Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Names have old server in them

ArkadenArkaden
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Help
I've been away from Mabi for a long time, just came back to find my old server (Ruairi) gone and all my characters moved to Nao. Additionally, many of my characters and pets now have "+Ruairi" in their name. Is there any way of getting rid of that?

Comments

• TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    edited December 7, 2020
    The 3 servers Ruairi, Mari, and Tarlach have combined into a single server, Nao, and all players and pets from those servers now exist on the same server.

To fix names, Nexon added a "Name Change" feature. For each character you had, you get 1 free name change. The option can be accessed from the mabinogi website in the Support menu, and the change will take place during the next maintenance. If you use all of your free name changes and want to change names again, you can purchase additional name changes.

Please note that since people from 3 servers now exist in 1 server, your original name may have been taken by someone from another server with the same name. (Or by someone with a different name entirely)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited December 7, 2020
    The reason names were manipulated like this, in the first place, was because names have to be unique across a server. With the server merge, duplicates had to be made unique once more and were done so as you discovered. Also with the merge you would have gained two titles: the secondary title "Nao together" and, in your case, the primary title "of Team Ruairi".

Those of us on Alexina had no such name mangling because we were left out of the merge. Nonetheless we got the "Nao together" title as well; I assume just to rub it in, but I digress. We also, got the "of Team Alexina" title, which for Alexina is obvious, but there you have it.