Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G25 Precursor Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited December 1, 2020 in Vault
Caravan Joe needs your help! Rescue Caravan Joe every day to earn sweet rewards and experience to get you ready for G25. Check out the details on the webpost!

Event Dates: Thursday, December 3rd, After Maintenance - Thursday, December 17th, Before Maintenance

mabinogi-g25-precursor_newsarticleheader_940x290.jpg

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    So other than the method of getting it and editing it, the Black Combo Card is basically the same as an ordinary Combo Card, right?
    As in it's still gonna eventually expire and be useless outside of VIP service and rare revival coupons.

Kinda reminds me of that one part of the SAO crossover event with the combo card pieces.

It would've been neat if these custom Black Combo Cards were permanent as-is, or at least had a longer duration than the regular 30 days.
    But I guess VIP service exists. And even if you let you card expire, VIP service will render it usable once again for the duration of your service.

Almost all of the other rewards expiring isn't great, either.
    Then again I like holding onto stuff like that for when I really need them.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    edited December 3, 2020
    Ah, most notably, these combo cards can be customized with non-Dan skills, such as Heat Buster and Hailstorm.

Also, you could always try and get your hands on a Permanent Combo Card Coupon, to make a combo card last forever, although I doubt many are around any more. It was a tradable item in some old gacha.

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Timefall wrote: »
    Ah, most notably, these combo cards can be customized with non-Dan skills, such as Heat Buster and Hailstorm.

Also, you could always try and get your hands on a Permanent Combo Card Coupon, to make a combo card last forever, although I doubt many are around any more. It was a tradable item in some old gacha.

Yeah, I had an untradeable one from some event in 2015ish I think.
    I... used it last week...
    on a Gold combo card...
    that I'm going to try and make (a better version of) in this event.

Good times, lol.
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited December 3, 2020
    The skills selection is random when you change it via the coupon so realistically you should only try to min max the last two skills while using advancement badges for the rest. You simply won't have enough points to get every skill slot the way you want via event points. That means a 6x hailstorm card is forever never ever lol.
    Edit: apparently 6x hailstorm cards don't even work so don't bother trying lol
    BronzebreakRadiant Dawn
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Pip-Boy wrote: »

wat? why?
  • TimefallTimefall
    The skills selection is random when you change it via the coupon so realistically you should only try to min max the last two skills while using advancement badges for the rest. You simply won't have enough points to get every skill slot the way you want via event points. That means a 6x hailstorm card is forever never ever lol.

Wait, so the skill change is random? I thought the entire point of this event was to get a combo card of your own design. If the skills are random, then it's far far worse than just using advancement badges. I guess this event is just to get a few gems?
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Wait, so the skill change is random? I thought the entire point of this event was to get a combo card of your own design. If the skills are random, then it's far far worse than just using advancement badges. I guess this event is just to get a few gems?
    It's a random skill within the category. The point is that you can get higher rolls at later stages than with advancement badges.
    wat? why?
    You would need to re-cast the skill each time for the bonus.
    Bronzebreak
  • TimefallTimefall
    wat? why?
    You would need to re-cast the skill each time for the bonus.[/quote]

It's really strange that Thunder and Hailstorm function this way, but skills like Flame Burst count each hit as part of the combo.
    Bronzebreak
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    It's a random skill within the category. The point is that you can get higher rolls at later stages than with advancement badges.
    wat? why?
    *Time Shift Snap Cast Intensifies*
    wat? why?

It's really strange that Thunder and Hailstorm function this way, but skills like Flame Burst count each hit as part of the combo.[/quote]
    Yeah, supposedly Heat Buster when Elemental Wave'd (giving it 3 attacks) also counts as three skill uses, oddly enough.