Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Beautiful Lights for the Night Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited October 13, 2020 in Vault
The Master Lantern Maker can only have one successor and his Students need your help! Collect Firefly Light so they can create an extra special lantern to impress their Master. And don't forget to enjoy the Fireflies and Night Petals throughout Tir Chonaill! Check out the details on the webpost!

Event Dates: Thursday, October 15th, After Maintenance - Thursday, November 12th, Before Maintenance

201008_octoberupdate_socials_header_590x165.png

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Are the homestead tables for homesteads?
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited October 15, 2020
    "It can only be used between 8:00 PM and 4:00 AM Erinn timie."
    Erinn timie 0v0 Erinn Timies are known to be small, cute and sensitive species that come from larger and more rigid Erinn Times.
    (A small typo detected in the event's description.)
    KatherzSarah_PurrkeCookens
  • MusicatMusicat
    The Meow likes the announcement. He hopes that the event will be peaceful and beautiful.
    Wolfsinger
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    just a heads up. you need to help the students in order from 1st to 4rth. i helped the 2nd student 1st and it didn't count for the masters quest.
    Compliance
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    3rdy wrote: »
    just a heads up. you need to help the students in order from 1st to 4rth. i helped the 2nd student 1st and it didn't count for the masters quest.

the event clearly says page:
    de6yx20-a226b51b-4db8-4341-aff3-bbb0423375bc.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTZ5eDIwLWEyMjZiNTFiLTRkYjgtNDM0MS1hZmYzLWJiYjA0MjMzNzViYy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.kZR8MWlFjxUOpOicTMFZzgcCQKxyMLfzhsbSP_9qXTM

this means you are not going to get a count on helping one of the 4 students on the main quest until you help that student 5 times. you can also see all 4 students on the quest list if you scroll down on it:
    de6yxyd-41b16674-d5a8-4720-99d2-7321e42abcfb.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTZ5eHlkLTQxYjE2Njc0LWQ1YTgtNDcyMC05OWQyLTczMjFlNDJhYmNmYi5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.AZWh_DQ2RlVbvHDqkgd1P1XmYzM8LjQ9z_4xXQZJeAw
    de6yxve-9ba48073-8901-4ae9-8d6f-25be34920e9e.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTZ5eHZlLTliYTQ4MDczLTg5MDEtNGFlOS04ZDZmLTI1YmUzNDkyMGU5ZS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.D5gDBYsbSKHASEgXpg7c7ssFbQqbwfjnHwxjh0MJTr4
    de6yxw9-5918752a-e5bc-4e29-ab91-81937209acba.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTZ5eHc5LTU5MTg3NTJhLWU1YmMtNGUyOS1hYjkxLTgxOTM3MjA5YWNiYS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.z3BAr8fnf3a8wo95IpYv8v7jruGHO_KDhMJozmidgsk
    de6yxx8-37c79708-a450-4b75-85cd-f1b42c204295.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTZ5eHg4LTM3Yzc5NzA4LWE0NTAtNGI3NS04NWNkLWYxYjQyYzIwNDI5NS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.ALHDDY2_932F-6M11IPhutbUF5hyq40D5UghF_xsTCQ

so there is no proof the order matters at all and the event page says nothing about helping them in any order either. once you have helped one of the students a total of 5 times they should be checked off on the list.
    Pip-BoySarah_Purrke
  • ComplianceCompliance
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    They really should clarify that 5 times each in-game too.
    Pip-BoySarah_PurrkeCookens
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    The homestead items are nice, but it's too bad there aren't any trees that match the leaves. The closest would be the snowfield trees that are bare giving the impression of fallen leaves.
    MusicatWolfsinger
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    So, helping the students do have to be in order or not? I started at student 2 and don't see where I could give that quest up to redo it, starting with student 1.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited October 21, 2020
    orcabluewa wrote: »
    So, helping the students do have to be in order or not? I started at student 2 and don't see where I could give that quest up to redo it, starting with student 1.
    The Meow is not sure if it helps, but the quest The Lantern Maker's Successor clearly says "Help the [exact] Student make a lantern." as its each non-final step. So it definitely won't be checked out until you help that student five times.
  • Sarah_PurrkeSarah_Purrke
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010

I'm fairly certain you don't have to do it in order, but you have to do that student 5 times I don't understand why the quest doesn't specify that.
    Wolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

I'm fairly certain you don't have to do it in order, but you have to do that student 5 times I don't understand why the quest doesn't specify that.

