Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elf/Giant Marriage (Again, Kinda)

roseangelroseangel
Mabinogi Rep: 925
in General Chat
My friend recently started playing mabinogi with me again. We ship our characters even though my character is an elf and hers is a giant.
It got me thinking about elf/giant marriage and if it'll ever be a thing (it also got me reading through an old thread). I thought that, if it did happen, there should be an event quest to reunite Atrata and Taunes. I know their story is meant to be bittersweet but ugh my fragile heart can't take it! Or maybe a quest to build neutral ground with elves and giants, or a quest that centers around characters turning their backs on their respective societies for love. Or something.
I'm so excited thinking about a hypothetical event for something that hasn't been put into the game. The drama! The romance! Event rewards!
CrimsọnNegumikoRadiant DawnSherri

Comments

• 아이씨아이씨
    Mabinogi Rep: 375
    The thought of roleplaying makes me shiver.
    SherriGreta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    아이씨 wrote: »

I used to role play. No shame.
    Sherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited August 30, 2020
    this topic was last discussed in late April roughly 4 months ago. here is a link to the thread in case you missed it when it was around as it is more recent then the thread you listed: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/22869/elf-giant-marriage

I think that Krug is to proud to admit defeat first and Castanea is to stuck in the old ways of the elves to ever get any change done. so that is why I think Cor Village would make a good place for a church of some kind where elves and giants can choose to go against their own people and get married anyway. either that or Filia and Vales need new leaders that can move them past the war and make peace. the other thing I don't like is marriages being restricted to certain locations, I think two elves should be able to marry in Emain or Filia, two giants should be able to marry in Emain or Vales, and two humans should be able to get married wherever they want.

Elf and Giant marriage would help bring a little more life into Iria although I don't believe that it would boost population there for anymore then a few months on it's own. I would also like to see some sort of Shadow Alter in the Muyu Desert that could reveal the past of the city that was once there, Iria Commerce, fixing some of the glitches with Rafting and possibly extending the river route for Rafting, more daily quests added everywhere especially in Iria including a Adventure Seal Merchant in Iria and updates to improve the Adventure Seal shop, and finally just more events taking place in Iria in general instead of only 2 or 3 events in Iria a year. we have a massive continent bigger then Uladh and yet it is one of the most underused and abandoned areas of the game most of time so I will support any ideas the will have a positive impact on improving Iria. Elf and Giant marriage should be a feature already, Iria the continent needs to evolve and this marriage update would be the big first step.
    roseangelSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    *cringe intensifies*
  • roseangelroseangel
    Negumiko wrote: »
    we have a massive continent bigger then Uladh and yet it is one of the most underused and abandoned areas of the game most of time so I will support any ideas the will have a positive impact on improving Iria.
    It makes me sad how empty Iria is most of the time :(
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited August 31, 2020
    Everyone talks about the giant/non-giant wedding day, but what about the wedding night; 75% of the time, it's either a nightmare or a disappointment.
    Fluorette
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Helsa wrote: »
    Everyone talks about the giant/non-giant wedding day, but what about the wedding night; 75% of the time, it's either a nightmare or a disappointment.

This made my morning. :D
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    like what others have said, i'd take anything that helps Iria develop more, im especially sick of there being no music.. and that horrid audio bug near Qilla makes me want to rip my hair out...
    Crimsọn wrote: »

i used to too, in like 2012 lol
    sometimes i long for those days again, i met lots of friends and my imagination truly ran wild, but then i stumble upon a roleplaying couple in Mabi which makes me cringe and change my mind... its an endless cycle :I
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Ah, the emptiness inside modern day solonogi, where people grind endlessly like robots. So hollow.
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 31, 2020
    Ah, the emptiness inside modern day solonogi, where people grind endlessly like robots. So hollow.

Who said we only grind? I only afk and dye my clothes....
  • HelsaHelsa

Meh, at least they're playing. If not for jousting I'd be one of those "stepped away from the game for a while" folks right now.
  • roseangelroseangel
    Sherri wrote: »
    like what others have said, i'd take anything that helps Iria develop more, im especially sick of there being no music.. and that horrid audio bug near Qilla makes me want to rip my hair out...

sometimes i long for those days again, i met lots of friends and my imagination truly ran wild, but then i stumble upon a roleplaying couple in Mabi which makes me cringe and change my mind... its an endless cycle :I

I had an encounter where two people were roleplaying some suggestive content in the middle of Dunbarton during the pillow fight event. It was uh... Something to behold.
  • GretaGreta
    Oh no...
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »

Who said we only grind? I only afk and dye my clothes....

AFK and dyeing is an automatic feature implemented into our minds. It's passive.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited September 4, 2020
    roseangel wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

I had an encounter where two people were roleplaying some suggestive content in the middle of Dunbarton during the pillow fight event. It was uh... Something to behold.

I remember coming across a video on YouTube two people made in a dungeon boss room. It was all "boon chicka boon wa wa". O.O