Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gold Lottery?

RavagneRavagne
Mabinogi Rep: 335
in Feedback and Suggestions
Seeing how we have tax in Mabinogi but they’re not really going anywhere I was thinking it would be a cool idea if all of the gold used for taxes would all be pooled together for a weekly or monthly lottery for 1 player to win.

The one big downside to this I can see is the lottery bringing more botting/RMT accounts around to try to get that gold.

Comments

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    The entire point of taxes as I understand them is to take money out of the economy to help prevent inflation; if you just move that money around instead, you're not removing it...
    Greta
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    There's taxes?
  • RavagneRavagne
    The entire point of taxes as I understand them is to take money out of the economy to help prevent inflation; if you just move that money around instead, you're not removing it...
    That makes sense, thanks for your input!

• RavagneRavagne
    There's taxes?
    Yes all Non-vip players pay taxes when they deposit items/money into the bank. Also items 50k+gold from a kiosk/personal have the option for direct pay from bank with tax. Thinking about it more it’s simply unfair cause the vip players don’t pay taxes xD so nvm this was a bad idea.
  • RavagneRavagne
    I take back what I said cause that point you made makes sense in real life but not in mabinogi.
    Ravagne wrote: »
    There's taxes?
    Yes all Non-vip players pay taxes when they deposit items/money into the bank. Also items 50k+gold from a kiosk/personal have the option for direct pay from bank with tax. Thinking about it more it’s simply unfair cause the vip players don’t pay taxes xD so nvm this was a bad idea.

Logically, tax is the correct thinking of the gold sink fees, but I consider it profit for the NPCs. Technically speaking, there are no taxes levied by the NPCs of authority in the game.

Actually, VIP players to pay fees in all transactions with Erskin Bank and AH.
    Greta
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    What about a gold version of the wishing tree but one that pays out often enough so that people don't just give up on it.
    KensamaofmariRavagneSherri
  • RavagneRavagne
    There's taxes?

Logically, tax is the correct thinking of the gold sink fees, but I consider it profit for the NPCs. Technically speaking, there are no taxes levied by the NPCs of authority in the game.

If you know there were taxes why ask me this question lmao

• RavagneRavagne
    There's taxes?

Please stop replying to my stuff you literally put in nothing to what I’m talking about and just looking to add numbers under your name it seems.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This one just kills the whole point of gold sinking it seems... Nope. We got too much gold anyway. Some people hold not just millions, but literally billions. BILLIONS.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Greta wrote: »
    This one just kills the whole point of gold sinking it seems... Nope. We got too much gold anyway. Some people hold not just millions, but literally billions. BILLIONS.

yeah i was gonna say, imagine someone with billions of gold winning that gold lottery... *shivers*
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

I once had a billion gold. :)
    Kensamaofmari
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Crimsọn wrote: »

I once had a billion gold. :)

most i've had is 150m and thats right now lol
    Kensamaofmari
  • SkyahriSkyahri
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    The whole point of systems like these is to remove gold from the game to slow down inflation. If you just put that gold back into the game then the economy would be inflated a lot faster than it already is. People complain all the time about why everything is so much more expensive now and that is because on average players have a lot more gold when compared to the past and it would be even worse if it wasn't for these gold sinks. In other words, this is a bad idea.
    SherriKensamaofmari
    There's taxes?

Please stop replying to my stuff you literally put in nothing to what I’m talking about and just looking to add numbers under your name it seems.

You have issues.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    There's taxes?

You have issues.

We all do. *shrugs*
    There's taxes?

You have issues.

We all do. *shrugs*

My quest to find someone without issues just got harder.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 9, 2020
    There's taxes?

You have issues.

We all do. *shrugs*

My quest to find someone without issues just got harder.

I got issues too. Some really pent up deep seeded issues that haunt the very depths of my soul. Half of them are in regards to this forum. It keeps me up at night. :trollface:
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    A lottery, which is what the wishing tree really is, could be made to work as a sink. You set the odds at winning such that to guarantee a win costs more than it pays out; that will reduce the gold supply. The thing is though, like the wishing tree, if the odds are so low then no one plays. It's ironic that in real life, where you need to buy food and medicine and pay rent people buy lottery tickets but in Mab, where nothing is needed, no one bothers; go figure.
    Ravagne
  • RavagneRavagne
    There's taxes?

You have issues.

I have issues ? You lurk the forums drooling waiting to comment on literally every post just to increase numbers under your name.