Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Merge Alexina

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
in General Chat
KgVelqO.jpg

Hm...I think they want to be merged?
KensamaofmariWolfsingerHelsa

Comments

• SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited September 13, 2020
    Doesn't help that their Instagram story directly replied to a comment about the merge recently with sarcasm that implied they were ignoring it.

Mermerie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 13, 2020
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Doesn't help that their Instagram story directly replied to a comment about the merge recently with sarcasm that implied they were ignoring it.

Oof, implied from them? Wow. Mind noting me that?
    Helsa
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Sebastian wrote: »

Oof, implied from them? Wow. Mind noting me that?

Will look for the picture in a moment
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    No thanks. We are fine like that.
    WolfsingerRakPlatinaKoki
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »

C'mon Greta, be one with me. :grin:
    KensamaofmariHelsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    KgVelqO.jpg

Yes, as a matter of fact I DO have a character on Nao; why do you ask?
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited September 14, 2020
    reasons why a complete merge did not happen

1. Its a pain for the devs and the company - server merging is not as easy as one would think, it would require equipment capable of handling the load of increase in players on a single server and usually server merge is a bitter pill mmo's had to swallow to alleviate the decrease in population of players.

2. It's more practical to have multiple servers than a single one - a single server that is super powerful may cost a few times more than two servers that are half as powerful. You want to be able to buy your hardware at the price point that is cheaper and not be locked into a higher price point because it's the only thing that will work.

3. Wear and tear of hardware - some of u may suggest that nexon should just run mabinogi servers at maximum capacity to be able to handle the merge but that is a very stupid move. Like any device any hardware that is frequently run at maximum capacity causes it to wear and tear which leads to inconsistency on the hardware's performance and eventually to its complete loss of function. Most hardwares usually runs at half capacity in order to prevent this from happening and preserve its life span.

actual reasons why most people still want the merge (actually this are just my assumptions)

Envy - most people that want Alexina to merge are just envious of what Nao currently have and even if the merge happened that envy will just shift to somewhere else. People that can't let go and be content will never be content even if they got what they wanted. The feeling of being left out is also forms of envy. (I feel bad it feels like I threw a rock on a hive of bees)

Friends and stuff - Most of merge petitioners simply miss either their friends that moved to Nao or their stuff that they left at Alexina after moving to Nao. Its either they cant make new friends, they cant find new friends, they don't want to grind in a new server or they used a lot of money on their Alexina account and just dont want to abandon it but at the same time they are envious of Nao players.

Lack of activity - due to the decline of players mostly combat spammers (because most of them probably moved to Nao) not many do dungeon runs, shadow missions spams and raid spams in Alexina and some of these merge petitioners are power players wants to get back to spamming dungeons, SM and raids but dont want to abandon their characters.

Market - bots and grinders want to be able to have access to a much bigger market in Nao and a lot of them are still stuck in Alexina
    Rak
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    KgVelqO.jpg

Hm...I think they want to be merged?

the consistency of pixels in tables and chairs facing same angle gives away the fact that this was edited
    but ill give them an E for effort
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Must assimilate as one.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Calling Nao and Alexina "servers" is a misnomer. The actual servers are the channels. So Nao is a database cluster partition of, at least, 10 servers, while Alexina is of 7. So the present Mabinogi database cluster is on at least 17 servers, whereas before the merge it was at least 28. Had Nao been a single box then the emergency adding of three channels to it less than a week after it went live would have made no difference. But it did make a difference because they were really adding three actual servers. Making a full merge would have made no difference in terms of hardware load. Had they made one server it would have had more than 10 channels. The traffic into and out of the data center remains the same. The only real added pressure with a full merge is that the most popular channel becomes more likely to be always full, other than that (and the name thing) it makes no difference.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Here comes the bees. :grin:
    KensamaofmariHelsa
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Must assimilate as one.

Nah, i realized it's better with less competition lol.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    In the Kingdom of the Blind, the Man with One Eye Is King.
    Helsa
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

It definitely gives him an edge
    Kensamaofmari
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited September 15, 2020
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

It definitely gives him an edge

Why would someone with only one eye have an edge? I don't think the number of eyes make a difference if they're all blind.
    Vima
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Just go and transfer to Nao
    dont drag us into the complicated world of getting merged
    Alexina is doing fine as it is
    claiming Alexina and Nao as database clusters and channels are servers doesn't make any difference
    same problems will still happened and even if they get resolved there will always be someone who would find faults and complain
    nobody has time for this merge why waste time for this merge spamming post
    I'm too lazy to argue with this
    I did my best and done my research
    I'll just flag this as petition and spamming everytime it gets posted
    and since its an old topic being revisited over and over It could also be considered necrobumping
    I've decided to stop throwing stones on the hive and just drag it down
    I'll definitely get stinged alot
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    claiming Alexina and Nao as database clusters and channels are servers doesn't make any difference
    same problems will still happened and even if they get resolved there will always be someone who would find faults and complain
    and since its an old topic being revisited over and over It could also be considered necrobumping

I'M NOT EVEN PETITIONING, FO.
    NegumikoWolfsingerSherriHelsa
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765

well good luck with all that. nobody is forcing you to read these topics, simply avoid them if you don't like them. this thread and many others like it these days don't even have a poll to vote only with players simply discussing the topic which is the purpose of the having forums in the first place. just cause you want it to be a petition simply cause you dislike the topic doesn't mean it is true. players have a right to discuss topics as long as it is done in a civilized manner that follows the forum rules which all of them do. the only one that appears to be disruptive and spamming in this thread is you since you felt the need to comment 3 times with negative things to contribute to the discussion. even the relevant points you did mention would come across better if you had a better attitude during this discussion.
    WolfsingerGretaSherriMermerie
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    why merge?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Negumiko wrote: »

well good luck with all that. nobody is forcing you to read these topics, simply avoid them if you don't like them. this thread and many others like it these days don't even have a poll to vote only with players simply discussing the topic which is the purpose of the having forums in the first place. just cause you want it to be a petition simply cause you dislike the topic doesn't mean it is true. players have a right to discuss topics as long as it is done in a civilized manner that follows the forum rules which all of them do. the only one that appears to be disruptive and spamming in this thread is you since you felt the need to comment 3 times with negative things to contribute to the discussion. even the relevant points you did mention would come across better if you had a better attitude during this discussion.

This basically. I genuinely hope we never merge, but I'm not going to be rude about others discussing it.

Frankly though I thought the image was funny. How many desks would it take to recreate that image as close as possible? :P
    GretaSherri