Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Join the Soul Streamers!

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Plus, what Helsa pointed out also heavily affected my perspective. I'm instead making the effort to try to reason with them through this instead of outright rejecting the offer, not that I think Helsa walking away is a bad move in the first place.

Oh you. I can never stay mad at you; kissies ;)

Can anyone answer why having our work, and a sizable chunk of our privacy, owned by Nexon saves the game while if it doesn't, it doesn't? I mean I found MabiBobo's channel on YouTube all by myself, and I'm only just on the happy-side of five feet tall and everything. This is an online computer game; doesn't that presuppose that the players of it have some ability to find resources of their own accord?

If the game need's saving then maybe Nexon should advertise or something.

Like what kind of advertising are you thinking of?

I see ads for other games but I have yet to see any for any Nexon game. Maybe they should cast a wider net; other companies do. Mabinogi is what? Twenty years old now? And there are still many folks that don't even know it exists. If you want more details, consult Nexon's marketing department; it is literally their job. If they are bankrupt of ideas then Nexon should consider rotating the staff in that department.
    Bronzebreak
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Plus, what Helsa pointed out also heavily affected my perspective. I'm instead making the effort to try to reason with them through this instead of outright rejecting the offer, not that I think Helsa walking away is a bad move in the first place.

Can anyone answer why having our work, and a sizable chunk of our privacy, owned by Nexon saves the game while if it doesn't, it doesn't? I mean I found MabiBobo's channel on YouTube all by myself, and I'm only just on the happy-side of five feet tall and everything. This is an online computer game; doesn't that presuppose that the players of it have some ability to find resources of their own accord?

I see ads for other games but I have yet to see any for any Nexon game. Maybe they should cast a wider net; other companies do. Mabinogi is what? Twenty years old now? And there are still many folks that don't even know it exists. If you want more details, consult Nexon's marketing department; it is literally their job. If they are bankrupt of ideas then Nexon should consider rotating the staff in that department.

Nexon does produce a fair amount of ads for its games, but they show up on specific platforms and for specific preferences.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited October 18, 2020

Ferghus dresses in drag and do the hula?

See people think that I am solely responsible for derailing threads. :D
    WolfsingerHelsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited October 16, 2020
    ... I am solely responsible for derailing ...
    Before
    Crimson.png
    After
    22690083_web1_200914-MCR-train-derailed-Hope-1_2.jpg
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 16, 2020
    Before
    Crimson.png
    After

Seriously...we're the laughing stock of the forums.

We bring laughter?

You and Ken are bad influences!!! :D
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Before
    Crimson.png
    After

We bring laughter?

Did you notice the colour of the engine in the first image and the colour of the powder spilled in the second?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 18, 2020
    Before
    Crimson.png
    After

We bring laughter?

Did you notice the colour of the engine in the first image and the colour of the powder spilled in the second?

Is this another red hat joke of yours?
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Before
    Crimson.png
    After

We bring laughter?

o.O uh what's your forum name again?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 18, 2020
    Before
    Crimson.png
    After

We bring laughter?

Helsa...
    Smdhlol.
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Before
    Crimson.png
    After

We bring laughter?

Helsa...
    Smdhlol.

Ah, fugitaboutit Crimsy. You're home-schooled; I get it. :)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    9dnGeIh.png
    Helsa
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    d35.jpg
  • HelsaHelsa
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    d35.jpg

Kinda late-to-the-party there Wolfie; I might have to start calling you Ken. :)
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Kinda late-to-the-party there Wolfie; I might have to start calling you Ken. :)

Nah I'm here for the after-party :D

Besides, after reading through all that, there didn't seem much more to do then give it an 'aftermath' image XD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I've honestly been trying to stay out of trouble. But I'm always sucked right back in. :D
    WolfsingerKensamaofmariHelsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    I've honestly been trying to stay out of trouble. But I'm always sucked right back in. :D

Meh, what does it matter. All the points germane to this topic have been said already. In other words madam: go to town! :)
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    You going to make me turn out to be some sort of so-called antagonist by making claims/statements that I deem to be inaccurate and thus am compelled to respond with being a «fact-checking authoritative source» (although, unlike those guys, I didn't appoint myself as a «gate-keeper») of accurate information.

Anyway, nope, not everything that is related or that can be discussed has necessarily been covered yet.

