Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

KartRider Pet Box

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited December 2, 2020 in Vault
Milletians, start your engines! Karts from KartRider, such as the Lodi Infernal and Saber X, and new pets like the Golden Ceraunus are racing into Mabinogi's KartRider Pet Box for a limited time! You can also earn Bonus Points for each KartRider Pet Box that you open. Gather enough to receive the Practice Kart Smart Key! Check out the details on the webpost!

Sale Dates: Thursday, December 3rd, After Maintenance - Wednesday, December 23rd, Before Maintenance

mabinogi-kartrider-pet-box-news-article-header.png
SherriWolfsinger

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    here are the drop rates for this pet box and two others before it if anyone wants to compare them:

KartRider Pet Box 2020:
    de9s4q8-9d83d512-47c7-4d4d-aee6-4cdae5424b51.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTlzNHE4LTlkODNkNTEyLTQ3YzctNGQ0ZC1hZWU2LTRjZGFlNTQyNGI1MS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.TshFjX657f4FXGIjIavognkhBcyhn3jgvdBa-nUXETY

Summer Lovely Pet Box 2020:
    lovely_pet_box_drop_rates_by_kittykira_de9s4p5-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGU5czRwNS02MWRlZWZlMi1hMmMyLTQ1NTAtYjM0OS0zNzg5MDBjZGZiMmQucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.ES3RQqHrRUwLtkFGrnOLtrsacdWZ1vZTTrrkhgskIwY

Summer Forest Pet Box 2019:
    de9s4o3-a91e9e32-de58-44ea-81f4-ea7988ab4229.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTlzNG8zLWE5MWU5ZTMyLWRlNTgtNDRlYS04MWY0LWVhNzk4OGFiNDIyOS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.Xn1V5WpWNPOiwsj0f0oCqBR6z7ylf96fZzkwKWHdQPE

the rates for these new cars appear to be quite low.
    SherriIyasenu
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 2, 2020
    So you mean to tell us our consolation prize is THIS?

mabinogi-practice-kart-smart-key.png

Wtbleep. Might as well give me a pack of tissues.
    SherriRadiant Dawn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Pretty stupid that it ends on the eve of Christmas Eve :/
    so much for Christmas spending
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The rates for the actual karts is so bad, I don't wanna support that...

And why's the pity kart so ugly.
    Or maybe it's a bad picture, it looks like it's not done loading in its textures yet.
    I'll just take the KartRider balloon and pass on the rest.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Negumiko wrote: »
    here are the drop rates for this pet box and two others before it if anyone wants to compare them:

KartRider Pet Box 2020:
    de9s4q8-9d83d512-47c7-4d4d-aee6-4cdae5424b51.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTlzNHE4LTlkODNkNTEyLTQ3YzctNGQ0ZC1hZWU2LTRjZGFlNTQyNGI1MS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.TshFjX657f4FXGIjIavognkhBcyhn3jgvdBa-nUXETY

Summer Lovely Pet Box 2020:
    lovely_pet_box_drop_rates_by_kittykira_de9s4p5-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGU5czRwNS02MWRlZWZlMi1hMmMyLTQ1NTAtYjM0OS0zNzg5MDBjZGZiMmQucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.ES3RQqHrRUwLtkFGrnOLtrsacdWZ1vZTTrrkhgskIwY

Summer Forest Pet Box 2019:
    de9s4o3-a91e9e32-de58-44ea-81f4-ea7988ab4229.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTlzNG8zLWE5MWU5ZTMyLWRlNTgtNDRlYS04MWY0LWVhNzk4OGFiNDIyOS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.Xn1V5WpWNPOiwsj0f0oCqBR6z7ylf96fZzkwKWHdQPE

You are comparing a gacha with 2 new pets and another gacha with 5 new pets. If you use logic here, the chances that you will end up with a new pet in KartRider gacha is way higher than previous ones. I'm not surprised that some of these car pet rates are decreased because of that since there is 5 of them.

Also Nexon, it's time to change the filler pets in these pet gachas. This is getting REALLY old. Pretty sure this is at least 3rd pet gacha in a row where i continuously see same pets like Lil Jacks, Cosmic Stallions, Alto and Bone dragon. Like come on, there's a lot more pets you could offer...
    Radiant DawnWolfsingerSherriHelsa
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    edited December 3, 2020

They appear low at first glance, and it's true that the rate of getting any particular car is low, but when you add them all together, the chance of getting a car is about 12%. I'd say that's pretty good.

