Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alchemy Utility and reworks

HakumaruHakumaru
Mabinogi Rep: 425
edited October 3, 2020 in General Chat
I saw a alchemy rework post already but I want to offer my own suggestions. First I think flame burst needs some changes dealing with AoE. I hate having things knocked out of my flame burst but of course I understand nobody feels like waiting all the time for my flames to hit. I think You should allow some movement with flame burst. You could have a cone to show the range of your flame also being able to move your character. Next I believe golems really need to be buffed. Nowadays anyone who summons a golem can easily out tank it. Its only for you to put shock on but honestly you could really put shock on anything you can use shield of trust on which would be more practical because golems crumble easily. Golems need more hp new skills and variety. A Sulphur golem should actually do damage over time, or maybe have one that when it dies it explodes doing some AoE damage. Also on the subject of golems I think its about time we had more skills that can emphasize wind and earth alchemist. It seems like the most viable ways of doing alchemy are either flame or water with a hydra in the middle. I'd love to see new skills in those areas that can be useful. Maybe in addition to the golem idea add a reforge effect or some possible way to summon two golems. Anyways I'd just like to see Alchemy in a really good spot. I do enjoy setting up my hydra flame burst and shock in a room because with other AoE skills it feels like I'm really using only one good skill kunai storm, Shooting rush, chain sweep etc where alchemy really synergizes. I also think since alchemy is a very Ap costly talent that the changes that I'm suggesting could be added passively to skills already trained unless its a drastic new thing. One last suggestion is I think shock should do more damage to enemies doused in water cannon or under rain and have a chain bonus per enemy shocked.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Their solution was release abysmally hard to get more powerful weapons.
    Goldtiger01
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited October 3, 2020
    Hakumaru wrote: »
    I saw a alchemy rework post already but I want to offer my own suggestions. First I think flame burst needs some changes dealing with AoE. I hate having things knocked out of my flame burst but of course I understand nobody feels like waiting all the time for my flames to hit. I think You should allow some movement with flame burst. You could have a cone to show the range of your flame also being able to move your character. Next I believe golems really need to be buffed. Nowadays anyone who summons a golem can easily out tank it. Its only for you to put shock on but honestly you could really put shock on anything you can use shield of trust on which would be more practical because golems crumble easily. Golems need more hp new skills and variety. A Sulphur golem should actually do damage over time, or maybe have one that when it dies it explodes doing some AoE damage. Also on the subject of golems I think its about time we had more skills that can emphasize wind and earth alchemist. It seems like the most viable ways of doing alchemy are either flame or water with a hydra in the middle. I'd love to see new skills in those areas that can be useful. Maybe in addition to the golem idea add a reforge effect or some possible way to summon two golems. Anyways I'd just like to see Alchemy in a really good spot. I do enjoy setting up my hydra flame burst and shock in a room because with other AoE skills it feels like I'm really using only one good skill kunai storm, Shooting rush, chain sweep etc where alchemy really synergizes. I also think since alchemy is a very Ap costly talent that the changes that I'm suggesting could be added passively to skills already trained unless its a drastic new thing. One last suggestion is I think shock should do more damage to enemies doused in water cannon or under rain and have a chain bonus per enemy shocked.

Make Revenant/Perseus Cylinders, Erg it to 50, enchant your entire gear with alchemy boosts and obtain nice reforges.
    When you do, come back and re-read your post. You'll laugh at yourself.

As for enemies getting knocked out of flame burst: Gather the enemies up first, then pet spam pets with effects that hold them in place (e.g. Sheeptuplet, Ice Dragon, Lil' Jack, etc).

To everything else: Square peg, round hole.
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited October 12, 2020
    Make Revenant/Perseus Cylinders, Erg it to 50, enchant your entire gear with alchemy boosts and obtain nice reforges.