Who-ever wrote up the rules, details, requirements, policies, etc., whether consciously, unconsciously, intentionally, unintentionally or not or otherwise, obviously chose to play some puns with the wording. Soul-Streamer, because the lore of the Generational Story-Lines revolve around what happens in/with something called a Soul-Stream, and, thus, when promoting a Stream, you could call that being a Streamer (Pun Exposed ! [but of course we all know that there could not possibly be any sort of «conspiracy» to use «subliminal-messages» to get «puns» into your subconscious or anything ;o]).
    Spoiler-Content : Image of a Stream (North-Pole River-Waters)
    1920px-1986_North_Pole_Stream.jpg

Ownership by Nexon, Intellectual-Property of Nexon, etc. CLEARLY... this is yet another «inside-joke» that is now exposed as being related to the «NexOwned» meme, literally giving it a rather humorous definition, kind of re-defining it in a punny way. I am of course only «exposing» this «conspiracy™» in yet another manner of yet another «inside joke» of course (may as well throw in a slogan : Make these forums active & great again !). Anyway, this is not necessarily a bad thing, provided that it is done in a responsible manner, but, I must say, I find it quite obvious that some of the things I have mentioned in the past about law, contract, jurisdiction, and other manners of legalese, seem to have influenced the wording of who-ever wrote up the Policy (although they might want to inform their «Legal-Department/Policy-Maker» to try & word things that wouldn't be construed as Adhesion-Contracts).

Another «subtle change» that many people may have not noticed is that, unlike the rules of past events, you must simply not have any «ToS violations on record» in contrast to «never had a banned account» for participation, and as «records of offenses» can (and have) been removed in the records of the «court-system(s)» for various reasons, this implicitly implies that removing «violations» from-the-record may be possible. People are generally supposed to get wiser as they become older after all (a «maturity» process). In the theoretical-practice of Law, so-called «first-time offenders» are often told that they will or are at least supposed to be given «more leniency» due to originally having had a prior «clean record» (not that I regard the «legalese-system» itself to have any legitimacy and the «government-issued identification-cards» that they seem to want are what I deem to be what the ancients called a Mark-of-the-Beast).

Anyway, with that said, due to the use of «Legalese» within their/these contracts/policies, etc., within «Legalese-Court» setting, NEXON would actually be locating itself and its participants within the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. Oh, my, you people have no idea, but I'll throw in some bones (see spoiler).
    «the term “individual” means a citizen of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence;»
    -Quoted from https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/552a

«The United States is located in the District of Columbia.» Quoted from UCC 9-307(h) - https://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/9/9-307

«(h) Location of United States. The United States is located in the District of Columbia.» -Quoted from RCW 62A.9A-307 - https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=62A.9A-307

«The United States is located in the District of Columbia.» -Quoted from ORS 79.0307 - https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/79.0307

«The United States is located in the District of Columbia.» -Quoted from Montana Code Annotated 2019 30-9A-307(8) - https://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/title_0300/chapter_009A/part_0030/section_0070/0300-009A-0030-0070.html

«The United States is located in the District of Columbia.» -Quoted from MD Comm L Code § 9-307(h) - https://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2013/article-gcl/section-9-307/

The «U.S. Citizen» status may be deemed as a «prestige» to the unknowing public, but, when it comes to a court-room setting, a «U.S. Citizen» actually has NO rights, what-so-ever, and if a «U.S. Citizen» even dared to utter the word «Constitution» ...particularly post-adjudication phase, he will be «held in contempt-of-court» (Constitutional reservations-of-rights can only be done/made prior to to adjudication-phases, but, most people don not know anything about so-called «Law» nor Legalese, nor what their «Rights» are; and even if someone knew what «Rights» they had, even those people still have no idea how to even exercise their rights).

Considering that much of Nexon NA «legal-activities» have been historically based in the STATE OF CALIFORNIA... this is relevant...
    zuNPQlz.png
    I omitted the rest of it because learning how to exercise one's rights is their own responsibility, and also since it was worded for a different business/company/corporation/etc., but it still applies to any and all business which operate or do/perform commerce using any form of FRN (Federal-Reserve Note) via the domain of the STATE OF CALIFORNIA (all of which is of course located in the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA).

The only other «relevant» thing I have in mind to add at this time is that, like all other corporations, Nexon is also a «compartmentalised» system, and so/thus what happens with one group of employees may not necessarily be known or shared with another group of employees. Anything else I might feel like saying at the moment contains things related or to do with the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA being under the Jurisdiction & Authority of the Vatican which is too much of a Tangent and stops becoming relevant to this/these thread/posts so I will stop at this for now.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I'm gonna guess, GPT-3?
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Not sure about those who are not of California residency.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Not sure about those who are not of California residency.

Does not apply. Hue.
    Helsa