Check out the patch notes for the April 15 Update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66413/patch-notes-april-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Increase the BANK limits

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 62,785
Posts: 8,269
Member
edited January 17 in Feedback and Suggestions
CJ0khfJ.png

This is an ongoing annoyance that I run into from time to time. I mean, just let me do what the hell I want. What if there is something for 1b that I wanna buy but the seller is MIA and I don't want to wait and get screwed over with greedy troll offers? Seriously, every time I put up an ad or want to buy something and people know they double the freaking price. (Especially if they know it's me). I should just be able to buy whatever the hell I want without checks. I should be able to store WAY more gold without having to buy another character card - which IMO to only store another 10m is a RIP OFF in today's in-game economy.

I propose that the bank storage limits be DOUBLED from their present limits. 40m per character for the first 10 characters and then 20m per character after that. I got enough pets and characters overloading my screen everyday. I don't want to buy more character cards just so I can store a LITTLE more gold. Gold limits should of been way more than what they are ever since the auction house update.

Please increase the bank limits NA, for the sake of anonymity and fair market. Thank you.

Comments

  • MierinMierin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 25
    Member
    Strong disagree. Increasing bank limits would only encourage the ridiculous inflation the game has.
    Not gonna pretend I know how they could fix that (other than maybe actually doing something about the people clearly botting SMs with their own alts) but this would do more harm than help.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,785
    Posts: 8,269
    Member
    edited January 17
    Sigh...

    Fine, I guess I will just have to buy BLEEP anon.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 19,640
    Posts: 4,008
    Member
    Didn't they increase the cheque size? Convert money into them. You can have characters on other accounts hold them.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    Posts: 170
    Member
    edited January 18
    Mierin wrote: »
    Strong disagree. Increasing bank limits would only encourage the ridiculous inflation the game has.
    Not gonna pretend I know how they could fix that (other than maybe actually doing something about the people clearly botting SMs with their own alts) but this would do more harm than help.
    If you think someone farming a bunch of gold from SMs with some alts is the issue, you're comically mistaken (I assume you're just talking about people using extra accounts, which is actually allowed in the ToS -- as long as no 3rd party apps are involved to allow it -- and is not "botting" because it's not automated). That amount of gold generated per hour is a drop in the ocean when literally less than 1% of the population even does it.

    The main issue is that we've artificially added three entire economies worth of gold and NX together, didn't incentivize content participation, and somehow expected prices not to adjust accordingly. There are extra problems of duplicated gold existing within the community's economy along with Nexon themselves pumping out free gold checks with these events (funny how no one is complaining about that, though -- especially the one from Jan 2020 when everyone got guaranteed gold checks of up to 7.77m x 3 per account). The Black Market is also partially responsible, because prices are translated from gold prices, meaning: if someone pays more IRL cash for an item, then the prices still adjust to that and translate back into gold. It's not as simple as "ban all the 'bots' that'll still circumvent the filters and enact more 'new account' restrictions that screw over new players more than the dang bots."

    But, I do agree that adding more gold storage wouldn't fix anything. It'd allow more players to be able to hoard more gold, meaning sellers would -- after obtaining this information -- raise their prices without worry of someone not being able to pay for their item due to gold storage restrictions. The gold storage limit has the side effect of acting like a general ceiling value for item prices.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,785
    Posts: 8,269
    Member
    edited January 18
    Mierin wrote: »
    Strong disagree. Increasing bank limits would only encourage the ridiculous inflation the game has.
    Not gonna pretend I know how they could fix that (other than maybe actually doing something about the people clearly botting SMs with their own alts) but this would do more harm than help.
    If you think someone farming a bunch of gold from SMs with some alts is the issue, you're comically mistaken (I assume you're just talking about people using extra accounts, which is actually allowed in the ToS -- as long as no 3rd party apps are involved to allow it -- and is not "botting" because it's not automated). That amount of gold generated per hour is a drop in the ocean when literally less than 1% of the population even does it.

    The main issue is that we've artificially added three entire economies worth of gold and NX together, didn't incentivize content participation, and somehow expected prices not to adjust accordingly. There are extra problems of duplicated gold existing within the community's economy along with Nexon themselves pumping out free gold checks with these events (funny how no one is complaining about that, though -- especially the one from Jan 2020 when everyone got guaranteed gold checks of up to 7.77m x 3 per account). The Black Market is also partially responsible, because prices are translated from gold prices, meaning: if someone pays more IRL cash for an item, then the prices still adjust to that and translate back into gold. It's not as simple as "ban all the 'bots' that'll still circumvent the filters and enact more 'new account' restrictions that screw over new players more than the dang bots."

