Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gold Lottery?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    The entire point of taxes as I understand them is to take money out of the economy to help prevent inflation; if you just move that money around instead, you're not removing it...

It also helps to pay for things.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Ravagne wrote: »
    There's taxes?
    Yes all Non-vip players pay taxes when they deposit items/money into the bank. Also items 50k+gold from a kiosk/personal have the option for direct pay from bank with tax. Thinking about it more it’s simply unfair cause the vip players don’t pay taxes xD so nvm this was a bad idea.

Logically, tax is the correct thinking of the gold sink fees, but I consider it profit for the NPCs. Technically speaking, there are no taxes levied by the NPCs of authority in the game.

Actually, VIP players to pay fees in all transactions with Erskin Bank and AH.
    Please stop replying to my stuff you literally put in nothing to what I’m talking about and just looking to add numbers under your name it seems.

You have issues.

I have issues ? You lurk the forums drooling waiting to comment on literally every post just to increase numbers under your name.

Internet Explorer finally finished loading after 3 months?

KensamaofmariEcremeHelsa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 13, 2020
    There's taxes?
    Yes all Non-vip players pay taxes when they deposit items/money into the bank. Also items 50k+gold from a kiosk/personal have the option for direct pay from bank with tax. Thinking about it more it’s simply unfair cause the vip players don’t pay taxes xD so nvm this was a bad idea.

Logically, tax is the correct thinking of the gold sink fees, but I consider it profit for the NPCs. Technically speaking, there are no taxes levied by the NPCs of authority in the game.

Please stop replying to my stuff you literally put in nothing to what I’m talking about and just looking to add numbers under your name it seems.

You should know, when you tell us to not do something you will get the complete opposite. :trollface:
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    There's taxes?

You have issues.

I have issues ? You lurk the forums drooling waiting to comment on literally every post just to increase numbers under your name.

LOl
    Ecreme
  • Nightsky7Nightsky7
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    What if only players who have done a certain amount of content (like finishing a certain number of generation quests) who also have less than a certain amount of gold are the only ones eligible for this lottery? This would at least help out newer, poorer players and may encourage older players to spend more gold.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited December 26, 2020
    A gold lottery can't work. The point of the lottery is to remove more gold from the money supply than it adds to it. That would mean the chance of winning being on a level that folks won't bother. It's a nice sounding idea but the devils in the details and the details ruin the whole enterprise.
  • EcremeEcreme
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    HCJWMMa.gif
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited December 28, 2020
    The issue is that people are thinking that the problem is simply that "rich" players exist.

I agree that these players are driving up item costs and material costs. But, this is simply a matter of supply versus demand (and human greed from both ends). There is a disproportionate amount of supply compared to the demand. There aren't enough people doing content, people who do the content want top dollar for their work and can command it due to the low content activity, and too many people want to "just buy [thing]" instead of making it or grinding it themselves. The issue is also that most "poorer" players aren't figuring out how to get gold from the "rich" people, who mainly buy materials, Echostones, Reforged gear, and all sorts of things related to Erg (what else are they gonna do with all that gold?).

There's ways to make in-game income that don't require spending a lot of real life cash. Inflation sucks and is definitely here, I agree. I even went out of my way to warn everyone that it was coming, should we go through with the server merge back in July of last year (2019). So, I'm on your side. But, the solution isn't simply to just take gold from people for the sake of pursuing this grandiose vision of wealth equality or market control, especially people who still earned their gold -- even if you dislike how they earned it (e.g. whaling lots of cash at the game). You can't simply control a machine operated by human nature. The solution is a bit more complex than "just tax the wealthy," because if you get rid of the wealthy, poor people still are going to be poor. On top of that, how does it make sense to just put tons of gold into the hands of a single individual or body of power and drastically increase their buying power to an absurd degree to where they in themselves could decide where our economy goes? If you actually think "rich" people are the problem, how does simply changing around the wealth fix anything?

There are people who still can't figure out how to make 1m in one day. That's not the fault of the wealthy players and just giving people huge amounts of unearned income -- especially income taken (read: "stolen") from others -- actually just makes matters worse, including more inflation (trust me, I know, because I've seen it happen in this game too many times -- like when one friend got a hold of a Saint Armor from the Saint Guardian Event of 2019 and sold it for 200m, then blew all of it on ridiculous decisions because they had no financial sense whatsoever). I'm more under the impression that people just want the "wealth" without the work or effort and feel envy towards the "wealthy" players, who generally just made good decisions throughout their game life and made necessary sacrifices.

The way to curb inflation is the road no one wants to speak of: doing more content and putting more materials out into the market to drop the value of the items and also spreading accurate information regarding raids, drops, and character progression.