Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gold limit why is there a gold limit?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    okay cool but my argument again is how would i purchase something on the AH that is 300m if my bank can only hold 200m.... ?
    Can't use checks to buy items on AH..

Unless, like whales, you have paid for more bank capacity, you don't. Just walk by the Lamborghini dealership, you can't buy one.

• DuothedoubleDuothedouble
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    GhostUN7 wrote: »
    Price caps are needed.
    \
    Greta wrote: »
    Pip-Boy wrote: »
    Please no. This is one of the only things keeping inflation in check. Higher gold limits would mean people buying larger quantities from bots at a time. I hate gold limits as much as anyone but the alternative is worse.

THANK YOU. I thought i was the only one thinking this so i stayed silent on this thread. Glad to know i wasn't the only one disapproving this.

I agree that we need caps i was just expressing many possible ways on fixing the issue quiet a few players are experiencing. I don't want people buy gold from gold bots so lets not make the limit higher but instead put a cap on the AH for pricing to match the average gold a casual account can hold? i believe that is a fair compromise, no?

Alot of people also put up items outside the values that are limited to have people make offers, sadly people take the face value as a actual sales price. Inflation is driven by 1 or two factors in game, in real life its entirely different. There isn't any devaluation occurring with gold, as gold is a universal currency in the game, and Ducats is just a wild card, as there is no currency exchange, we cannot know what the face value of either. so its just 1 gold, and 1 ducat.

The first thing that can drive inflation is outside influence, that being bots as we all speak of. People are smart, and watch the markets as much as we do, what is to stop them from buying a potentially rare item, and reselling it for higher? This fuels their goal into not only obtaining more gold, but also driving the need for others to buy it from them. We all seen this with Reforges, and in the recent patch... Magic Powder.

The second thing that can influence inflation in this game is greed. Face it, were all greedy as hell, trying to get this and that while selling everything we have higher than face value. This triggers several things, people want what you have, and you want what they have. So you jack up your price to get their item, and what happens? The same thing. This will keep happening, and eventually it gets insane.

To be frank with everyone here, the inflation is already apparent, a divine blade is a clear example of this as it is a sword that is value in the billions, yet people some how are able to afford it. Too drive inflation down, you need to decrease the demand, which means increase the supply. Rare mats need to start being more common, and rare gacha items need to have the same fate. Sorry, but your 1 of 200 items, need to be 1 of 200000 items to halt the current inflation that is just destroying the economy in Mabinogi.

I love how you brought up that the loot tables are designed for a much high population then what our American servers have, and they keep bloating the loot tables with trash as well which makes it even harder to get mats. Also personally i do not sell like that i got and see what the 3 lowest items on the board is going for (of the certain item is i'm selling) and go for a maginal price in between cause i want my item to sell quickly so i can put more up on the AH as soon as possible to turn more profit.
    Sherri
  • DuothedoubleDuothedouble
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    edited August 27, 2020
    Just annoyed is all.. This game has saved my life more times then i can count. I just hate that i as a player of 10 years can not progress any further without shelling out a ton of money i don't have cause i am an adult and have bills to pay and family to feed, for more space in a virtual bank. My personal opinion is that there should be a cap put in place on the AH So more players can get the items they want off the board. AND to the person who said people put items up for ungoldy prices to try to get people to negotiate with them they can use the party system to do that like we all have its not that hard.
    SherriKensamaofmari
  • GhostUN7GhostUN7
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    I love how you brought up that the loot tables are designed for a much high population then what our American servers have, and they keep bloating the loot tables with trash as well which makes it even harder to get mats. Also personally i do not sell like that i got and see what the 3 lowest items on the board is going for (of the certain item is i'm selling) and go for a maginal price in between cause i want my item to sell quickly so i can put more up on the AH as soon as possible to turn more profit.

