Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Best in Slot Guide

Speddy54Speddy54
Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
in General Chat
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sq3Sa0AaOuQ087rb2CR5fBK9F4gE2Uz6LjsdBgWtscQ/edit?usp=sharing

This guide goes over the best in slot enchants, reforges, weapons, and my personal opinion on pets and their place in divine link and summons.

If you think there are any mistakes or changes that should be made, let me know here or on discord. Feel free to share the document as well.
RakRainthesword

Comments

• RakRak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Thanks for the great guide! I finally know what BiS means lol.
    Speddy54
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    edited December 18, 2020
    This is a really helpful reference, although parts of it do give off hints of the "damage is all that matters" attitude that I dislike.

"Trader" enchant only grants damage during commerce, so it probably shouldn't be listed as a good option.
    Speddy54
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited December 18, 2020
    Max Damage Enchants that include Bard Buff effects may as well be considered as ([Max Damage from Enchant] + ([Character's Base Max Damage] * ([Enchant's Buff Effect Bonus] * .20 * (1 + (.01 * [Relevant Performance Effect Reforge Level]))))).

What I'm basically saying through that equation is that Chorus -- for example -- is already superior to all of those other suffixes. The Net Gain from max rolling Resistance is Max 18, but if you get from Chorus a base Max 13 boost and also an extra .60% Battlefield Overture boost from the +3 Bard Buff effect (which is basically .60% of your base Max Damage), then the Bard Buff boost translates into "Extra Max Damage increase equal to (Base Max Damage * [Enchant's Buff Effect Bonus])."

If you take -- for example -- a base Max Damage of 1000 for this scenario, Chorus and Resistance give the exact same max damage boosts, often differing only by decimal margins. However, when I tested the calculations at base 1200 max, the Chorus Suffix actually surpassed Resistance (by .2 Max, but still..). This means that if one were to then invest into "Normal/Excellent/Inspiring Effect" Reforges on Echostone and Gear slots, Chorus would further surpass Resistance (by at least one full Max Damage point; the +.60 bard buff would become +.66 with a total Normal Performance Effect level of 15+). So, the gap probably expands even further if you start using things like Sonata or Pure or Technical.

But, this above information assumes you're going to be buffing yourself and aren't usually doing content with "Bards" that do the buffs for you; in the case someone else is buffing you: your list (as far as Max Damage is concerned) is accurate. I just thought I'd throw this information out here, since we're talking about "Best (tm)" gear. :^))
    Speddy54
  • Speddy54Speddy54
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    edited December 18, 2020
    Timefall wrote: »
    This is a really helpful reference, although parts of it do give off hints of the "damage is all that matters" attitude that I dislike.

"Trader" enchant only grants damage during commerce, so it probably shouldn't be listed as a good option.

Unfortunately I do think a large portion of Mabi's current design trajectory is based in doing as much DPS as possible. If they release more enchants such as Sandglass and Fortification (which I just realized I didn't include Fortification in my list even though I think it is an enchant worth using) where they provide utility effects or a significant amount of defensive stats provided a certain condition is met, I think we could have more variety in builds enchant wise than just "Largest damage numbers".

Yep you're right about the trader enchant. I'll remove it from the list.
    Max Damage Enchants that include Bard Buff effects may as well be considered as ([Max Damage from Enchant] + ([Character's Base Max Damage] * ([Enchant's Buff Effect Bonus] * .20 * (1 + (.01 * [Relevant Performance Effect Reforge Level]))))).

But, this above information assumes you're going to be buffing yourself and aren't usually doing content with "Bards" that do the buffs for you; in the case someone else is buffing you: your list (as far as Max Damage is concerned) is accurate. I just thought I'd throw this information out here, since we're talking about "Best (tm)" gear. :^))

That's a good thing to keep in mind. I'll probably add a note to the Max Damage enchant list that Max Damage-Music Buff Effect enchants have a greater impact on your damage output when you are the primary buffer and not gear swapping (most likely due to a lack of extra equipment slots and you're in combat), especially when factoring in reforge slots.