Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please make fine wool useful for anything!

DuskysDuskys
Mabinogi Rep: 420
in Feedback and Suggestions
Here is the problem as I see it:

Since I returned from my hiatus, I noticed that the developers decided to add a new drop to Sheep. When I first encountered fine wool, I was excited to see what sort of items it may be useful for. When I actually looked up the Mabinogi wiki entry on Fine Wool, however, I was disappointed to say the least. Fine wool is only used in the crafting of Cotton Cushion Stuffing, subsequently used to make pet houses that can be placed in players' homesteads.

After spending some time shearing sheep, my disappointment with fine wool turned to outright frustration. Nearly 50% of the drops when I am shearing sheep end up being fine wool. The higher your luck, the more likely you are to get the drop. I wouldn't have a problem with this if fine wool were actually used in any other crafting recipe. Unfortunately, this isn't the case. I do have particularly high luck and you could argue that I should simply try to debuff my stat, but luck is also important for lucky drops of regular wool as well.

I do believe there are some potential solutions to this problem:

One solution is to make fine wool usable in the crafting of thick thread balls. Maybe, fine wool could yield double the amount of thick thread balls as regular wool. This would help alleviate some of the grindiness of higher-rank weaving and tailoring (which is a huge problem in and of itself). Currently, fine wool only exacerbates this problem as it wastes nearly half of the durability of your gathering tools on a resource which is fundamentally unusable, unsellable, and altogether a waste of potential.

Another solution I thought of is making fine wool usable in high-tier sewing recipes. These days, most of the highly-sought outfits are only available in Gachapons or events. This is a huge problem in my opinion as it has caused much of the economy to stagnate. I believe that developers could release a new line of sewing/crafting recipes or even make some of the current popular outfits craftable through tailoring. This would also be a good potential use of fine wool as it would help revitalize tailoring as a viable profession. Currently, people usually only rank weaving/tailoring for the DEX for something more straightforward like Archery.

I hope that you guys will take my thoughts into consideration.
KensamaofmariNegumiko

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    New types of high quality thread and fabric to make new gear would also be nice.
    Duskys
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    Or 1 fine wool = 2 wool when spun in a wheel.
    Duskys
  • DuskysDuskys
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    The above are also two good suggestions. It doesn't make sense to me that the developers wouldn't use this as another opportunity to expand Mabi's vast crafting system.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    The Soft Hillwen and Stained Shyllien they've added have similar problems. Although they can be made into something useful, it takes a large number of them. They're far less valuable than anything you'd otherwise gather in their place. To make things even worse, Doll Bags can't pick them up. Even the bag which picks up Hillwen can't pick up Soft Hillwen. Overall, they've essentially imposed large penalties to gathering skills. I'm not sure what motivated it.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    OP probably hasn't noticed, but wheat farming has the same issue with wheat chaff. Personally I have no problem selling fine wool, and can use it more than the wheat due to a larger number of small pets vs horse types. As a player, I find issues with anything that drops in nature only having 1 specific use as it takes up space for relatively little gain.
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Stormbeast wrote: »
    OP probably hasn't noticed, but wheat farming has the same issue with wheat chaff. Personally I have no problem selling fine wool, and can use it more than the wheat due to a larger number of small pets vs horse types. As a player, I find issues with anything that drops in nature only having 1 specific use as it takes up space for relatively little gain.

Create fodder for pets to eat.