Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This Ski Quest

lostheavenlostheaven
Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
in General Chat
So I'm really really REALLY stuck on this Saga Quest to chase the bad guys on skis. I aim for the green dots to speed up but the guy gets away from me and the quest fails in like not even 30 seconds in. Anyone able to help?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 5, 2020
    Gotta learn your directional keys, you have to know when to skid. We usually have a ski event every year. I'm pretty decent at it now.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Mabinogi has a built-in screen recorder feature. You can find it on the right of the bottom-bar in the popup menu thing. Before entering the mission activate it and try the mission while recording. Don't ask why, just do it.
    lostheaven
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    JJ wrote: »
    Mabinogi has a built-in screen recorder feature. You can find it on the right of the bottom-bar in the popup menu thing. Before entering the mission activate it and try the mission while recording. Don't ask why, just do it.

I'm asking why. Why do you want to record while doing that quest?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    *confused screaming*
    Crimsọn
  • JJJJ
    Crimsọn wrote: »

For some odd reason recording while doing the quest fixes issues people have with it. I don't know why.

Crimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    edited September 6, 2020
    Crimsọn wrote: »

For some odd reason recording while doing the quest fixes issues people have with it. I don't know why.

The way you said this doesn't add up to me. I think OP just needs 2gitgud...
    Crimsọn
  • lostheavenlostheaven

Yeah I've tried that.
    Crimsọn
  • lostheavenlostheaven
    edited September 7, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    I think OP just needs 2gitgud...

Thanks, that's super helpuful. *eyeroll*

Crimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    edited September 8, 2020
    lostheaven wrote: »
    I think OP just needs 2gitgud...

Thanks, that's super helpuful. *eyeroll*

Hi. I'd like to be helpuful for you next time!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 8, 2020

Yeah I've tried that.

Time 2gitgud. XD

Jk...ish.
    Alright why don't you put that recording feature to actual use and show us what you are actually doing? You probably already have a few videos recorded, so post them here.

Thanks, that would be super helpuful. :D
    We're terrible people.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • lostheavenlostheaven
    And this is exactly why the Mabingoi community has gone down hill. No. I'm not a good player. I'm a returning player asking for help with something I've been stuck on for a very long time. Telling me to "get good" isn't very helpful. In fact it's aggrevating. Trolling. Rude. Call it whatever you want to call it. It doens't help me in any way, so maybe it would be better left unsaid to begin with.

And maybe I would be better off not wasting my time to come back. Such a shame. I love the game, but I really hate the community.

CaterexKousukeKira
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 8, 2020
    And this is exactly why the *Mabinogi* community has gone down hill. No. I'm not a good player. I'm a returning player asking for help with something I've been stuck on for a very long time. Telling me to "get good" isn't very helpful. In fact it's *aggravating*. Trolling. Rude. Call it whatever you want to call it. It *doesn't* help me in any way, so maybe it would be better left unsaid to begin with.

And maybe I would be better off not wasting my time to come back. Such a shame. I love the game, but I really hate the community.

Do as I tell you. Post a video. :|
    I want to know what you're doing wrong.

Also point of advice...serious players don't get too far in this game. You'll burn yourself out if you don't have a bit of fun with it. This is honestly our way of being friendly. If we didn't care at all your thread would get buried with no response while us "elitists" or veterans run around and do our thing not paying you any heed. Facts.

So, lets turn this around.
  • CaterexCaterex
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    And this is exactly why the Mabingoi community has gone down hill. No. I'm not a good player. I'm a returning player asking for help with something I've been stuck on for a very long time. Telling me to "get good" isn't very helpful. In fact it's aggrevating. Trolling. Rude. Call it whatever you want to call it. It doens't help me in any way, so maybe it would be better left unsaid to begin with.

Maybe you would find more luck in a discord, If Mabinogi has one. In these forums, there seem to be the same people replying and answering questions. If they can't help you, maybe someone of a hypothetical discord can. Good luck. I would help, but I haven't even started on story quests, lol
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Caterex wrote: »

Maybe you would find more luck in a discord, If Mabinogi has one. In these forums, there seem to be the same people replying and answering questions. If they can't help you, maybe someone of a hypothetical discord can. Good luck. I would help, but I haven't even started on story quests, lol

Discord is the same as here.
    Greta
  • JJJJ
    I wouldn't have put it quite like that, but Crimson has a point. We can't tell you what to do differently if we can't see what you're doing. A video would really help.
    The best we can do is give you shot-in-the-dark advice like the one I gave you.

Is your "Range of Vision" in options set to maximum?
    Crimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    No info, no video. I have zero idea about which quest OP is talking about. The dude tried to help with a really weird method, also without any info or video. Might as well say whatever since no one can't help you with so little information.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited September 9, 2020
    I was going to comment on this few days ago but I got lazy and assumed OP will figure it out
    and then the confusions has began and I'm just laughing as sort of read through (Im still lazy as fudge)
    and I had an Idea to add fuel to the flames and and leave a good but confusing advise like
    "turn left to go right and vise versa" (nothing else other than that)
    but then I felt sorry for the new guy, maybe he will end up feeling that the community just wants to troll him or something

SO I WILL DO SOME SORT OF DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS, SO READ AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT PLEASE (OMFG I'm stll feeling so lazy)

the ski minigame has a drifting mechanics and its best to take advantage of it

Controls: W,A,S,D keys and the spacebar.
    W makes you ski faster
    A turns you left
    S slows you down
    D turns you right
    Press the spacebar with A or D to perform a power slide. (power slide is kind of like drifting)

(and no the turn left to go right doesnt apply here)
    (Im not even sure why I wanted to put that here but the scene from cars gave me the idea so, uhhh , moving on)
    (I was actually going to write the controls functions but I got lazy so I just copied the one from wiki)
    pressing space bar will slowdown ur foreward movement but speeds ur turning movement
    having ur right hand on ur mouse (left if ur a lefty and arranged ur pc that way) while pressing right mouse button
    and turning the camera angle also helps (not sure about others but it help me just give it a try)

so basically pressing space makes ur character rotate faster but .dont press too long or u will stop
    it may take some practice to get used to so just keep practicing
    might end up a good preparation just incase we get another winter sports event

if ur confused the words in parenthesis are my monologues and additional words
    Crimsọnlostheaven
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    No info, no video. I have zero idea about which quest OP is talking about. The dude tried to help with a really weird method, also without any info or video. Might as well say whatever since no one can't help you with so little information.

uhhh here
    Iria II: Episode 4 The Black Book
    Saviors on Skis
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

It doesn't matter, it's skiing. lol.

@lostheaven
    My guess is, you need to go fasturrr. That means using W for speed and use Spacebar with A (left) or D (right) to maintain speed on turns instead of steering awkwardly and slowly. Not all turns need drifting though. Some of them with some minor steering can be coasted through, take advantage of that. You'll probably need some practice with this knowledge that was ever so eloquently provided by noobodyzxz.

Like this:

So in conclusion; hug those flags and be fast.
  • GretaGreta
    edited September 9, 2020
    So i was right, there was no technical issue. Just lack of skills. I knew what skiing was, but i totally forgot we had such quest, since it's Saga II. Never doing that one again lol.

Honestly, i suggest ignoring Saga II cause it's trash in every way possible. If you really want that extra AP and achievement in your diary then yeah, it's time to suffer for pretty much just that.
    Sherri