Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G21 Doppleganger fight(Face to Face)

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
edited November 15, 2020 in General Chat
What's the deal with this quest?
The instant regen of the doppelganger is game breaking.

Even if I final hit with focued beam sabers in Champion mode it's still not enough to overcome that regen. I can't get it below 90% and if I get knocked back just once it's back up 98%.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You need to lower it's defense by using Brionac
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    You need to lower it's defense by either using Brionac and/or pets with AOE debuffs, like bone dragon for instance. Then dps HARDER
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    You need to lower it's defense by either using Brionac and/or pets with AOE debuffs, like bone or mir dragon for instance. Then dps HARDER. Use divine link to distract the other copies.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 15, 2020
    You need to lower it's defense by either using Brionac and/or pets with AOE debuffs, like bone or mir dragon for instance. Then dps HARDER. Use divine link to distract the other copies. https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Generation_21:_Finale#Face_to_Face

Also those swords are jank. I would recommend getting a pair of celtic swords, upgrade them, enchant them, ext. You need way more damage to get ahead of the curve.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 15, 2020
    delteddedededddedd
    Wolfsinger
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Hilarious how each one of those posts goes from Level 1 advice / suggestion even FURTHER BEYO
    Wolfsinger
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Hilarious how each one of those posts goes from Level 1 advice / suggestion even FURTHER BEYOND.
    Wolfsinger
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Focused Rainbow beams do 90~180 damage.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Just go All Out: Basically...

☺ Transformation (Paladin/Dark-Knight or Beast)
    ☺ Demi-God (Stacked on TOP of Paladin/Dark-Knight or Beast)
    ☺ Play a Tune of Battle-Field Overture
    ☺ Equip that Brionac (perhaps even Alchemist-Shock it, too)
    ☺ Eat up that Strength-Boosting Food
    ☺ Consume that 30-Minute Weapon-Power Potion (obtainable from White-Dragon Raid)
    ☺ Spam the Smash-Skill on it all day long...

...that was basically what I think I did if I remember correctly as to what I did. Otherwise you might consider using a high-damage 100% injury rate weapon to cut down its ability to heal (said types of weapons normally come in the form of Bows so hopefully you'll have enough Arrows to pull it off if it is even possible to make use of this idea as a strategy).
    Wolfsinger
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Try using a Rag Doll Bag to
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Try using a Rag Doll Bag. You can buy them occasionally via other equipment tab on the auction hall.
  • Thanh86Thanh86
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    Pip-Boy wrote: »
    Try using a Rag Doll Bag. You can buy them occasionally via other equipment tab on the auction hall.

Or Get Free Chipmunk Plushie Bag from Dungeon Guide Alby normal
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    edited November 21, 2020
    Thanh86 wrote: »
    Pip-Boy wrote: »

Or Get Free Chipmunk Plushie Bag from Dungeon Guide Alby normal

That's a different kind of bag. Rag Doll Bags are weapons that summon minions. They're not too powerful but DPS is DPS
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    edited November 22, 2020
    Well I managed to pull it off.

I timed the mission so I could get 2 Paladin transformations.
    Created a catering dish with 10 Super Stick Mochis(that's 500+ STR) and had a Grand master Chef deploy it for the added duration bonus.
    Spammed final hit as often as I could with Focused Beam Sabers.
    Spammed my pets and used up all the Fate/State night event mercenary scrolls I had left just to keep the doppelganger from regenerating.

There should have been a 100% injury mechanic like the G1 final had, this was down right insane.
    WolfsingerLeinei
  • AdenoAdeno
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,595
    Out of all the enemies so far in the game, this was the most annoying. The boss has very basic AI, but you have to bruteforce it into defeat. The only reason I don't have the Brionac is that I've been taking my time with the story slowly for fun, but the Generation Boost event made me skip some stories for now in an effort to earn myself an Erg 35 for my sword. In short, I came a little underprepared for this battle.

When I first saw that I was gonna fight a clone of myself, I thought it would be as easy as the doppelganger boss from Shadow Cast City. He's actually much easier to my surprise, if you took away his hp regenerating factor. On the very first hit I made to him and the moment I saw how fast his hp can regenerate, I already knew I was gonna have a tough and annoying time lol!

Thankfully, I have a helmet that has Final Hit Cooldown 20, so basically I only have to wait a minute or so to use Final Hit again after every full use. Still, even with that, it took a long time to get his hp down. I even resorted to using Divine Link on four level 200 pets to keep a constant barrage of attacks on the boss and I took out the weaker clones whenever they would pop up.

