Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please give Elves the ability to Dual Wield.

CrackerVolleyCrackerVolley
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Feedback and Suggestions
It's pretty simple.

While I understand that double arrow archery is meant to be the trademark thing about the elves, I don't think it's enough. The meta of combat has focused around close to mid-range combat with a lot of strength and will being a big deal. Along with that, giants have received multiple adequate ranged options with alchemy, chain slash, ninja, gold rush (... I guess... imo the splash damage is what keeps it from being a meme skill), and so on that don't depend on waiting long to get good accuracy (or reload in the context of crossbows), somewhat nullifying their downsides. Elves just need something to make them decent in close range. I personally think dual wielding one handed axes or blunt weapons would work, with a high Smash rank giving status effects that can be useful in both close and long range (a.k.a. Stun helps you runaway and charge a projectile and reduced defence and protection is just good). That's pretty much all I wanted to rant about today, so I'm going to go back to homework.

Comments

• nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Aren't Axes and BWs heavier than Swords, though? That's why only Giants can dual-wield them.

What about dual-wield Wands, or a Sword with a Wand.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    . . . or duel wield tools. Giving a reason to perform the combat upgrades on them.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Dual wield daggers?
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    I always thought elvs should duel wield daggers. Make a skillset out of it like Lance Combat. Make it elf only. Release new daggers that do real damage .... simple ... easy to implement ... final shot needs to not load anymore and last longer just like final hit. (salt)
    SherriRadiant Dawn
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    That would first require Daggers to become their own thing. Right now, they're just classified as Swords.
    Bronzebreak