Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Niko's Art Shop - Tarlach

Comments

• NikomisNikomis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    @Imaizumi
    2z3xaow.png
    A preliminary sketch for your review. Please let me know if there are any posing, or stylistic changes that need to be done. I will make it a bit more like the sample you wanted it to look more like when i go to the next step, but let me know if theres any glaring issues before I continue. Thank you.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited February 1, 2017
    @Nikomis Hey, it looks good! I've requested a gold transfer, so I'll get that to you as soon as I can. Regarding the piece, I only feel a bit uneasy about her mouth. If I could have her mouth not open but have an expression that still fits her, then I'd like that.

However a part of me is unsure of how it'll look once you go to the next step, since I know it can look vastly different after coloring. If you think it will look good without changes, then I'll trust your judgement. Thank you!
  • NikomisNikomis
    edited February 1, 2017
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    @Nikomis Hey, it looks good! I've requested a gold transfer, so I'll get that to you as soon as I can. Regarding the piece, I only feel a bit uneasy about her mouth. If I could have her mouth not open but have an expression that still fits her, then I'd like that.

However a part of me is unsure of how it'll look once you go to the next step, since I know it can look vastly different after coloring. If you think it will look good without changes, then I'll trust your judgement. Thank you!
    I can easily close the mouth, no big deal :>

I have work at 7am, so I gotta go to bed, get my... 6 hours of sleep >___>; Ill harass you people with drawings again tomorrow
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Hey I was wondering if you accepted mine as one of the drawings? I'd like to set the money aside so I don't spend it, if so xD.
  • NikomisNikomis
    edited February 2, 2017
    Hey I was wondering if you accepted mine as one of the drawings? I'd like to set the money aside so I don't spend it, if so xD.

done!

@Marianthi
    AGk61p3.png
    a preliminary sketch for your review.

@Imaizumi
    NkRnVCI.png
    Stylistically its a bit more complicated than that very small doodle I did ages ago. Its not complete, but let me know how you like it and if you want things changed, I will change them. Just figured I would throw you guys another update before I go rest for a while.
    MissFortuneImaizumi
  • NyaaNyaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,950
    @Nikomis Hey I was wondering as well, did you happen to see my post at the top of page 2? o: I was wondering if you decided on only doing the two I originally ordered or not; I need to know so I can know the amount to get from the gold transfer, and I noticed that I'm not listed on the slots currently. Apologies if I happened to miss your reply. Let me know, thanks. c:
  • NikomisNikomis
    edited February 4, 2017
    Nyaa wrote: »
    @Nikomis Hey I was wondering as well, did you happen to see my post at the top of page 2? o: I was wondering if you decided on only doing the two I originally ordered or not; I need to know so I can know the amount to get from the gold transfer, and I noticed that I'm not listed on the slots currently. Apologies if I happened to miss your reply. Let me know, thanks. c:

Sorry there is only four slots, and one person ordered two things. I am sort of going chronologically, and trying to take it a bit easier cause i dont wanna cause more strain to a pre-existing injury. When I open more slots, I will let you know. MissFortune is actually on my server, and only wanted one drawing, so they sort of took a little priority, apologies!
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    @Nikomis

Hey, I appreciate the update! The way her chest partitions the cloth underneath it looks just a tiny bit strange to me. I'm not an artist so if you think that looks natural/normal, then by all means don't mind my comment. The longer I stare, the less it troubles me to the point that I wouldn't mind it as it is now I think. ^^ Besides that she looks VERY cute. I'm very happy with how the change to her mouth turned out as well :) Thanks for the update, and I hope you rest well!
  • MarianthiMarianthi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    edited February 4, 2017
    hi!! it looks really good so far! just a couple edits:

k4yy5v.jpg
    1) straighter eyebrows
    2) higher collar
    3) fingers go more down at the collar
    4) wing top in other direction
    5) assuming this is the first outfit? please make the back of the skirt stick out a bit (maybe not as much as i drew but yeah)
  • NyaaNyaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,950
    @Nikomis Oh alright, thanks for letting me know c: I wasn't sure. That would be great if you could notify me. I hope the current orders go well for ya!
  • NikomisNikomis
    Sorry for being MIA a couple days, guys! Had a lot of stuff going on, still do. got a week or so off soon,
    Decided to finish up @Imaizumi s piece before bed.

tumblr_okzukeyzEK1r36rdio1_r1_1280.png

I hope you like it!
    ImaizumiOkamixdimsum
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    OH M GOODGRACENESS. rrrGHH I lovE it. But seriously, I'm very glad I got to commission you. She turned out absolutely gorgeous. If you open more slots in the future, I will try to order again if you'll let me! Good luck with the rest of your commissions! ^^
  • NikomisNikomis
    Marianthi wrote: »

[img-SNIP-img]
    1) straighter eyebrows
    2) higher collar
    5) assuming this is the first outfit? please make the back of the skirt stick out a bit (maybe not as much as i drew but yeah)

1) addressed,
    2-3-5) Its actually outfit 2.
    4) yeah super agree'd it looked awkward, good catch, fixed!

