Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Zooming In Fully to Become First Person View

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Feedback and Suggestions
Make zooming in go beyond what it does now by becoming a first-person view. Even if combat would be more difficult, it would be fun just to walk around in first-person mode and, at least, try to fight in it. Apparently our avatars make faces when they fight but who notices.

Helsa0151 of Alexina
KensamaofmariCoolcolincMairu

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Why not just make a first person view option possible?
  • CoolcolincCoolcolinc
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I agree that this is a good idea, as it does not effect anyone elses gameplay, perhaps allow first person as a way to modernize mabi, via making VR a possibility, whether that be just vr viewing, while still having controls in keyboard and mouse, or let us go the whole way with vr menus and stuff.
  • HelsaHelsa

That's what I just said. Whether you zoom in fully to engage it or push a labeled button it's the same thing.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »

That's what I just said. Whether you zoom in fully to engage it or push a labeled button it's the same thing.

It's more convenient to press button to first person than zoom, especially for those who do not have sufficient zooming/scrolling capability

It would be really cool to see everything in first person, from other people to combat and environment. We'd be able to appreciate the finer details of everything.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Coolcolinc wrote: »
    I agree that this is a good idea, as it does not effect anyone elses gameplay, perhaps allow first person as a way to modernize mabi, via making VR a possibility, whether that be just vr viewing, while still having controls in keyboard and mouse, or let us go the whole way with vr menus and stuff.

Games generally have to be developed from the bottom-up to work well in VR; I don't suspect it would go past viewing, and even that has rather serious requirements for integration.

I like the idea of first-person overall, but I also feel like it would break a lot of the flow of the game; a lot of design is anchored around our character view being third-person. It would be difficult to see multiple rooms, large area, or character status in FP, for instance.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I'm trying to imagine how combat would look like in first person... I think i might throw up thinking of that.
  • DJsanwitDJsanwit
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    u wu) I think its gonna be hard for Mage or Archer, Because the mid/long range combat is design for lock-on target before fire except they need to make the aiming mode like tower cylinder or unlocked the camera view/ when head turn in the front but the camera can look into another way to "Aim" and lock-on the target so its gonna be hard for movement when it unlock too...

If you play old style first person view before you should understand when the movement didn't sync with the direction the camera faced....or they need to make "the camera will auto reset direction when player release Right mouse button for rotate the view".

But for me ....I play the mage/mid range combat and i think its gonna be hard to get a gasp of situation around me when i can only focus on what happen in front of me instead when i play using bird-eye mode i can see what happen all around me at one...But it probably fun if you play melee but they need to make a lot of stuff to support this first person view mode for example... a compass...enemy that player/ or monster already notice the existence/temporary location that player think it's gonna be to showing on those compass ..., change the mouse control from select target to normal attack/lock on and fire for range attack...and so on....
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited September 16, 2020
    Remember though, the game doesn't have to be as easily playable in first person as long as it is just an option. Obviously, for PvP and really tough bosses folks will opt for second person view. First person view, would be for interests or challenge sake and maybe for role players like gestures are.
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Don't worry, they may continue to scratch this itch more with more running segments like in a certain storyline.

...or they might even crank out some minigames like that. The possibilities are there!
  • HelsaHelsa
    Just curious, has anyone actually used a tower cylinder in battle, since it is a kind of first-person thing; I mean other than switching to it, say, to boost hydra's puff damage?