After my four level 200 pets eventually got knocked out, probably because I failed to notice the Divine Link ending each time, I had to resort to summoning a storage cat that's probably below level 30 lol! Surprisingly, my little storage cat was doing 100+ damage on the boss and we were just down to the last 2% of the boss' health. I also discovered that doing a Smash -> Windmill combo stops him from calling his weaker buddies. Finally, the boss died and my nightmare was over!

Seriously, fighting this clone boss is like fighting a young fox with a near endless supply of hp! It was more like a test of patience and perseverance rather than skill. It wasn't enjoyable at all. On the other hand, the Talvish fight was fun because although he also had a lot of hp and he had a one hit kill cheap shot, at least he didn't constantly regenerate and he also had other attacks which made him more interesting.

I sure hope there aren't any annoying bosses like that in G22 to 24 because I'm about to start those.
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    The doppleganger is what made me stop when I noticed it immediately healed off what non-wound damage I did and am just now wrapping up gen 12 to get the brainoc. Shame it seems I may not be up for it still after getting it and might be looking at a 30+ revive fest like the horror of double Girgyash
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited December 8, 2020
    AgentJean wrote: »
    What's the deal with this quest?
    The instant regen of the doppelganger is game breaking.
    If you got Brionac, just activate it with shock and shave its protection down. Keep the Duplicates out of the fight; they give it more damage reduction. They're weak enough so you could probably just bat them out of the way instead of wasting time preventing the summons. Idk how strong you are.
    Even if I final hit with focued beam sabers in Champion mode it's still not enough to overcome that regen. I can't get it below 90% and if I get knocked back just once it's back up 98%.

Because...
    1. You probably don't have enough raw power to overcome its defenses. (See #3)
    2. You didn't reduce its defenses with an (activated) Brionac.
    3. You aren't using buffs (Battlefield Overture, the Eternal Milletian title, Bone Chip from the FREE Bone Dragon from the Rental, FREE top-notch weapons from the Rental Guy, Catering Dishes, Divine Link, Death Mark, etc).

I fought this thing with an elf alt (~900 Dex) using chain blade (No Chain Burst or Death Mark sadly) and putting most of that together in the fight helped me bullet train right through it with Impale, defenses and regeneration be darned. So, I know for a fact that if a human simply used Bash or Final Hit with most of those buffs on and used the rental weapons from the Rental Guy, they'd get through even without the Brionac's help (and I'm about to prove that to be 100% true, very soon).
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    For the regen, have a pet attack it: it won't do much damage but it WILL stop the regen from activating. Easier if you have lots (LOTS!) of pets, Divine Link, and fynni pets available.

Of course, like everyone else said, the best option is to use Brionac to lower his defenses, both with Demigod on and Shock. I did it early on in the battle, stopping only until my damage reached triple digits. Twin weapons work best; elves can use Chef's Passion for that, and Giants can of course use blunt weapons. I used regular swords, Chef's Passion, morning stars and bargain-basement beam swords; you don't really need stupidly OP gear. Final Hit and Strike recommended as noted by everyone else.

I found it preferable to not allow him to summon copies at all; when the game told me he was about to, I left a pet to keep him busy and ran to defuse the four darklighted braziers. Even my non-speed buffed humans managed to do it in time, as long as the enemy was focused on the pet. If you go this route, switch from twin weapons to a a single weapon; double strikes on the braziers can cost valuable seconds!

So for me basically it was: bash it constantly, summon a pet and sic it on him when he's about to summon, go defuse the summon, and return to bash it. Demigod skills works fine against him, both for attack and defense, and Hide or Crisis Escape can give you breathing space if you need it.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    AgentJean wrote: »
    Well I managed to pull it off.

I timed the mission so I could get 2 Paladin transformations.
    Created a catering dish with 10 Super Stick Mochis(that's 500+ STR) and had a Grand master Chef deploy it for the added duration bonus.
    Spammed final hit as often as I could with Focused Beam Sabers.
    Spammed my pets and used up all the Fate/State night event mercenary scrolls I had left just to keep the doppelganger from regenerating.

There should have been a 100% injury mechanic like the G1 final had, this was down right insane.

Told you, glad you got through. As you progress through more content you may want to consider upgrading your gear. You're going to need way more dps than you have now.