    But, I do agree that adding more gold storage wouldn't fix anything. It'd allow more players to be able to hoard more gold, meaning sellers would -- after obtaining this information -- raise their prices without worry of someone not being able to pay for their item due to gold storage restrictions. The gold storage limit has the side effect of acting like a general ceiling value for item prices.

    It would allow players like me to make anonymous expensive purchases without the middle man and prevent price gouging trolls from cropping up with their troll amounts. Like if I see something on the auction house - I wish I could just BLEEPING buy it at my own discretion.

    Good example; I once wanted to buy a Bunny Hairpin, but there were none on the market. This is usually a common item and thus should be cheap BUT because of the downturn this game is experiencing as the economy gets worse (and will continue to get worse now) there are less and less players. So, I posted an ad and MIRACULOUSLY there was finally a Bunny Hairpin on the market but it was for 15m! THIS HAPPENS A LOT TO ME. Every. Single. Time. Every time I post an ad looking for an item it is NEVER posted with a reasonable price. I DEMAND ANONYMITY and don't want to spend 500 bucks to have that ability AND have my start screen overloaded!

    Like right now, I am thinking of buying a divine blade BUT I know if I post an ad the price will double (because this community hates me and has never stopped being PREJUDICE towards me. iwtwafgaad).

    THIS IS WHY. I hope you can see my point now.
  • OrangeSkyOrangeSky
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    Posts: 2
    Member
    It's not botting that's the issue, it's multi-clienting or whatever people are doing with using alts to multiply their chances with rng.

    I see people multi clienting on avalon purifications, and rn on weekends multiclienting on sidhe bc of the event. I see alts who have 3 level 30 echostones and they can sell them literally for hundreds of millions on mabi.

    Multiclienting or using mule accounts to alleviate the rng of the game can cause monopolies and power shifts and in turn make sellers and distributors of what's supposed to be hard to get more powerful and richer than someone who doesn't. It makes a giant wealth gap that would pressure people to raise prices bc they know someone who is rich can afford it and would contest others to afford it.

    The bank limit is also horrible since it doesn't reflect the economy currently, if the bank limit is to help with avoiding inflation then it has already failed. With max bank limit I can't even buy a massive despair shield with a peace of mind and anonymity. I could only buy the mats and farm my own mats, since going with others I can't just take their drops for hosting the run- unless I decide to go in with 7 alts then i'll cut a whole years worth of grind into just 2months.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,610
    Posts: 6,926
    Member
    edited January 19
    Nexon should stop making free repair events which go for months on end first, then stop giving away 5m-100m checks in their events as well. Then MAYBE inflation wouldn't be as bad. But Nexon doesn't care i see, they should take example from Runescape developers. At least they try to regulate game's economy.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,785
    Posts: 8,269
    Member
    edited January 19
    If you have suggestions for mitigating inflation you should start another suggestions thread.

    Thank you.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,610
    Posts: 6,926
    Member
    edited January 19
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    If you have suggestions for mitigating inflation you should start another suggestions thread.

    Thank you.

    You are welcome.

    In conclusion, this game is not ready to let people freely store any amount of gold in their banks any time soon. And I'm glad if it keeps on to be like this, because you know it's because of the issues we addressed above.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,270
    Posts: 189
    Member
    What about something like the Gold Bar/Bullion item in Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle (aka Dark Cloud 2)? Basically, it's item with a sell value that's equal to its purchase price that essentially allows you to store extra money as an item.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 19,640
    Posts: 4,008
    Member
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    What about something like the Gold Bar/Bullion item in Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle (aka Dark Cloud 2)? Basically, it's item with a sell value that's equal to its purchase price that essentially allows you to store extra money as an item.

    Aren't Dead Bee's that?
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,150
    Posts: 693
    Member
    /perks up upon seeing yet another MONEY-related post...! O_O

    Time to introduce different types of currencies, such as Block-Chain-style Crypto-Currencies, via a Quantum-Financial-System ! Also, End the Fed, and other stuff like that which Ron Paul might say. Okay, okay, but, seriously (not that I wasn't already intending to respond in a serious manner), why is Gold the only «Universal» currency in this world, anyway ? Ever notice how the Gold has no denominations ? Most coin-based economies usually have a combination of copper, silver, gold, even platinum-coins.

