Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best *overall* one hander

VasumatiVasumati
Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
edited September 14, 2020 in General Chat
In your opinion, what is THE best *overall* on handed weapon? And i mean very specifically, one handed. Like, to use with a shield. The two i've seen would be the Divine Bastard sword, or the celtic royal battle axe. The axes a good max damage of upper 90's, with good crit and balance. Not to mention axe masteery which gives you some defense penetration, along with the smash giving you even more pen. The divine bastard sword just has really high damage, but really shines with a divine shield. But i want to make sure there's nothing i'm missing, so fellow shield enthuesist; what are your favourite setups and why??

I know shields and defensive styles are off meta rn, idc. Don't come in here and start talking about divine blades and super offense and stuff. This is a thread for one handed weapons and shields enthuesist. Mainly for humans and elves.

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I know I've seen some pretty decent wooden sticks out there before.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    I know I've seen some pretty decent wooden sticks out there before.

yeah wooden sticks are OP
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited September 14, 2020
    Vasumati wrote: »
    In your opinion, what is THE best *overall* on handed weapon? And i mean very specifically, one handed. Like, to use with a shield. The two i've seen would be the Divine Bastard sword, or the celtic royal battle axe. The axes a good max damage of upper 90's, with good crit and balance. Not to mention axe masteery which gives you some defense penetration, along with the smash giving you even more pen. The divine bastard sword just has really high damage, but really shines with a divine shield. But i want to make sure there's nothing i'm missing, so fellow shield enthuesist; what are your favourite setups and why??

I know shields and defensive styles are off meta rn, idc. Don't come in here and start talking about divine blades and super offense and stuff. This is a thread for one handed weapons and shields enthuesist. Mainly for humans and elves.

How about a wand with a guardian shield! XD

If you are a giant you can one-hand a lance or what are 2H-swords for humans. If you aren't a giant, then to quote a typical NYC police officer: "Show's over folks; move along."
    Bronzebreak
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Celtic swords for dual weild.
    Frosted Borealis Blade for cheap 2h.
    Kensamaofmari
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    one handed weapons and shields enthusiast(u do realize a spell checker exist and then somebody is gonna say same thing to me)
    for one handed weapons and shields enthusiast the best 1 handed weapon is a fast weapon just look it up in wiki the stats are there and also the image if ur going with looking cool route.

but wooden stick is still the most op weapon out there yes wooden stick any one handed weapons and shields enthusiast dont stand a chance against a newbie with a wooden stick. especially if u get a super rare type of wooden stick with insane speed and massive amounts of damage.
    I saw one being traded for 8 dead bees and dead bees are the currency of the rich, 1 dead bee could range from 10m to 100m gold. The super ultra rare wooden stick was a glitch that was given to some new players that completed a tutorial mission. The wooden stick stats basically increase as a player's total lvl increase brobably until lvl 1000 and it's so rare that they decided to let those few players that received it keep it. This wooden stick is so rare not many knows about it, I know I'm one of those that got it but I'm also one of the stupid ones that sold it to npc for 0 gold and didn't realize what I have until it was discussed on the old forums including the days the glitch happened and the details that make it different from the usual wooden stick. I'm not even sure if people remembers that wooden stick these days
    Kensamaofmari
  • VasumatiVasumati
    Sorry i was mistaken, the Celtic Royal Battle Axe actually goes up to 112 attack power. Even better. If you value ping more than flat defense, a Targe shield is a cheap alternative to the Divine Shield. It can get up to 14% auto defense. The shield of Avon is a decent all-rounder with charge enhancment. Then there's the demonic shield which would probably the next best thing besides the divine shield.
    Kensamaofmari
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Wooden Stick!
    KensamaofmariCrimsọn
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    one handed weapons and shields enthusiast(u do realize a spell checker exist and then somebody is gonna say same thing to me)
    for one handed weapons and shields enthusiast the best 1 handed weapon is a fast weapon just look it up in wiki the stats are there and also the image if ur going with looking cool route.

