Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

COMPLETED-Unscheduled Maintenance - September 25th

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited September 25, 2020 in Vault
Mabinogi will have an unscheduled maintenance on Friday, September 25th. During this time, the game will be unavailable. Maintenance is expected to begin at 12:30 PM PDT and last approximately 1 hour.

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- Time -
Friday, September 25th
Pacific (PDT, UTC-7): 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Eastern (EDT, UTC-4): 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Paris (CEST, UTC+2): 9:30 PM - 10:30 PM

To address the following:
  • Restart the Playful Puzzle event due to an issue where some players received extra puzzle pieces.

- The Mabinogi Team

Comments

• ShinjouShinjou
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    edited September 25, 2020
    Extra pieces as in... more than 9? Because... that's the maximum count for today if you take into account the first 7 were likely to help meet the 99 required pieces to complete things in 91 days. I just hope that this reset also gives us the piece that's being lost from yesterday.
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Shinjou wrote: »
    Extra pieces as in... more than 9? Because... that's the maximum count for today if you take into account the first 7 were likely to help meet the 99 required pieces to complete things in 91 days. I just hope that this reset also gives us the piece that's being lost from yesterday.

You get 2 pieces per day during the weekend, but it's still a fairly tight window. Hopefully they'll give us 2 pieces for today and yesterday since for many those pieces will actually matter.
  • ShinjouShinjou
    Pip-Boy wrote: »
    You get 2 pieces per day during the weekend, but it's still a fairly tight window. Hopefully they'll give us 2 pieces for today and yesterday since for many those pieces will actually matter.

Yeah, the weekends are basically "makeup days" it was done that way last time, and allowed early completion with perfect attendance, but take those out and miss a day, then you're screwed. There's basically no safety net as with 99% of events if you miss a few days.
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    RE: Playful Puzzle Event

1. Players will have to re-register a main character at the NPC, A Boy in Need, in Dunbarton
    2. All puzzle pieces have been reset.
    3. Any players that had previously claimed rewards will have those rewards claimed but will still be able to progress once they have the correct amount of puzzle pieces.
  • ShinjouShinjou
    So... we all lost a day's progress. Better than it being a week's progress, I guess.

[Post log-in edit]: I take it back... it was a full reset... we now have 90 days to... get 99 pieces. That doesn't leave much wiggle room at all.
    Pip-BoyRadiant Dawn
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    So I think this may of broken mine. I was the 27th (3rd step) and I didn't claim it yesterday. Now my puzzle UI is stuck saying 'Claim' on the button but I can't claim anything as the "Obtain reward" button is greyed out.

I mean I can wait until I get 27 peices again, but that's a long time to wait to see if this has broken the even more, all because some people started with more. I can't say if that was worth it....
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Sigh...
    Rip.
    WolfsingerHelsa
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    called it, i knew it was too good to be true
  • ShinjouShinjou
    So... were the "first 7 pieces" I mentioned in my first post somehow leftovers from the last puzzle event? If so... then I understand the full wipe, but... we also had enough days last time as if it was 1 piece per day. This time around, we have less days than there are pieces, and we just lost one day, hence my comment about "wiggle room."
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    You people forgot that on weekends we get 2 pieces instead of 1, so we still got like over 2 weeks worth of "wiggle room". Just like last time.
    KatherzMaerLaMicheWolfsinger
  • ShinjouShinjou
    Greta wrote: »
    You people forgot that on weekends we get 2 pieces instead of 1, so we still got like over 2 weeks worth of "wiggle room". Just like last time.

A maximum of 9 pieces a week with at least 11 weeks required to hit 99 pieces, event is 13 weeks long... so yeah, math checks out. I was just freaking out a bit by using 4 weeks per month for my quick estimate on top of the event not being as long as there were pieces needed like last time.

As for everyone else... try not to miss weekend days.
  • MaerLaMicheMaerLaMiche
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    Are y'all really complaining over 1 puzzle piece that can't be reclaimed because a bunch of people started off with like a third or fourth of the puzzle already completed? Come on.