It's unfortunate that you have to have the literal best possible things to be able to make some use out of a skillset. IMO, this is bad design. Like, alchemy is powerful when you have the best possible things, but it's pretty weak outside of that. And also, most of its utility is negated in more recent content like the Tech Duinn missions... so what's your point?
    BronzebreakVasumatiHakumaruCrimsọnAltai
  • HakumaruHakumaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 425

As for enemies getting knocked out of flame burst: Gather the enemies up first, then pet spam pets with effects that hold them in place (e.g. Sheeptuplet, Ice Dragon, Lil' Jack, etc).

To everything else: Square peg, round hole.

This wasn't really insightful. Also pet spam to crowd control is a really dumb thing in this game. I'm talking about utilities for all levels.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited October 4, 2020

It's unfortunate that you have to have the literal best possible things to be able to make some use out of a skillset. IMO, this is bad design. Like, alchemy is powerful when you have the best possible things, but it's pretty weak outside of that. And also, most of its utility is negated in more recent content like the Tech Duinn missions... so what's your point?

My point? I made it a while ago.
    This isn't a sandbox game where everything has equal viability in everything. I'm not going to repeat that point again.
    You can read the depth of it here, it's the response to the user named "Soll:"
    https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23751/rework-base-damage-on-skills-magic-alchemy-etc

If you want me to agree with you that alchemy is bad without those weapons, I already did.
    What else do you want me to do? I already told you to stop torturing yourselves over this.
    If you're not wanting to put in the effort to obtain what's needed to make your dream come true, I don't know what else to say to you.
    Either do what you gotta do or shout forever into the void. Square peg, round hole.

This is like watching people with Windows 98 computers complain that they can't run 2020 games on it and refusing to just buy a better computer or upgrade what they have to accommodate their desires, because it's somehow more reasonable to demand the gaming companies just make more Win 98-compatible games in 2020 or the computer hardware designers to just remake Windows 98 to work better like the 2020 models. Just upgrade your hardware, grandma... I love you. But, this is ridiculous.

By the way, your point about Tech Duinn reflects that you don't actually run Tech Duinn missions that often.
    Alchemy utility is extremely useful in Awakened Abyssal Lord. It's almost mandatory.
    No offense, but I highly suggest doing content more often before making claims like these.
    This wasn't really insightful. Also pet spam to crowd control is a really dumb thing in this game. I'm talking about utilities for all levels.

Again, I don't know what you want me to say. I'm not going to just agree with you when solutions exist to your problem. If you don't want to use pets to control the position, that's on you. If you don't want to pursue high-powered, high-investment gear, that's on you. I'm not going to argue with opinions; whether you find it insightful or not is not why I'm here. Someone has a problem. I presented solutions. Don't like them? I'm sorry. I can't give you an "insightful" response when the topic itself is just someone complaining about something they don't like and is also unwilling to use tools to improve their circumstance. I'm done with this topic, now. Good luck.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    bring back the old crystals.... using the combination of the 4 regular crystals is fine, but I miss MAKING the old ones :) i mean really? alchemy is kinda making stuff and you just remove half of it without any care? oh well, my wish will never come true....
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    MAKE ICE-MINES GREAT AGAIN!!! (I used to invest a great deal into making them because they could be used so strategically before)
    bring back the old crystals.... using the combination of the 4 regular crystals is fine, but I miss MAKING the old ones :) i mean really? alchemy is kinda making stuff and you just remove half of it without any care? oh well, my wish will never come true....
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Make intermediate crystals scale with health/mana/stam and reduce the load time based on Mana crystallization. They don't need to be strong as regular magic but having the option to throw them out to help clear mobs is nice. They're not likely to damage creep machine gun water cannons unless Nexon do something crazy with them.
  • SyriniaSyrinia
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    edited February 6, 2021
    honestly i love everything ewith alchemy EXCEPT the golem ai is absolutly horrible :D
    now that they have done the pet "gambit" style creation maybe they can just give us one for the golem also that we can tweak as we see fit ....i mean im not talking about some super deep customizable system but something simple like AI on the golem actually follows a stack of commands that makes sence
    not just stand there and look dumb heh i mean it is a rock but cant it be a smart rock ?
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    nice nerco