Dungeon loot tables suck in general, take Peaca Abyss for example, not only you get no EXP, but the enchant that people want from it drops at a VERY low rate, to top it off you hardly get any reward for the effort you've put into the dungeon, sure it is short, but not THAT short. Cost more than a 50 hp or mp potion and maybe a weapon or two... the same applies to the advance dungeons, quite apparent with shattered and ruptured pieces that are needed for some Celtic gear, to be honest Celtic gear, for how hard it is too obtain its mats, should perform even better, as the drops and the cost of the mats with the chance of a good 'roll' is slim. I mean a ruptured cost like what... 15 mil now? Yet the weapon itself doesn't even come close to that price, that or it does, but it isn't worth the effort.

A Dan 3 blacksmith/engineer can take basic gear and make it perform on par to Celtic, if not better, though getting to Dan 3 is another problem entirely (crafting progression is way to flipping slow).

Just annoyed is all.. This game has saved my life more times then i can count. I just hate that i as a player of 10 years can not progress any further without shelling out a ton of money i don't have cause i am an adult and have bills to pay and family to feed, for more space in a virtual bank. My personal opinion is that there should be a cap put in place on the AH So more players can get the items they want off the board. AND to the person who said people put items up for ungoldy prices to try to get people to negotiate with them they can use the party system to do that like we all have its not that hard.

people do that, they put a item up on AH and post a party on the board saying S> something on AH note me offer. its to get people too see not only the stats but the weapon itself. It makes sense, but if he/she sells it at face value, would it be wise to argue it? I'd personally would take the 300mil because someone offered it. But also the supply and demand of some items, as pointed above would fix these problems, don't wana flood the market with em, but do it enough where it levels the market out to a point where it doesn't require a whale to buy said item.
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    High prices cause a bad cycle.
    I have to sell over this limit so I can gather enough gold to buy something that's priced even higher.

People show their greed a lot in this game. Regardless of price, most of the time, profit margins will be over 90% in sales because many transactions in game have very little cost (in gold).

Of course, it's a different story when you start to attach real life costs to in game costs. And as there is no official exchange rate of real life money to in game money, people just price things to make it worth their time, like if I spent X amount of money to get this gacha item that I don't want, I'm going to sell it for Y amount of gold to make it worth my irl money spent and the less I see available on the market for transaction, the higher I will evaluate it.
  • HelsaHelsa
    If you set a super-high price and you are able to sell out your stock, then the price is not too high. Unlike real life, with: food, clothing, rent, etc; there is nothing in Mabinogi that you MUST buy; there are no needs just wants. Those folks setting those high prices for highly desirable items are selling them; they have customers. Don't blame the sellers, blame the buyers. How many folks in this game are willing to not buy something because it is too expensive even though they could. The issue here is that buyers can't control their desires; if buyers could the markets would lower.

In real life there are different social classes based on income, so too it is in Mabinogi. The folks buying gatcha and selling the items they don't want, or the folks that buy, say, reforges, from the web-shop, to sell, are the whales that are paying to keep Mabinogi itself a going concern. Their reward for paying to keep Mabinogi alive is that they get the key-FOB to the games patrician class. So we have two markets in the game: that which most of us CAN participate in, and that which we CAN'T. I'd like a Lamborghini but I can't afford one, that's just how it goes.
    Sherri
    Helsa wrote: »
    If you set a super-high price and you are able to sell out your stock, then the price is not too high. Unlike real life, with: food, clothing, rent, etc; there is nothing in Mabinogi that you MUST buy; there are no needs just wants. Those folks setting those high prices for highly desirable items are selling them; they have customers. Don't blame the sellers, blame the buyers. How many folks in this game are willing to not buy something because it is too expensive even though they could. The issue here is that buyers can't control their desires; if buyers could the markets would lower.

In real life there are different social classes based on income, so too it is in Mabinogi. The folks buying gatcha and selling the items they don't want, or the folks that buy, say, reforges, from the web-shop, to sell, are the whales that are paying to keep Mabinogi itself a going concern. Their reward for paying to keep Mabinogi alive is that they get the key-FOB to the games patrician class. So we have two markets in the game: that which most of us CAN participate in, and that which we CAN'T. I'd like a Lamborghini but I can't afford one, that's just how it goes.

