Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is the pet talent worth coming back for?

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
in General Chat
I'm still in semi-hiatus and wondering if the Pet talent content worth the come back for those who's tinkered with it long enough? On surface lvl it doesn't seem like much of a game changer, but I'm curios to know how peeps been experimenting?

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited October 25, 2020
    if you still need to do engineering and magic craft, they are in that talent.... so with 2x from talent and lv 200 bonus, it should be easier to train them... if thats something you care about also more will and luck... also, making your pets a lot stronger is nice, if you decide to do work on other characters your pets will help carry them
    Bronzebreak
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    It's mostly a QoL update. You can fuse your pet to last 23hours per day, give each of your pets up to 3 different inventories and have up to 5 other pets' summoning attack on hand as friend summons without de-sommoning your current pet. Essentially you can now have a main pet and keep it summoned all the time.
    Unlocking everything is a grind especially with now as there are no events to funnel players into the dungeons where you're able to find materials.
    Bronzebreak
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited October 26, 2020
    If you want more stat boosts from Divine link, you'll do it.
    If you want the ability to summon other pets while linked, you'll do it.
    If you want to make your pet more useful with some perks, you'll do it.
    If you want more stats in will and luck, you'll do it.
    If you want more resource conservation when crafting Magic Craft, Hillwen items, you'll do it.
    Basically: If you do content at all, you'll do it. If not, no problem and have a nice day. See you in five more years.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited October 26, 2020
    The pet perks no longer require ABSOLUTELY ESOTERIC requirements before they activate and there's six of them now. They just activate by hitting things. You can just make your pet hit something one hundred times or wait a real-life minute to get 10/100 charge(or wait 10 minutes total to fully charge it) to activate it and there's no activation cooldown afterwards meaning you can spam it.

My favorite is wings of haste. It lets me go faster than lag itself( +100% speed) for FIVE MINUTES STRAIGHT! Pair rank 1 wings of haste with a fairy-type pet and you'll go so fast that you can beat cloud-type pets from the ground without having to fly.

I've sacrificed a handful of other pets(this deletes them) to make my main pet stronger and it can stay summoned for about 12 real-life hours and 10 minutes. That pet now also has an 8x10 inventory and two 6x10 bags(from sacrificed pets that had those inventory sizes). Also, pets strengthened like this no longer cause knockdown, meaning they can permanently stunlock enemies now.

But besides that, the pet trainer talent itself doesn't really seem to do much on its own. It just lets you basically feed your pets more intimately
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Come back to us Rhey. :)
    Radiant DawnKensamaofmari
  • MierinMierin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    The dungeons are already dead content, so good luck with that.
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Mierin wrote: »
    The dungeons are already dead content, so good luck with that.

You can get everything but Potent Violet, Potent Borage extracts and Fynni Beads outside of the dungeon. Still worth going through the trouble to power up your favorite pet.
  • MjhulseyMjhulsey
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    I have a Question. If i use Fynn Sync on lets say the saga Perseus and i use a FYNNI pet dos it stii get the time limit or does that only come from actualy pets and therefore neem me to use rl money to inc their time?