Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Entire Uladh Map

NegumikoNegumiko
Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
edited September 6, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
so I usually support improving Iria and still do but one thing that bothers me about Uladh is how much of the map is unused.

when just viewing the Uladh map and the areas on it we only see this:
de4ov4c-c6731a7c-1e9e-4332-b85c-3cb08f53c911.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTRvdjRjLWM2NzMxYTdjLTFlOWUtNDMzMi1iODVjLTNjYjA4ZjUzYzkxMS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.RY9xIUFjntWhHNhIvReX0aujcYgJw5ClMiI8kkrMKPA

but that is not full size of Uladh. when we see the world map like when we continent warp for example Uladh is actually a lot bigger:
de4ov1p-ef32d65d-6bbd-4e5d-b1a1-dd1f9f55a985.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTRvdjFwLWVmMzJkNjVkLTZiYmQtNGU1ZC1iMWExLWRkMWY5ZjU1YTk4NS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.QBKEsMV40XNjqGimAxwcj806-YP5YsfcX9k3Ycp--rI

there is a lot of the Uladh continent that is unused which is kind of a waste. the two large white areas are the unused areas of Uladh:
de4ouyv-0344258a-cc80-4455-9d4d-17909a185336.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTRvdXl2LTAzNDQyNThhLWNjODAtNDQ1NS05ZDRkLTE3OTA5YTE4NTMzNi5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.ZdsevsAC4r6OLRzvGTboHejh5o81ezpxrpI_NorH6Kc

I was very happy when the Belvast map was finally completed. what about adding a secret ninja village in Uladh to expand on Hagi's and Anju's story? maybe a new area for new story content could go in one of those empty areas?
Sherri
  1. Does anyone else want to see the Uladh map finished out?8 votes
    1. yes
       75% (6 votes)
    2. no, Uladh is fine as it is
       0% (0 votes)
    3. only if something useful is added
       25% (2 votes)
    4. don't really care either way
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    definitely agree with this, would be super fun to explore new areas from both Iria and Uladh
    theres a lot of space out west too that could be explored (it looks like?)
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Sherri wrote: »
    definitely agree with this, would be super fun to explore new areas from both Iria and Uladh

do you mean the area just above Taillteann and West of Tir Chonaill at the top there is Cuilin Residential which is not visible on the zoomed out map for some reason? I circled in red where Cuilin Residential area would be on the zoomed out map so yes I think there could be something small added above the Cuilin Residential area:
    de4rc8o-b4bba37a-1226-4794-b584-4c703b8d8e68.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTRyYzhvLWI0YmJhMzdhLTEyMjYtNDc5NC1iNTg0LTRjNzAzYjhkOGU2OC5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.pxZY68vH2eceF0258GW5bTPHBx57xv9dqVRrW8ZP_Fs

there is also a little bit of space on the other side of the river going from Corrib Valley through Tara that could have small stuff added to finish out the edge of the map more. my thoughts about a potential ninja village is to have it put the bottom white area of the map somewhere and add a ninja npc in Morva Aisle that could teleport you to the new area without adding any actual pathway. since it would be a ninja village I feel it should be hidden and secret from the rest of Uladh but of course the ninja npc that teleports you in and out should be able to teleport commerce mounts as well if it done this way as expanded the map also has potential for new commerce routes that should definitely be added when possible.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 7, 2020
    I want to see what the rest of the Uladh continent looks like and not just half of it. THIS has always bothered me.

sJS5pt1.png

I hereby dub the rest of the continent the United Crimson Nation of the Republic. XD
    This is where you will finally get the Necromancy talent.
    NegumikoKensamaofmariSherriJuliet1972
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    I want to see what the rest of the Uladh continent looks like and not just half of it. THIS has always bothered me.

sJS5pt1.png

I hereby dub the rest of the continent The United Crimson Nation. XD

although we can't be sure exactly how big the other half of Uladh could be it would still be nice to see the rest of it. Uladh is the most populated continent in the game and most of the players are just crammed into Dunbarton with lots of unused areas as well. if Uladh really did double in size and would get new locations it could really bring the commerce system back to life. little separate areas like Festia and the Mag Mell are okay but I wish we could expand on and add more to the existing continents we already have instead of adding new small zones in the middle of nowhere. does anyone even visit Festia anymore, it seems mostly forgotten unless we actually get a event there. more players would probably visit if the Uladh map was improved first and it was added there instead.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited September 8, 2020
    A couple things:

1. Are all the known parts, of the world map, to scale with respect to each other? The Iria maps seem smaller than they should be compared to the Uladh maps.
    2. The maps do have labeled coordinates. These are more readily seen on the Iria map. Whereas the East/West demarcation seems to be without issue (with somewhere near Port Quilla set as the Prime Meridian), the north/south are not; check 'em out.

On a side note. Has anyone surveyed the night sky for constellations?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crimsọn wrote: »

sJS5pt1.png

I hereby dub the rest of the continent the United Crimson Nation of the Republic. XD
    This is where you will finally get the Necromancy talent.

I see you've circumnavigated Ireland. xD
    Btw, Iria does look a bit like Scotland doesn't it?
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Ireland.. Scotland....

*spits out tea*
    England when???
    Juliet1972
  • SherriSherri
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

do you mean the area just above Taillteann and West of Tir Chonaill at the top there is Cuilin Residential which is not visible on the zoomed out map for some reason? I circled in red where Cuilin Residential area would be on the zoomed out map so yes I think there could be something small added above the Cuilin Residential area:
    de4rc8o-b4bba37a-1226-4794-b584-4c703b8d8e68.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTRyYzhvLWI0YmJhMzdhLTEyMjYtNDc5NC1iNTg0LTRjNzAzYjhkOGU2OC5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.pxZY68vH2eceF0258GW5bTPHBx57xv9dqVRrW8ZP_Fs

there is also a little bit of space on the other side of the river going from Corrib Valley through Tara that could have small stuff added to finish out the edge of the map more. my thoughts about a potential ninja village is to have it put the bottom white area of the map somewhere and add a ninja npc in Morva Aisle that could teleport you to the new area without adding any actual pathway. since it would be a ninja village I feel it should be hidden and secret from the rest of Uladh but of course the ninja npc that teleports you in and out should be able to teleport commerce mounts as well if it done this way as expanded the map also has potential for new commerce routes that should definitely be added when possible.

i meant what Crims posted, that is west right? idek lol
    edited September 10, 2020
    There was another map thread where we speculated that south may be where the Fomors are from based off how the events happened in earlier generations.

But yeah, there's still a whole lot that can be uncovered both north and south of the current Uladh map and whatever is currently cutoff west of Tara.

Btw, why do Uladh rivers and streams flow the opposite direction of where they actually exit?
  • Juliet1972Juliet1972
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    Uladh is Ireland and Belvast is the Isle of Man but Iria is Scotland/England?

WOW
    Kensamaofmari
    Juliet1972 wrote: »
    Uladh is Ireland and Belvast is the Isle of Man but Iria is Scotland/England?

WOW

Yes. Although we're missing England and Wales

f3814a2e26885bd03eb4ae20410cdde2.jpg
    Sherri