I wish it did. I was so confused the first day after I helped the student and nothing happened XD
    Pieced it together after a few minutes, considering nexon event history, but yeah.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Musicat wrote: »
    The Meow is not sure if it helps, but the quest The Lantern Maker's Successor clearly says "Help the [exact] Student make a lantern." as its each non-final step. So it definitely won't be checked out until you help the first student five times.

you do not have to help the students in order. all you need to do is help each student 5 times and they will be checked off the list. since the event has more then enough extra days I tested it helping the second student first with today being the 5th day of the event. as shown in the image below the second student has been checked off the list before the first student:
    de764wc-79bc0d75-9784-464d-b842-9879725304f0.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTc2NHdjLTc5YmMwZDc1LTk3ODQtNDY0ZC1iODQyLTk4Nzk3MjUzMDRmMC5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.0m0sxfUP1QNJT19NydWhShS9YLeN7F7BmvXUwkXcM_0
    KensamaofmariCookensRadiant Dawn
  • mysterysodamysterysoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 795
    Hi, I've been having problems with the event and I'm wondering if others have the same issue.
    I finished the 3rd student's quest 5 times and got her lantern, but the next (real-life) day I was unable to talk to any other student to help them make lanterns. The other three say that I'm still helping another student. When I talk to the 3rd student she only responds with "thanks for helping me". Really sux because I'm not sure how else to proceed to get the firefly coins.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Hi, I've been having problems with the event and I'm wondering if others have the same issue.
    I finished the 3rd student's quest 5 times and got her lantern, but the next (real-life) day I was unable to talk to any other student to help them make lanterns. The other three say that I'm still helping another student. When I talk to the 3rd student she only responds with "thanks for helping me". Really sux because I'm not sure how else to proceed to get the firefly coins.

did you do the quest before 00:00am or after? cus that might still count as doing it that day even after reset.
  • mysterysodamysterysoda
    edited October 20, 2020

did you do the quest before 00:00am or after? cus that might still count as doing it that day even after reset.

Yesterday I completed the quest in the afternoon or evening. I tried starting the quest today at 11:00am EST, and I believe it resets at 7:00am PST. I also received the Crystalumen potions for the day which I think would suggest that the timer reset.
  • 3rdy3rdy

Yesterday I completed the quest in the afternoon or evening. I tried starting the quest today at 11:00am EST, and I believe it resets at 7:00am PST. I also received the Crystalumen potions for the day which I think would suggest that the timer reset.

if your getting the pots i think that means you are helping another student. dont know what the other students want you to do but the 2nd student wants u to use 5 pots at 8pm-4am. he sends you a empty pot every 10 mins (untill you have 5)
  • mysterysodamysterysoda
    edited October 20, 2020

if your getting the pots i think that means you are helping another student. dont know what the other students want you to do but the 2nd student wants u to use 5 pots at 8pm-4am. he sends you a empty pot every 10 mins (untill you have 5)

I believe you automatically receive potions regardless if you are helping a student or not, as long as you registered for the event with the master. All students want you to use the 5 potions.
    I also made sure to talk to all the students and the master again, but as I said all 3 other students said I was busy helping someone already. However, I already helped that student and even have the lantern they gave me.

EDIT:
    I was able to start helping one of the students after trying in the afternoon. Not sure why it didn't work earlier!
  • MusicatMusicat
    Negumiko wrote: »
    you do not have to help the students in order.
    Right. The Meow had chosen the wrong formulation for the idea, but he edited it after.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited October 21, 2020
    I believe you automatically receive potions regardless if you are helping a student or not, as long as you registered for the event with the master.
    Nyet. The Meow doesn't receive any bottles unless he speaks to a student first. And the last bottle is being given with a 1-3-minute delay for reasons unknown (11-13 minutes after the 4th one).
    I was able to start helping one of the students after trying in the afternoon. Not sure why it didn't work earlier!
    The Meow could guess that someone saw your post and fixed the glitch discreetly. Because they so-o-o like doing that!
    mysterysoda
  • VegaVega
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    Is it really necessary to make us talk to the students every day on how to use the potion? I mean, after a few times, isn't that a bit redundant?