but wooden stick is still the most op weapon out there yes wooden stick any one handed weapons and shields enthusiast dont stand a chance against a newbie with a wooden stick. especially if u get a super rare type of wooden stick with insane speed and massive amounts of damage.
    I saw one being traded for 8 dead bees and dead bees are the currency of the rich, 1 dead bee could range from 10m to 100m gold. The super ultra rare wooden stick was a glitch that was given to some new players that completed a tutorial mission. The wooden stick stats basically increase as a player's total lvl increase brobably until lvl 1000 and it's so rare that they decided to let those few players that received it keep it. This wooden stick is so rare not many knows about it, I know I'm one of those that got it but I'm also one of the stupid ones that sold it to npc for 0 gold and didn't realize what I have until it was discussed on the old forums including the days the glitch happened and the details that make it different from the usual wooden stick. I'm not even sure if people remembers that wooden stick these days

A wooden stick that you get from fishing is probably useless, but there are well upgraded, reforged and enchanted wooden sticks out there, ones that people put some fair amount of work into. But in the end, it's probably something only worth for collectors though.
  • HelsaHelsa

A wooden stick that you get from fishing is probably useless, but there are well upgraded, reforged and enchanted wooden sticks out there, ones that people put some fair amount of work into. But in the end, it's probably something only worth for collectors though.

Repairs are free right now so the fished-up stick is fully usable.
    Helsa wrote: »

But no one is really fishing rn
  • HelsaHelsa

Not my problem.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Not my problem.

Rood.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 15, 2020
    Man, where are these people who will call you guys as "trolls" and "who never did try to help so begone" thing? Smh, why i always get scolded for jokes and this crap went on like it's nothing? Poor OP never got a legit answer lol.
    BronzebreakRadiant DawnCrimsọn
  • VasumatiVasumati
    Greta wrote: »
    Man, where are these people who will call you guys as "trolls" and "who never did try to help so begone" thing? Smh, why i always get scolded for jokes and this crap went on like it's nothing? Poor OP never got a legit answer lol.

Don't acknowledge their existence in any way, shape or form.

There was a cheap demonic fear shield and celtic royal battle axe i picked up yesterday. Even at base lecel, i felt like the royal one was uotperforming my upgraded regular celtic axe. Im excited to get it upgraded.

One thing i didnt think about tho, the CRK can activate some of its set pieces with the divine shield. I probably should've picked that up over the axe so i can get div shield first. No biggie tho
    edited September 16, 2020

WebbedScalyAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif

But I really meant it when I said I saw some pretty decent wooden sticks.
    However, since I usually either dual wield or use two handers, I have nothing more useful to add to this topic.
    If my initial reply caused and disrespect or caused any derailment, then I humbly apologize.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited September 17, 2020

To be fair to the trolls, this post doesn't try to answer the OP question either. Or even THIS one. :S
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    We just suck. :D
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    We just suck. :D

So it is known. According to my brothers, the reputation of the ladies of the mountain state is trumpeted far and wide.
  • Speddy54Speddy54
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    When I goof off and 1h melee elf, I'll default to a Frosted Borealis Hammer and a buckler (which is more for fashion since it's a small shield and that means less DR from having defense loaded).

While I won't be getting any set bonuses, the FBH will have a higher max damage due to having naturally higher max than a CRKS and Blunt mastery (+30). Since it's a normal speed weapon, you can still easily preform double bashes (although I typically default to support -> smash or RI -> Smash). While you get less crit damage on special upgrades than axes, there are no axes with a normal attack speed which means double bashing will be more difficult to preform (but not impossible).

Also it's significantly easier to get a FBH than a CRKS or a Divine Bastard Sword.
    Some players make the simpler weapons the most efficient. I had a friend who did a lot of work with a simple scimitar and kite shield.