Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Winter Fishing Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited January 5, 2021 in Vault
Jan has returned to smelt you away with a fish-tastic request. Show off your ice fishing skills this winter by going after the Glacier Smelt to catch some cool rewards, like the new Comfortable Fishing Chair! Check out the fishy details on the webpost.

Event Dates: Thursday, January 7th After Maintenance - Thursday, January 21st, Before Maintenance
mabinogi-winter-fishing-event_newsarticleheader_940x290.jpg

Comments

• ScurvyJonesScurvyJones
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    I just hope that the Maint will fix the lag. It's been going on for awhile now and it's getting impossible to play.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I just hope that the Maint will fix the lag. It's been going on for awhile now and it's getting impossible to play.

It's traditional Christmas vacation lag. Looks like they got away with it this year because there are way less players now. :smirk:

Seriously it used to be way worse. But... that's a bad sign. :(
    WolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited January 6, 2021
    ... or maybe folks look at what they get for investing their time and have developed the fortitude to say "pass".

Honestly the only thing that even mildly interests me are the diet potions, being a giant who prefers to be a sticc rather than thicc, and all.
    CrimsọnWolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Always sticc. Though back in the day a friend was talking about how they needed to make my character eat because I looked like I was starving to death.

I remain a stick to this day.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Always sticc. Though back in the day a friend was talking about how they needed to make my character eat because I looked like I was starving to death.

I remain a stick to this day.

Sticc all the way baby.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I personally like my hips a little thicc, but not stupid thicc like some people do.

2mfK.gif
    Kensamaofmari
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    This event is cool.
    Musicat
  • HelsaHelsa
    This event is cool.

Literally, it's ice fishing; right?
    Wolfsinger
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    The Meow thinks the event itself is cool. It's just that many people who are dedicated and have been playing for years can't get interested enough, because there are few or no new rewards. Many people's loyalty level experiences a decent impact and may decrease with it. Since The Meow enjoys the process rather than the reward, he likes the event.
    WolfsingerNegumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I always look forward to this event, the rewards may not be very good but to me that is not the point of this event. sometimes after a busy event some players just want enjoy a lazy fishing event. fishing in mabi is just like fishing irl, the reward won't always be great but it is more about enjoying a stress free fishing trip. plus it is nice to see a Iria event once a while.
    WolfsingerMusicat
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Saw a man fishing backwards today.
    Still nothing on the fishing chair that was hovering six feet in the air, but it was still good for a laugh
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited January 15, 2021
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Saw a man fishing backwards today.
    Still nothing on the fishing chair that was hovering six feet in the air, but it was still good for a laugh

Science!
    Fiction
    Wolfsinger
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I mean it is a Fantasy life right? You can fish in the air, backwards, without water, etc. The possibilities are endless!

I do love a good fishing event though. Also great with the upcoming need for leathers and stuff.
    WolfsingerMusicat
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Maia wrote: »
    I mean it is a Fantasy life right? You can fish in the air, backwards, without water, etc. The possibilities are endless!

I do love a good fishing event though. Also great with the upcoming need for leathers and stuff.

I honestly enjoy the fishing events, I find them very relaxing. And typically I'm able to sell what I have no use for, SO-