Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nano-Robots INSIDE YOUR BODY...!

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in Town Square
I do not know why the general-public does not discuss things like this very much (wait, actually, I do know why, but that is not currently relevant for purposes of this thread [purpose: I just wish to gauge current perceptions {from the poll-options} that some of us may have over the idea of nano-bot technology in the human-body... particularly as it relates to medical-purposes]), but this technology has literally already been around for years and years now, and so has a LOT of other things that I know about which most of the world-population still seems to have never heard of before (nor will most of you ever hear about them for reasons I will be keeping «classified» for now).

You do not need to respond. I will try to make the poll-options fairly inclusive/comprensive to cover many possibilities.

Following Spoiler-Content : Description from a [YouKnowWho]Tube video of a TEDxZurich talk by Brad Nelson
We learned of the existence of bacteria over 300 years ago and we have far more of them in our bodies than human cells, but it was less than 40 years ago when we first realized how they swim. With the discovery of the rotary motor of E. coli in 1973, a motor just 45 nanometers in diameter, some claimed this incredible mechanism as evidence of God, though it is really just a step along the path of evolution. Now we can actually build nanorobots that swim similar to bacteria like E. coli. We're working to use these to deliver drugs to specific locations in the body. E. coli itself is a kind of robot: it has sensors (chemoreceptors), motors, communication along protein guided pathways, and software (DNA). When we look at a bacterium from this perspective it seems like a machine, even one that we will be hopefully able to duplicate someday. So if bacteria are really just machines then what are we?

Brad Nelson is the Professor of Robotics and Intelligent Systems at ETH Zürich where his primary research focus is on microrobotics and nanorobotics with an emphasis on applications in biology and medicine. He studied mechanical engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of Minnesota and robotics at Carnegie Mellon University. He has worked at Honeywell and Motorola and served as a United States Peace Corps Volunteer in Botswana, Africa. He was a professor at the University of Illiois at Chicago and the University of Minnesota before joining ETH in 2002.

Prof. Nelson was named to the 2005 "Scientific American 50," Scientific American magazine's annual list recognizing fifty outstanding acts of leadership in science and technology from the past year for his efforts in nanotube manufacturing. His lab won the 2007 and 2009 RoboCup Nanogram Competition--both times the event has been held--in which micrometer size robots competed in soccer. His lab appears in the 2012 Guinness Book of World Records for the "Most Advanced Mini Robot for Medical Use." He serves on the editorial boards of several journals, has chaired several international workshops and conferences, has served as the head of the ETH Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering, as the Chairman of the ETH Electron Microscopy Center (EMEZ), and is a member of the Research Council of the Swiss National Science Foundation.

In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)
________________________________________________________________________________
Semi-Classified Inner-Spoiler-Content : Use of Nano-Technologies in current medical-practice I found surprising/astonishing
(putting this inside this spoiler to keep it away from the eyes of the non-studious and certain types of other people)
I did not necessarily believe at first that these things (nano-robots) were being put into «vaccines» but, whilst I was re-reviewing some information about the medical-use of nano-technologies, apparently, according to the JustScience.in web-site : «6. Nanotechnology is being incorporated in improving the effectiveness of vaccines.» ...very interesting. Most of you here also probably do not yet know very much about A.I. (Artificial-Intelligence) technology, but the problem-solving capabilities of A.I. are not to be under-estimated, and this was proven when A.I.s had ended up defeating even the world's top grand-masters in rather «complicated» board-games such as Chess and even Go and the A.I.s were even able to continue to do so (win) consistently.
Crimsọn
  1. Nano-Medicine ?3 votes
    1. I do not know anything about nano-med-technology and cannot say what I think of it yet
       0% (0 votes)
    2. I saw something like this in that God of High School animé... that is all I know though.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. I would LOVE to have these things (nano-robots) become a part of my blood-cells
       0% (0 votes)
    4. I will not believe this stuff is actually real until I *personally* look at them under a microscope
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Same as above but it needs to be with *both* a regular microscope *and* an electroscopy microscope
       0% (0 votes)
    6. I would like to know if these things are effective at protecting from diseases or even curing them !
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Definite Pseudo-Science
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Sounds to me like the best thing since sliced bread
       0% (0 votes)
    9. Such technology is still too under-developed to have any practicle medical-use yet
       0% (0 votes)
    10. Such things will never work as a bio-medical technology; the human-body rejects foreign substances !
       0% (0 votes)
    11. I am definitely willing to be a guinea-pig to further test & develop nano-medicine (for FREE!!!)
       0% (0 votes)
    12. I am willing to be a guinea-pig to further test & develop nano-medicine... only if I get paid though
       0% (0 votes)
    13. I do not trust nor want any of these things swimming around in my veins or blood-vessels
       33% (1 vote)
    14. Publications of medical or technological-advancements sometimes sounds rather «scripted» to me
       0% (0 votes)
    15. Robots? Surely they'd just «short-circuit» once they get wet & thus become inoperative/ineffective!?
       0% (0 votes)
    16. «I am MAD SCIENTIST... HUUAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!» -Rintaro Okabe【岡部倫太郎】
       33% (1 vote)
    17. Stop resisting ! The whole entire world will eventually be injected with these things anyway...
       0% (0 votes)
    18. I will definitely be looking into this more in order to learn about its pros & cons...
       0% (0 votes)
    19. Not interested
       0% (0 votes)
    20. There's no evidence that these things will actually work for medical-purposes
       0% (0 votes)
    21. This is actually the Hope of the future of medicine
       0% (0 votes)
    22. I want to know EXACTLY how all of this stuff works BEFORE I allow ANY of it into my body...
       0% (0 votes)
    23. I am WAY AHEAD of the rest of you ! I even already have an RFID chip implanted into my wrist...! ^_^
       0% (0 votes)
    24. Does not really sound that promising to me despite all the hype...
       0% (0 votes)
    25. If you think this stuff is actually a good idea then please don't make decisions regarding my health
       0% (0 votes)
    26. I find it very suspicious...
       0% (0 votes)
    27. I believe that it would be good to use this technology as part of a vaccination-programme
       0% (0 votes)
    28. I apparently have a dirty mind due to what I first thought from reading the thread-title...
       33% (1 vote)
    29. I think nano-technology can be useful but is better used for NON-medical purposes
       0% (0 votes)
    30. Nano-Technology is really NOT nearly as «impressive» as many people try to make it out to be
       0% (0 votes)
    31. Nano-Medicine is all I could ever hope for to fix all of my health & medical-problems !
       0% (0 votes)
    32. It's WOO
       0% (0 votes)
    33. Too much conflicting information about the use of nano-technologies in medicine
       0% (0 votes)
    34. YOU take it first... THEN I might consider if nothing bad happened to you in the next few months...!
       0% (0 votes)
    35. All I want to know is whether this stuff works or not
       0% (0 votes)
    36. I learned about Nano-Technology but I do not believe the claims they make about its Medical-Use
       0% (0 votes)
    37. This stuff makes the future look bright. I say we should continue to further develop Nano-Medi-Tech!
       0% (0 votes)
    38. ...other (just to be «that guy» or otherwise)
       0% (0 votes)

Comments