You could also say that buyers' desires drive up prices of all other commodities because in order to accumulate enough gold to get that ridiculously expensive item, they will increase the prices of items they sell in order to reach that total faster.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    i mean, there are technically needs, like better gear... i've seen many friends of mine quit because of that

so you need better gear to advance in the game, play the newer content, etc.
    you need to play the newer content to get said gear (or gacha your money away)
    saving gold is an option-- oh wait, everything is priced to hell

i have a few ways to make gold though, if anyone wants me to share some tips
    Sherri wrote: »
    i mean, there are technically needs, like better gear... i've seen many friends of mine quit because of that

so you need better gear to advance in the game, play the newer content, etc.
    you need to play the newer content to get said gear (or gacha your money away)
    saving gold is an option-- oh wait, everything is priced to hell

i have a few ways to make gold though, if anyone wants me to share some tips

Sherri has gold making tips, I have price undercutting tips.
  • PyrrusPyrrus
    Mabinogi Rep: 575
    edited September 2, 2020
    I remember reading how people complained that the economy of Nao was really disrupted by the merge, I'm almost certain its because of the gold hoarders' having all of their characters all merged onto one server allowing them to have higher gold caps than ever... Well, I'm sure its safe to assume that it certainly played a role in all of that at the very least. That and people knew it was coming, everyone would have been hoarding at that point.

I think Mabinogi has a strange mix of an item based economy and a gold based one, gold isn't worthless, far from it, but the inflation has taken its toll. I remember saving up for a set of NPC armour 10 years ago, I can easily buy a hundred of them now if i wanted to ... what? I'm not rich! Nowadays, items are my most valued possessions.
    Sherri
    Pyrrus wrote: »
    I remember reading how people complained that the economy of Nao was really disrupted by the merge, I'm almost certain its because of the gold hoarders' having all of their characters all merged onto one server allowing them to have higher gold caps than ever... Well, I'm sure its safe to assume that it certainly played a role in all of that at the very least. That and people knew it was coming, everyone would have been hoarding at that point.

I think Mabinogi has a strange mix of an item based economy and a gold based one, gold isn't worthless, far from it, but the inflation has taken its toll. I remember saving up for a set of NPC armour 10 years ago, I can easily buy a hundred of them now if i wanted to ... what? I'm not rich! Nowadays, items are my most valued possessions.

Naturally the server(s) that had a lot of gold in circulation helped inflate everything once merged with the other servers.
    I think the injection of gold has helped stimulate the player economy, but also at the cost of ridiculous inflation. The few gold hoarders are now able to dictate the market by their will because they know that the server merge creates a larger market and they can actually get away with their evil pricing because they know there is demand.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited September 4, 2020
    i mean, there are technically needs, like better gear...

But is that really a need rather than a want? It makes things easier, to be sure, but is it otherwise completely impossible without it?
    The few gold hoarders are now able to dictate the market by their will because they know that the server merge creates a larger market and they can actually get away with their evil pricing because they know there is demand.

It's not that they're dictating markets, it's that there are two tiers of markets. In the real world there is a market for Lamborghini's. None of us can afford them yet none of us are demanding the government have the price of them be lowered so regular people can buy them. If people are willing to buy items at listed price then the pricing is not "evil". If most people don't like the prices then DON'T PAY THEM. But that's never the case because someone always pays. Don't blame the sellers, blame the buyers. Sellers are normal people like everyone else and try to profit maximize; can you really blame them for that.
    Helsa wrote: »
    i mean, there are technically needs, like better gear...

But is that really a need rather than a want? It makes things easier, to be sure, but is it otherwise completely impossible without it?
    The few gold hoarders are now able to dictate the market by their will because they know that the server merge creates a larger market and they can actually get away with their evil pricing because they know there is demand.

It's not that they're dictating markets, it's that there are two tiers of markets. In the real world there is a market for Lamborghini's. None of us can afford them yet none of us are demanding the government have the price of them be lowered so regular people can buy them. If people are willing to buy items at listed price then the pricing is not "evil". If most people don't like the prices then DON'T PAY THEM. But that's never the case because someone always pays. Don't blame the sellers, blame the buyers. Sellers are normal people like everyone else and try to profit maximize; can you really blame them for that.

Blame them for greed.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    Unfortunately you will have to start storing your gold in check forms instead of the bank. If you have VIP there is no fee for making checks.