Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon launcher Glitch

KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
edited December 8, 2020 in Technical Support
It's not an in game glitch, so I'll it in tech support.
Since the updates the week before, my Nexon launcher will open, but I will not be able to access the window. Tried several ways to switch it to the window, clicking, alt+tab, via task manager, but can't do it. The launcher pop up ad window can be accessed though.

The only way I've been getting into the game is running Mabinogi itself through programs.

While right now, I'm able to run the game client, I'm a little worried when the next patch comes out and I'm unable to click the update button on the launcher. I wonder if opening client through programs will prompt patch downloads.

I'm using a Windows 10 Lenovo.
Niought

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Mine's been squirrelly now for a few weeks. I seem to recall having that problem and I guess I probably uninstalled and reinstalled it, though I can't recall now. I assume you've tried that and it's still acting up? Try running msconfig as an administrator and setting your computer to run in safe mode with networking, then see if it runs nicely. If it does then likely some software is blocking it. You run your computer in safe mode with networking for troubleshooting not for normal use; don't forget to put your computer back to normal running.

As for me, the issue I'm having is that most the time I can't log out so I end up closing the window then killing the process in Task Manager; it's a pain, but the jousting community needs me; what's a girl to do?
    Kensamaofmari
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Usually an uninstall and reinstall of the launcher works, but it seems that it has to be done more often than not. I have one computer where it constantly does that and another where I just reboot it till it pops up since I have it set to auto-start.

I'm not sure if you have it set to auto-launch when you boot your computer, but that usually works for me imo.
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Usually an uninstall and reinstall of the launcher works, but it seems that it has to be done more often than not. I have one computer where it constantly does that and another where I just reboot it till it pops up since I have it set to auto-start.

I'm not sure if you have it set to auto-launch when you boot your computer, but that usually works for me imo.

I have my launcher on auto, so as soon as computer boots up, it will load. While I haven't reinstalled the launcher because I find that a hassle to do, I just find it strange that I can't get to the launcher window itself but the add pop up is fine, because they open together when the launcher starts. The launcher does not pop up no matter if I min all my other auto-start programs from the start.
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    I'm having what I think is the same problem. Nexon is visible in the taskbar but clicking on it doesn't do anything. I was wondering if anyone has found a more permanent fix for this yet?
    Niought wrote: »
    I'm having what I think is the same problem. Nexon is visible in the taskbar but clicking on it doesn't do anything. I was wondering if anyone has found a more permanent fix for this yet?

I ended up reinstalling client. Seems like the only fix at this time.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775

reinstalling mabinogi did not fix the issue for me. this was also a issue on steam as well as the nexon launcher. they fixed it during the last maintenance yesterday cause I have started the game over 10 times and this bug no longer appears. I sent a report about this bug and replied to the gm that answered at least 3 times to sure they got every detail of what I was experiencing with this bug. took about 3 weeks but they finally fixed it. big thanks to the gms that did fix this issue, I was starting to think this issue would last until we get the 64 bit client update or something.
    Negumiko wrote: »

reinstalling mabinogi did not fix the issue for me. this was also a issue on steam as well as the nexon launcher. they fixed it during the last maintenance yesterday cause I have started the game over 10 times and this bug no longer appears. I sent a report about this bug and replied to the gm that answered at least 3 times to sure they got every detail of what I was experiencing with this bug. took about 3 weeks but they finally fixed it. big thanks to the gms that did fix this issue, I was starting to think this issue would last until we get the 64 bit client update or something.

@Negumiko
    It happened to me again tonight, and I ended up finding something on a Maplestory forum.
    Apparently, when you click on the launcher (preferably with no other applications on) press alt+space until it appears, or the box that allows to minimize, maximize, or close appears. Launcher appears after clicking maximize for me.
    Niought
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Hey, thanks for sharing! I did get some help on fixing it last time, but then the glitch came back a few times afterwards, and I just maximized it to get it working again every time, so that was really helpful