Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G21 Talvish Battle

LindashaLindasha
in General Chat
I am a freaking Elf and need to defeat Talvish. The new skills are crap and don't have any effect on him. Since elves don't get final hit doing any amount of damage is ridiculous. Mirage arrow only does 2 damage per hit, totally useless. Can anyone suggest a way to get him to 30% faster or my poor elf is never going to complete G21.

Comments

• Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited December 3, 2020
    Talvish has 80% passive defenses against skills like final hit, firebolt, chain impale, and bash. I think Magnum shot is reduced as well. Try using spamming skills like Chain Crush or even just normal attack with chain and then using raging spike/anchor rush to dodge attacks. He's weak to your transformed auto-attack once you unlock Divinity through the fight.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Lindasha wrote: »
    I am a freaking Elf and need to defeat Talvish. The new skills are crap and don't have any effect on him. Since elves don't get final hit doing any amount of damage is ridiculous. Mirage arrow only does 2 damage per hit, totally useless. Can anyone suggest a way to get him to 30% faster or my poor elf is never going to complete G21.

Since you are an elf there's Hydra/Hide. If his aggro is infinite distance then if the battle field has anything to hide behind then you can hide behind a barrier and keep sending golems out to wear him down. If none of those will work them I'm in trouble too :C

A human friend of mine recently did this. They used chain and died about 10 times.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited December 8, 2020
    Lindasha wrote: »

I literally just completed this fight on my elf alt (she has like 900 dex, lol) yesterday.

All I had to do was get a Celtic Chain from the rental guy and keep Battlefield overture up and spam Nao stones. lol
    The other part was just learning the timing for Shield of Trust so I didn't get one-shotted by the quadruple JBlade attack aura.
    If he hit me with Spike before then and I didn't block it, well, I'm just dead, I guess. Equip a balloon accessory and auto-revive. Back to DPS.

EDIT: To clarify, I can't use Impale here. Impale, Bash, Final Hit, and Firebolt are stealth nerfed. So, I used Chain Crush.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    edited December 8, 2020
    I did Talvish on my squishy Range Longears (AKA Elf) before the latest OP crap (read: Chain) hit the game. Here are my tips:

Best support item you can have are Speed Boost potions, if you can get them, tho be aware that Talvish's warping around won't allow you to stay away for long, and you have to be very far away from him if you want to avoid his one-hit attack, or more critically, his Crusader-Skill-sealing attack. I prefer Nao stones (particularly Guardian ones) to balloons since you don't have to equip them and take up just one space in inventory; events have given a ton of these. Also, of course, HP pots of the SE variety, RE if you must. Again, events of late have doled out a lot of these.

Magnum shot DOES work fine against him, so couple that with Final Hit to fire faster (and move away faster too if necessary). Nowadays we have the Vision of Ladeca skill (didn't when I fought him, grrr) which makes your fire A LOT faster, tho you have to be level 100 to get it, doesn't last that long and it can only be used once a Mabiday (like with Falcon mode, time your battle so you can use it once before 6:00 AM and then again afer it).

Speaking of Falcon, you do increased damage with it, plus of course you're less squishy while it lasts, but Elven Magic Missile is way too slow and what with Talvish being immune to status effects, there's really no reason to use it at all. Just use Falcon to buff your ranged damage twice during the battle.

Windmill will cancel the Crusader-Skill-sealing attack; so will Judgement Blade but it's obviously too slow. Not sure if either need to be of certain rank, tho. My squishy longears had both at either A or B, can't quite remember.

Demigod: I prefer Morrighan's powers, and went in with Wings of Eclipse (the force field) as high as I could go, as it will allow you to keep firing without worrying about Talvish's regular attacks, tho it WON'T protect you from the Crusader-Skill-sealing nor the one-hit attack. Wings of Rage is slow, but since it's DOT (damage over time) it's worth using, again, right after a Scythe attack. Also try to arrive with Shadow Spirit fully loaded (higher-level mobs fill it faster); this one will be a one-shot attack, but if you have it high enough it will do good damage, and it's also DOT. Also, if at any point you must melee, remenber that while in Demigod the Brionac will be superbuffed, so use that; not sure if its Def-and-Prot-reduction abilities work on Talvish, but it WILL be dealing more damage than normal. I obviously didn't get to use Spear of Light in the fight as it's a Neamhain power, but it is a slow skill, so if you want to use it, I suggest to do the Spear of God version (far more damage), so you need to be wielding the Brionac for that too. I wouldn't recommend using Shock + Brionac to get the Spear of God because it would entail too much inventory juggling in the middle of the fight.