• MarianthiMarianthi
    edited February 7, 2017
    Nikomis wrote: »

[img-SNIP-img]
    1) straighter eyebrows
    2) higher collar

1) addressed,

oh thank you!! please dont make the collar bigger then but please make it tighter and a bit higher instead!
  • NikomisNikomis
    edited February 12, 2017

[img-SNIP-img]
    1) straighter eyebrows
    2) higher collar

1) addressed,

oh thank you!! please dont make the collar bigger then but please make it tighter and a bit higher instead!

First of all, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE, and sorry for taking forever. Im still here, I haven't forgotten you at all. Just kinda busy lately.

OKAY work in progress and questions for you @Marianthi

Do you want FULL FEATHERS, going all the way down the wing, so the bottom/front of the wing is more like a bird wing
    1LYoD8l.png

or would you prefer what everyone else seems to have done, with the half feathered covert area?
    kXOKBdO.png

Also regarding colours, you noted that she was "noticeably tan" Is this colour okay, or would you prefer something more in the yellow-orange vein, like your actual character model?
    ARG04hI.png
  • MarianthiMarianthi
    edited February 12, 2017

[img-SNIP-img]
    1) straighter eyebrows
    2) higher collar

1) addressed,

First of all, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE, and sorry for taking forever. Im still here, I haven't forgotten you at all. Just kinda busy lately.

Do you want FULL FEATHERS, going all the way down the wing, so the bottom/front of the wing is more like a bird wing
    1LYoD8l.png

or would you prefer what everyone else seems to have done, with the half feathered covert area?
    kXOKBdO.png

Also regarding colours, you noted that she was "noticeably tan" Is this colour okay, or would you prefer something more in the yellow-orange vein, like your actual character model?
    ARG04hI.png

hi!
    1) the second wing (the feathers dont extend into the outer wing), but the feathers at the base of the wing in the first one. so like youre extending from feathers into a bat wing.
    2) tan like my character model. basically i just dont want her to be super pale!
    (also just making sure you remember to straighten out the eyebrows please!! and if its not to much could you make the hand holding up her elbow a little less holding it up and more err holding the middle? i can upload an example soon)
  • NikomisNikomis
    edited February 14, 2017

[img-snip-img]

[img-snip-img]

[img-snip-mg]

hi!
    1) the second wing (the feathers dont extend into the outer wing), but the feathers at the base of the wing in the first one. so like youre extending from feathers into a bat wing.
    2) tan like my character model. basically i just dont want her to be super pale!
    (also just making sure you remember to straighten out the eyebrows please!! and if its not to much could you make the hand holding up her elbow a little less holding it up and more err holding the middle? i can upload an example soon)
    KMSkaAv.png
    @Marianthi
    Honestly, I super prefer the more mellowed out skin tones, but if you want yellow-orange you can have it with yellow-orange.
    Is this alright for you? Colour changes and minor edits can be made at this point.

Also, just noting, I couldn't figure out why you were asking for a STRAIGHTER eyebrow, cause the eyebrow couldn't be straighter unless I used a ruler. after a few hours of contemplative debate with myself, I realized you meant you wanted it to be parallel to the bottom/top of the canvas, or more level with the ground.
  • MarianthiMarianthi
    edited February 13, 2017
    lol looks good! please just remove these feathers here!
    rbmz9w.jpg
    (like these feathers blend into a regular bat wing: http://i.imgur.com/9bvPuxn.jpg)
    also, her eyes are blue!
  • NikomisNikomis
    edited February 14, 2017
    [img-snip-img]
    (like these feathers blend into a regular bat wing: http://i.imgur.com/9bvPuxn.jpg)
    also, her eyes are blue!
    Will fix the wings. However, the eye colour was copied directly from the colour reference you gave me. I will change it, but maybe update the hex codes.

wGlFimQ.png

Is this better?
  • MarianthiMarianthi
    rbmz9w.jpg
    also, her eyes are blue!
    Will fix the wings. However, the eye colour was copied directly from the colour reference you gave me. I will change it, but maybe update the hex codes.

thank you!
    (i guess my laptop doesnt have as good colors as my desktop, i see how its purple now haha)