions that add rows; since the ones that add columns already exist.

So you mean like a new page like VIP Inv2, VIP Inv3, and so on?

Something like that.
  • HelsaHelsa

Something like that.

So would it be like purchasing the expansions are permanent but you have to keep paying to keep them active?

Something like that.

So would it be like purchasing the expansions are permanent but you have to keep paying to keep them active?

Yes
  • HelsaHelsa
    Fantastic. Now back to what the topic was talking about: allowing bags to be placed in VIP inventory as well.
    Mairu
  • MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Mairu wrote: »
    I really would like bag-friendly VIP storage to be a thing too. Honestly if you're worried about accessing/removing items from bags in VIP, I have a couple suggestions:

1. like normal VIP, the bags should act like a one-way bank for any items when you're no longer a VIP player - so if you need something, you should still be able to open/access the bags, but you just can't put anything back in. Also, for safety, bags can't be removed from VIP unless emptied, to avoid being forced to drop or hold them in your mouse until you figure something out.
    In this system, when VIP expires:
    -bags can be opened
    -bags cannot be removed from VIP tab unless emptied
    -bag inventory is greyed out
    -you cannot use items stored in bags
    -you can remove items from bags, but cannot put items into bags

2. If this isn't possible due to some weirdness with Mabi's engine, then bags could instead act more like the shop kiosk stalls - you can't directly access them when VIP is expired, but you can 'clean' them and remove all items in each bag when they're inaccessible (basically this is pretty much just adding a 'clean bag' option to the right-click menu for all bags). And ditto on the 'safety' thing.
    -bags cannot be opened
    -you can choose to 'clean' the bag, emptying the bags' contents into your regular and temporary inventory space

I feel like this write-up I did several weeks ago is probably the most sensible way to approach VIP bags and how they'd work when VIP expires...
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    I really would like bag-friendly VIP storage to be a thing too. Honestly if you're worried about accessing/removing items from bags in VIP, I have a couple suggestions:

1. like normal VIP, the bags should act like a one-way bank for any items when you're no longer a VIP player - so if you need something, you should still be able to open/access the bags, but you just can't put anything back in. Also, for safety, bags can't be removed from VIP unless emptied, to avoid being forced to drop or hold them in your mouse until you figure something out.
    -bags can be opened
    -bag inventory is greyed out
    -you cannot use items stored in bags
    -you can remove items from bags, but cannot put items into bags

2. If this isn't possible due to some weirdness with Mabi's engine, then bags could instead act more like the shop kiosk stalls - you can't directly access them when VIP is expired, but you can 'clean' them and remove all items in each bag when they're inaccessible (basically this is pretty much just adding a 'clean bag' option to the right-click menu for all bags). And ditto on the 'safety' thing.
    -bags cannot be opened
    -you can choose to 'clean' the bag, emptying the bags' contents into your regular and temporary inventory space

I feel like this write-up I did several weeks ago is probably the most sensible way to approach VIP bags and how they'd work when VIP expires...

I think they do work that way now, except that any gold stored there is not included in the gold tally field on your inventory page.
  • MairuMairu
    I think they do work that way now, except that any gold stored there is not included in the gold tally field on your inventory page.

You mean with the expiring bags in the general shops? Since we still can't exactly put bags into VIP inventory - which is kinda what I meant: that bags stored in the VIP tab would work like that ideally.
    But if that functionality exists in expiring bags like that, then it makes it all the more realistic that bags stored in the VIP tab would work like that! :)
  • HelsaHelsa

You mean with the expiring bags in the general shops? Since we still can't exactly put bags into VIP inventory - which is kinda what I meant: that bags stored in the VIP tab would work like that ideally.
    But if that functionality exists in expiring bags like that, then it makes it all the more realistic that bags stored in the VIP tab would work like that! :)

Oh, I misunderstood; I thought you were talking about general stuff. At the moment, given the way gold pouches work, my guess is that a bag in VIP would act as an object. So, stuff could be stored in it but to access it after VIP expires would require moving the entire bag to normal inventory and then opening it.
    Mairu
  • MairuMairu
    edited August 24, 2020
    Oh, I misunderstood; I thought you were talking about general stuff. At the moment, given the way gold pouches work, my guess is that a bag in VIP would act as an object. So, stuff could be stored in it but to access it after VIP expires would require moving the entire bag to normal inventory and then opening it.

Yeah, they'd need to change things up to work in a way that makes it reasonable to allow them to be stored in VIP. Given that kiosks have the 'clean kiosk' function to them, it probably wouldn't take a lot to add the same function to inventory bags - let you hit the 'clean bag' option for a bag still stored an expired VIP... Or at least allow you quickly empty a bag if you plan to replace or ditch it. It'd be convenient either way!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    This is overkill... I'm just imagining a mess, looking for needed item through like 20+ bags... Also, if a person's VIP expires and can't buy any more VIP... Does this mean the player would be stuck with locked bags? That's bad if that's the case.

I actually agree with Greta, this is overkill.

Now if they offer ONE BAG TO RULE THEM ALL and take over my entire screen with ONE bag. That would be something. :D
  • HelsaHelsa
    Not at all, if you've ever seen a Windows 3.1 computer and how it stacks windows. I have WAY too many bags for my screen now but I use this method and not only is it quite manageable, I could stuff more in, if I could stuff more in, If that makes any sense. o.O
  • MairuMairu
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Now if they offer ONE BAG TO RULE THEM ALL and take over my entire screen with ONE bag. That would be something. :D

a bag that takes up a 9x10 space with a 1x1 capacity
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »

a bag that takes up a 9x10 space with a 1x1 capacity

What about a 250x500 bag (with scroll bars)!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    maybe let us fuse bags together, similar to when we fynn sync a pet with an inventory
    Kensamaofmari
    Sherri wrote: »
    maybe let us fuse bags together, similar to when we fynn sync a pet with an inventory

Do it with crafting life skills.
  • HelsaHelsa
    ba9fa15e41bc2df97788df608b01edcb.jpg
    SherriKensamaofmari
    ba9fa15e41bc2df97788df608b01edcb.jpg

Boarding level 0
  • HelsaHelsa