Judgement Blade works; you can level it up rather quickly without the need to do raids up to Rank 8, and it deals a decent amount of damage there. Of course, I only used if I found myself close to him and just after moving away from his twin scythes attack, which is easy to avoid just by moving through him when you hear the Meditation sound. Overall, it's too slow and requires careful timing and obviously it will trigger cooldown of all Crusader skills, but it's an option.

Shield of Trust: a note on this skill. Obviously, because of the cooldown, you want to have it ready for the one-hit attack, but interestingly enough, it blocks the Crusader-Skill-sealing attack. Found this out by accident. Might want to gamble on using it for that purpose if you find yourself too far away from Talvish to Windmill him, and hope the cooldown's done in time for the one-hit.

About that one-hit attack: if you're too close to him when it starts, just stand directly on him to avoid all the Judgement Blades.

I can't remember if Hide worked with Talvish, but Crisis Escape definitely doesn't fool him.

Finally, I fiddled with my shortcuts too; since Mirage Missile was no good, I switched it to Shield of Trust so I could quickly use it when needed. Nowadays with extra shortcuts bars, you might not need to.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited December 8, 2020
    I did Talvish on my squishy Range Longears (AKA Elf) before the latest OP crap (read: Chain) hit the game.

You tried, but Chain was here long before G21, kid.
    Sorry to burst your "back in my day we used pencils to write letters" credibility attempt, there.

Still don't know why to this day people refuse to use a talent made to benefit directly from a typical elf player's DEX stat focus.

EDIT: Proof of Chain's release before G21:
    Chain, Dec. 2017: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/62198/chain-slash-patch-notes-december-14th-2017
    G21: Jun, 2018: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/62204/g21-finale-part-1-patch-notes-june-14th-2018
    Greta
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    I did Talvish on my squishy Range Longears (AKA Elf) before the latest OP crap (read: Chain) hit the game.

You tried, but Chain was here long before G21, kid.
    Sorry to burst your "back in my day we used pencils to write letters" credibility attempt, there.

Still don't know why to this day people refuse to use a talent made to benefit directly from a typical elf player's DEX stat focus.

EDIT: Proof of Chain's release before G21:
    Chain, Dec. 2017: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/62198/chain-slash-patch-notes-december-14th-2017
    G21: Jun, 2018: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/62204/g21-finale-part-1-patch-notes-june-14th-2018

Yeah, you're right about the Chain-G21 timing XD Shoulda checked before making that claim. Still, since it's a talent I don't use on any of my toons (along with Martial Arts, Ninja, Music and Alchemy, beyond any skills from those talents you need to progress through the Gs) I can be forgiven for getting the timeline mixed up.

As for refusing to use certain talents/skills, I want the game to be challenging, not a breeze. My Puppeteer, for example, doesn't use any CC skills though the game forces you to pretty much learn all of them, and in fact I tanked them back to F. My Giant doesn't Assault Slash. The aforementioned elf doesn't Bash, though she does a bit of melee. It's just how I play. It's also why I don't play with people unless the mission absolutely requires it; nothing irks me more than being hyped about a boss fight only for one of the other players to one-hit it.

On the other hand, I believe all Gs should be doable with the most basic talents/skills and you shouldn't need to learn or master more recent ones to proceed (apart from maybe a couple of skills, like Shock to name but one as it was integral to the storyline) nor should you need to acquire the most expensive/rare/powerful equips for it. Up until now I had managed to do all Gs like that before nerfing but, alas, they nerfed G24 too quickly, so now my streak's gone.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 8, 2020
    Remember doing that part long ago... Pretty much anything I did was backfiring for me, but after I started to spam Chain Crush, it seemed to be quite effective. It still wasn't easy because Talvish would use a debuff on me which rendered me unable to use Crusader skills and EXACTLY at that point he would start using his damn OP skill that needed to be blocked with Shield Of Trust... Yeah, fun times. Not using Chains or any other talent for challenge sake is silly excuse bruh, how about you refuse to use Crusader skills on him for that LOL.

Also...

FM0YmN6.png

Read posts more carefully people.
    Helsa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Greta wrote: »
    Remember doing that part long ago... Pretty much anything I did was backfiring for me, but after I started to spam Chain Crush, it seemed to be quite effective. It still wasn't easy because Talvish would use a debuff on me which rendered me unable to use Crusader skills and EXACTLY at that point he would start using his damn OP skill that needed to be blocked with Shield Of Trust... Yeah, fun times. Not using Chains or any other talent for challenge sake is silly excuse bruh, how about you refuse to use Crusader skills on him for that LOL.

Also...

FM0YmN6.png

Read posts more carefully people.

That would require them to know how to read.
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Oof, that roast. :D
    CrimsọnWolfsingerHelsa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Greta wrote: »
    Oof, that roast. :D

94fcbafc813b1018f09a1817a2bb2dbe.gif