Also, I must know. Can Lance Charge be used while mounted on these cars? I may need to buy some sunglasses...
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Golden Ceranus...... as someone who never got the white (dyable) one, and a collector, that's strangely appealing.
    Man, I was finally starting to save up a small stash though......time to weigh my options again XP
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    edited December 3, 2020
    n2250Xx.png
    TsdONxb.png
    Got these today,I am lucky player to get these wonderful rides!
    NegumikoRadiant Dawn
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    okay, these drop rates were not quite as bad as they appeared. I opened 20 boxes and managed to get the Dark Knight car and the Golden Wagon whistle and the rest of the pets were old ones. opened 2 of the KartRider Exhibition Boxes and got the Lodi Ventus chair item and the Lodi Albert homestead item. overall it turned out okay since the Dark Knight car was the one I was after anyway and the Lodi Albert homestead item looks kind of cool.
    RoyRed wrote: »
    n2250Xx.png
    TsdONxb.png

nice, how many boxes did you open? if it was only 10 that is incredibly lucky cause my first stack of 10 was all crap.
  • AdenoAdeno
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,595

I'm happy that I got two of what I was aiming for right away. Golden Ceraunus and the White Knight car! I also got others that I don't have yet, especially the Christmas Alpaca which should help me with Commerce :)

This was actually my first pet gachapon. I'm used to just buying pets directly from the web shop, like when the Unicorn and horses were first released. I honestly prefer the old way of getting pets where you actually get to pick them to buy. If I didn't get what I wanted from this Kart Rider gachapon, I would've stopped because I only have budget for one 10 pack and I probably would be a little disappointed lol :)

Anyway I hope next gachapon contains armor or weapons that look beautiful. Maybe a new type since we already have Saint Guardian and Abyss.
    NegumikoRadiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 3, 2020
    Ok ok...rng gods blessed me on this one; I ended up getting TWO dark knights on the 10 pack. I was just happy getting the one! XD
    Radiant DawnSherri
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    The rates are pretty generous with this one. I bought a White Knight off of the marketplace but the selection and the odds are good enough that I'll probably buy a few for pets I don't already have.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Seriously, whatever happened to Pet Cards?

I mean, I know the answer is "hurr Capitalism", but still.
  • GretaGreta

Do you need Pet Cards for something?
    Helsa
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Greta wrote: »

Pet cards aren't gambling, but to be fair for the price of a pet gacha you're guaranteed a pet that would cost more than 5 bucks. They also help to sell adoption medals which provides other players with pets. Honestly they're not too bad.
  • GretaGreta
    Pip-Boy wrote: »

Pet cards aren't gambling, but to be fair for the price of a pet gacha you're guaranteed a pet that would cost more than 5 bucks. They also help to sell adoption medals which provides other players with pets. Honestly they're not too bad.

Exactly. I don't see Pet Cards being useful. Especially after Pet Update in which you don't need Pet Cards to rebirth your pets or whatever.
    Helsa
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Pip-Boy wrote: »

Exactly. I don't see Pet Cards being useful. Especially after Pet Update in which you don't need Pet Cards to rebirth your pets or whatever.

The only thing they're useful for is providing pets with bolt spells via rebirth. That 50 or so int is rarely ever relevant.
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    edited December 7, 2020
    okay, these drop rates were not quite as bad as they appeared. I opened 20 boxes and managed to get the Dark Knight car and the Golden Wagon whistle and the rest of the pets were old ones. opened 2 of the KartRider Exhibition Boxes and got the Lodi Ventus chair item and the Lodi Albert homestead item. overall it turned out okay since the Dark Knight car was the one I was after anyway and the Lodi Albert homestead item looks kind of cool.
    RoyRed wrote: »
    n2250Xx.png
    TsdONxb.png

nice, how many boxes did you open? if it was only 10 that is incredibly lucky cause my first stack of 10 was all crap.

@Negumiko Well U guess right,I bought at least 10 boxes&the Saber X (the race car look alike) is about 1% chance to get it.