Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Re: Comment Duplication on Forums

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited November 12, 2020 in Vault
Just a quick update on the current forums issue, the team was informed, there is a bug that was written up (thanks Kaalia!), and is currently in progress. For now, we think the issue may have to do with the preview function. Please let me know if you guys are still getting double posts without using the preview function. Additionally, if you guys could provide any more information on the issue, that would be great too!
KensamaofmariWolfsinger

Comments

• StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    For sure still having issues, not using preview function at all, the longer it takes to type a reply, the more duplicate posts are made on the thread
    CrimsọnLeinei
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    For sure still having issues, not using preview function at all, the longer it takes to type a reply, the more duplicate posts are made on the thread
    CrimsọnLeinei
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    it seems like every time the site goes to save the draft of your reply, it auto-posts the draft instead of just making a back up, so most duplicates seem like unfinished typing, with each reply f
    CrimsọnLeinei
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    it seems like every time the site goes to save the draft of your reply, it auto-posts the draft instead of just making a back up, so most duplicates seem like unfinished typing, with each reply adding more and more to the comment
    CrimsọnLeinei
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    and even worse, the person posting cannot view the duplicates until they refresh the thread, and then go back to edit them out (or not)
    CrimsọnLeinei
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    At first I thought it was drafts too. But I've had some posts that were duplicated before drafts were saved so...
    Crimsọn
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    @Kensamaofmari I watched the Post Comment button as I typed a reply earlier, an
    KensamaofmariCrimsọn
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    @Kensamaofmari I watched the Post Comment button as I typed a reply earlier, and it lit up yellow as if being clicked while I was typing instead of a draft being saved
    KensamaofmariCrimsọn
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    I think I can confirm the preview option, I used it earlier and the forums went mad XD
    KensamaofmariCrimsọn
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Thanks for the additional info!
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited November 12, 2020
    It is both the auto-save feature and preview causing the problem.

I just got off a half-hour spamming lock because I tried pumping the preview button. So preview is causing multiple posts.

I have had duplicate posts without ever using preview. The longer you take with a post the more duplicates you get. So that means auto-save.

I suspect that both these features use some shared code, maybe a function/procedure/remote block that they are calling and that the problem lies there.

EDIT: I typed this post up initially in notepad then quickly pasted it and posted it; no copies. For a test I have engaged the edit feature and I am taking my time with writing this edit. For an initial post, this time taken would allow the auto-save to do it's job. I note that when editing after-the-fact, there is no preview button. I'm curious to see if after-the-fact editing might cause the duplication problem to occur. Well, I think that's been long enough; let's see the results.

EDIT 2: @Katherz the issue does NOT occur during after-the-fact editing.

EDIT 3: Nor does it seem to occur with the private message system either.
    KensamaofmariCrimsọn
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I never use the preview option though. it appears to happen everytime the forums autosaves a draft. the only temporary fix I have found is open notepad and just type your comment there and copy and paste it into the comment box and post it before it autosaves.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Editing deffinitely triggers it.
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerHelsa
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    edited November 12, 2020
    @Crimson i've never had a duplicate post while editing a comment after the fact.....in fact i've used that method to save the duplicating....using it as a work around
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Editing deffinitely triggers it.

what-chew-talkin-bout-willis.jpg
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Nah it's definitely the auto-save - which honestly we don't really need
    Helsa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 14, 2020
    Nah it's definitely the auto-save - which honestly we don't really need because if your browser is crashing or doing something stupid then it's something on YOUR own end that you need to fix on your computer.

Disable the auto-save feature.
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Nah it's definitely the auto-save - which honestly we don't really need because if your browser is crashing or doing something stupid then it's something on YOUR own end that you need to fix on your computer.

I suggested that very thing to Katherz days ago but they told me they have no control over that
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa

I suggested that very thing to Katherz days ago but they told me they have no control over that. I wouldn't be surprised if the admin panel does have a checkbox for it but, since I'm an admin on a forum e
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa

I suggested that very thing to Katherz days ago but they told me they have no control over that. I wouldn't be surprised if the admin panel does have a checkbox for it but, since I'm an admin on a forum elsewhere on internet, I know first hand that some forum admin panels can have stuff kinda buried and hard to find. The thing is though, disabling auto-save, which li
    Crimsọn