Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Forgetful Potion now once a Week?

XerterXerter
Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
edited December 8, 2020 in General Chat
We just saw, that you can use Foretful Pots only once a week now. When did that happened? Or are there two Types of Pots?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Pretty sure this is a thing from the start it got introduced.
    Helsa
  • XerterXerter
    Greta wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is a thing from the start it got introduced.

No not really. I know that I used those Pots everyday. Also Wiki still has the old description.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    there are different iterations of other potions (such as 2x skill training potions that stack and others that don't) so it's probably just another version of that potion. this version has been passed out/purchased during events more recently in the game's history.
  • XerterXerter
    That doesn't really explain why I was able to chug down 2 at the Weekend and now I can't. Even those i have from long Ago have an updated Description.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Xerter wrote: »
    That doesn't really explain why I was able to chug down 2 at the Weekend and now I can't. Even those i have from long Ago have an updated Description.

was one tradeable and the other not? did one have an expiration date and another not so much? i'm thinking different IDs might be at play here thus the system letting it pass by treating them as two completely unrelated entities.

if not that... then perhaps it's not exactly a week cooldown from the time you use it, but rather saturday or sunday happens to be the day the cooldown lets up/resets. kinda like how you can use continent warp at exactly 11:50 pm in game, then the action resets at 12:00 am so you can use it again (pretty much) immediately afterwards.

you know what, i recently had a character use a forgetful potion. let me see if another can be used in attempt to better understand this. :S
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Wait! What? Is this an event thing or a regular game thing?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 8, 2020
    Some are once a week, some are once a day. It depends. Think of them more as a limited reset so you can gain an extra 150-200 levels. I'm glad I don't have to worry about leveling anymore.

At least until devcat doesn't something stupid to piss me off and increases the relevant levels. Which they will bleeping probably do to keep players engaged and active. BLEEP YOU DEVCAT!!!!!
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    There's always been once a week pots, as there's always been once a day pots. It varies, as there are different variants of Forgetful Potions. And the wiki isn't always the best source of information - even item descriptions can be misleading, though this is more on part to the Devs deciding to make a new version of a potion rather than using the same one each event. I.e. training pots, many of which claim the timer does not stop on logging out, but if you use the talent skill potions from this last fishing event, for example, you'll find they all pause on log out, despite the description. This also applies to them stacking, despite most saying "does not stack with other talent training potions".
    Xerter wrote: »

I'm extremely skeptical these are old, as neither DevCat or Nexon goes in and changes old item descriptions, evidenced easily by again the multitude of different variants of the same potions, and their misleading and usually incorrect descriptions. They're likely not as old as you think they are, or you're mixing them up with the older variant.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Read the item descriptions of the Forgetful Potions you use more carefully.

Here's a 1-day cooldown variant
    46ebb133dd.png
    This one is from the 1st clear boxes from the dungeon guide system.

Here's a 1-week cooldown variant
    7136846a33.png
    This one is usually from events.
    Though of course events can probably hand out the 1-day cooldown variant as well, always be sure to read the description to make your decision and don't get slapped with a 1-week cooldown you aren't prepared for.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Read the item descriptions of the Forgetful Potions you use more carefully.

Here's a 1-day cooldown variant
    46ebb133dd.png
    This one is from the 1st clear boxes from the dungeon guide system.

Here's a 1-week cooldown variant
    7136846a33.png
    This one is usually from events.
    Though of course events can probably hand out the 1-day cooldown variant as well, always be sure to read the description to make your decision and don't get slapped with a 1-week cooldown you aren't prepared for.

Ah. Just like suspected. I wanted to ask if perhaps we have 2 same potions with different cooldowns or something like that.
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Oh okay, it's through the Dungeon Guide thingie. That's pretty good because with a steady free supply of forgetful potions you can now maintain a hero talent indefinitely without having to pay for more AP.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Helsa wrote: »
    Oh okay, it's through the Dungeon Guide thingie. That's pretty good because with a steady free supply of forgetful potions you can now maintain a hero talent indefinitely without having to pay for more AP.

Yeah be careful with those, don't open those boxes unless you're ready to do some leveling because those forgetful potions expire in a week.