Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

More Hidden Skills

LoraLora
Mabinogi Rep: 830
edited November 26, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hidden skills were a thing added a long time ago when talents were released. It's a really interesting way to learn a skill since it requires you to be proficient in two talents. Since the release though we haven't gained any hidden skills besides the original 6, with the exclusion of the level-up skills. I think it would be a interesting idea to add more hidden talent skills to the game.

Examples;
1.Elementalist talent could prove a new magic/alchemy skill that requires use of a wand + guard cylinder to use.
2.Cheerleader talent could provide a new 'Cheer' skill that heals allies and provides buffs while using the skill.
3.Guardian angel talent could grant a skill that allows you to grant an auto-revive buff to your allies.

Comments

• SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    We definitely need more of these. Especially with so many different talents, and how everyone's gotten to a point where almost everyone has maxed out more than one talent. At this point, most people are sitting on grandmasters of at least 10 different talents. They definitely need to come up with some new skills for this. Honestly all the skillsets need to be rebalanced and redone completely at this point, why not do a new system for the hidden skills where maybe we can have a system that combines certain skills. Like you said, an elementalist system could allow us to embue different skillsets with elemental power (like say giving close combat skills a lightning stun, or a knockback with fire). Or maybe a singing skill that can have different effects depending on the skillset you're using. It would be a great way to combine skillsets without seeming unnatural.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I got 21 gm's. WHERE'S MY NECROMANCER TALENT???

I have suggested a skill in the past that could be a hidden combat skill called Rebound that could be activated when knocked down. I still want such a skill.
  • LoraLora
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    Honestly, there's a few obscure skills I have ranked that really don't have any useful functions anymore (if they ever did). Would be interesting to see some sort of use for them, even it's just getting a new skill.