Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Halloween Rock Paper Scissors Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited October 13, 2020 in Vault
The crystal ball sees all and knows that the Rock Paper Scissors event has returned! This is a special version, where the more you lose, the more you win! Choose incorrectly and you can earn some great prizes including your pick from select pets and chairs! Check out the details on the webpost!

Event Dates: Thursday, October 15th, After Maintenance - Thursday, October 29th, Before Maintenance

00Ikj-4b5318dc-5d4f-420c-be75-d4f85cff4d7d.jpg

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited October 13, 2020
    QSId7YL.png
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerComplianceSarah_PurrkeHelsa
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    this is kind of disappointing, the pet looks cute but it is the only new reward from the Halloween Rock, Paper, Scissors gift box. all the other rewards are recycled from old events. I prefer the Halloween events with short stories playing like crazy for the rewards. The Beautiful Lights for the Night Event is something that would have been better to release in mid November.

even repeating The Tale of the Scariest Little Ghost event would have been better then this. a good short story Halloween event would have been nice to help forget this awful year. hopefully our Halloween event will be better next year.
    MusicatWolfsingerSarah_PurrkeShakaya
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Interesting to note that this event actually ends the Thursday BEFORE Halloween; event 2 electric boogaloo? :big thonks:
    Shakaya
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Interesting to note that this event actually ends the Thursday BEFORE Halloween; event 2 electric boogaloo? :big thonks:

it is possible we may get some sort of part 2 Halloween event right before Halloween as Nexon has tricked us before with unexpected surprises. hopefully there is something else a little bigger planned for Halloween but all we can do is wait and see.
  • ricefarmerliricefarmerli
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
    edited October 14, 2020
    So basically, winning the rock, paper, scissors game a set amount of times gives you titles while losing gives you titles, buffs and the "main prize" (the items). What's the incentive for players to win then? Everyone is just going to do their best to lose or use their alts for guaranteed losses.

Edit: I'm not here to bash the event. I'm genuinely curious as to what will happen.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    So basically, winning the rock, paper, scissors game a set amount of times gives you titles while losing gives you titles, buffs and the "main prize" (the items). What's the incentive for players to win then? Everyone is just going to do their best to lose or use their alts for guaranteed losses.

Edit: I'm not here to bash the event. I'm genuinely curious as to what will happen.

Everyone will use their alts to get this BORING event done and over with if they bother to participate.
    Helsa
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Everyone will use their alts to get this BORING event done and over with if they bother to participate.

especially on Alexina server, the last time there was a rock, paper, scissors event it was nearly impossible to find active players that wanted to play it. here is what Nexon KR is getting this year: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4888475 which looks way better then our crappy Halloween event this year. we will either get this next year or maybe things are just moving a little slow cause of covid-19 and Nexon could be playing a prank on us and might release this better event on the 27th.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 14, 2020
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »

especially on Alexina server, the last time there was a rock, paper, scissors event it was nearly impossible to find active players that wanted to play it. here is what Nexon KR is getting this year: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4888475 which looks way better then our crappy Halloween event this year. we will either get this next year or maybe things are just moving a little slow cause of covid-19 and Nexon could be playing a prank on us and might release this better event on the 27th.

:|

They are making capes FREE this year: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2020/1015_samhain/index.asp#Main

Sigh...I am so bleeping disappointed. Their event looks so much cooler.
    Helsa
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    The devs have to translate the event before releasing it here so there's a chance we'll be getting it later. Rock Paper Scissors is indeed lame but I'm not too broken up about it.
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited October 21, 2020
    The button link in Nexon Launcher sends us the wrong way.
    One does not simply lose in Rock-Paper-Scissors. The chances of losing intentionally are just as vague as those of winning intentionally. The point is, if you fail to lose many times, you still can get some title for winning many times. The Meow finds that acceptable.
    Negumiko wrote: »
    It's Meow's birthday, so they practically ought to.

As for the event, The Meow thinks it's normal to cycle seasonal event rewards as long as you provide at least a couple of new ones. That's the problem with the players, who aim at getting everything ASAP. They're not to be blamed for that, but letting some rewards go if you think they may be re-cycled might make events a bit more interesting. The idea of trying to lose in Rock-Paper-Scissors is new to this one, so he thinks he might enjoy it. That's a pity, though, that it's not a touching story like with Moonlit Room, Brielle and her marionette. Such a distraction from this year's disappointments could raise players' morale to a viable level.
    WolfsingerBronzebreak
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    the event is super glitchy. i was trying it on my giant and was playing against a human and we both kept glitching. he kept getting stuck in the sitting animation after a match and he had to relog.

on top of that. if you both have only 1 card left and there both the same. you both will be stuck in a loop of always choosing the same card. only way to stop it is to let time run out and then relog (cus you get stuck in sitting animation)
    BronzebreakPip-Boy
  • ComplianceCompliance
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    This event is way too confusing. Who thought this was a good idea???
    Also....5 hours per day to get max plays? Seriously?.... Some people have lives.
    Events should not be confusing chores...right??
    CrimsọnRadiant DawnBronzebreak
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 15, 2020
    We're not getting KR's event until next year. Were always a few months to a whole year behind them.
    Helsa
  • VegaVega
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    So is the gift box like a one-time deal or can we lose another 200 games and get another gift box?
    Musicat
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    While this isn't my favorite event to have recycled, I do enjoy this and I'm happy that we're getting Halloween content before the last week of October this year!

I also really love they brought back the Halloween decorations in the town squares. They skipped out on that for a few years. I'm glad to see it again!

I'm hoping maybe later this month they might finally give us Cursed Labyrinth again. I really miss Belisha! They gave that to us like 4 years in a row and then never again. I guess it's a little outdated with all the Saga characters in costumes, but they could easily make it so the character you spawn as is a costumed Divine Knight instead or someone from the newest chapter. The rest of the event could stay the same.
    Pip-Boy
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited October 28, 2020
    Definitely confusing since they stated:

After losing 200 matches (200 wins in the Match book), you'll receive a Halloween Rock, Paper, Scissors gift box! You can choose ONLY one of the items below from the box.

Does this mean winning 200 matches nets this as well? Possible double box? :O

Ah nvm figured it out...200 wins lol