    Out in the/our «real» world, gold-backed financial-systems actually keep the prices and the economy stable, such that the 100$ that you might stash under your bed today would still have its 100$ purchasing power even 200 years from now (but, when usury is involved, and the $$$ is backed by literally nothing, that is when «inflation» happens). Just be glad that the Mabi-Economy isn't owned and controlled by criminal-banksters like the Rothschilds who engage in a practice called «predatory lending» to nations (and thus acting like Loan-Sharks... I hope you Americans figure out that any «Martial Law» that may soon befall your land, and perhaps even the rest of the entire world, is directly related to the U.S. having a 27$US debt, and do you know what Loan-Sharks DO to their contract-debtors who do not pay back the loans...? Well...? DO ya!? O_O).

    Also, in responding to he who says that multi-clienters are causing «inflation» because of their high-efficiency mining/grinding of Echo-Stones, not to come across as rude or insulting, but you are very wrong about that sort of thing causing inflation. If anything, that sort of thing is what actually lowers the price of goods, due to the increased «productive» capabilities of what makes it even available on the market at all, otherwise the prices would actually be FAR higher than what you see. Are you new here as well as new to how the «real world» works or did you simply make a second forum-account given your two-post count ? Let me explain. Computers used to have SKY-HIGH costs compared to what they cost now. Mass-Production was what allowed the prices of otherwise super-expensive computers/electronics to become available and affordable to the «common folk» rather than being solely for Aristocrats, Upper-Class-men, and other members of society who are regarded as so-called Wealthy...

    I can give you another example of that in the Mabi-Universe; multi-client/multi-character farming of Holy Waters. DO you seriously think/believe that the cost of Stacks of Holy Waters goes UP because of multi-clienters using multiple characters to be able to list Stacks of Holy Waters onto the A-H ? (And in Kiosks and Personal-Shops for good measure) I guarantee you that if multiple people were using multiple clients (because it's not that terribly impossible to be able to own multiple computers/laptops in this day-and-age) and multiple characters to keep a constant stock of eggs/potatoes/corn & park them all at Castanea, especially if they were in «competition» with/against one another, the prices for the Holy Water Stacks would actually go down... same with who-ever may be Echo-Stone-farming as you put it; their efforts would actually make Echo-Stones more affordable for «peon» Milletians like you and I (although in all fairness I no doubt have more comprehensive knowledge and thus much more accurate knowledge about how markets and economies actually work [keep in mind though that I have also put in literally thousands of hours into studying the histories of banking and financial-systems which is actually far beyond what college-educated people typically have in their knowledge-repertoire]).

    Also, for those of you who haven't noticed or figured this out yet, Crimson is a highly dedicated Milletian in Mabinogi. I doubt she even plays anything else... I would even say that all her «game-time» consists entirely of Mabinogi. That amount of time/dedication will get you towards what many people call «end-game» faster and thus make the gathering/collection of raw-materials that much faster & more efficient (and ultimately drive costs down). Whilst, certainly, a dedicated group of «market-snipers/hoarder» or whatever they're called could cause artificial-inflation by creating a market-monopoly by auto-buying out all of the stocks of whatever they wish to jack up the price for (similarly to those Wikipedia-hijackers who want to force their ideological-monopoly into the search-results), the farming/manufacturing of goods/products is not the cause of the inflation, but, rather, cartel-regime-style operations that would be causing inflation, but you'd seriously have to be some sort of tin-foil hat conspiracy theorist to actually believe that there are groups of Milletians jacking up and manipulating the market-prices and unfairly shut out anybody else from being a competitor.
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    <snip>
    Please increase the bank limits NA, for the sake of anonymity and fair market. Thank you.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,785
    Posts: 8,269
    Member
    Oh God, bleep this thread...
  • MaybenogMaybenog
    Post: 1
    Member
    How the real world works does not apply remotely to how mabi market works, people do not abide to supply and demand on mabi like the real world. The issue here is the power dynamic, the reason why the real world market is healthy is because there is a control that is competition. When only a small group of people are capable of distribution or control of the market of course it's gonna go haywire, just look back on history of monopolies, if apple were the only ones making smart phones it's expected their value to skyrocket, but apple has competitors and so they are forced to lower their price. We're also talking about people not real companies or business men, mabi can't even be considered a modern world market since there are bartering and trades and arbitrary and uncontrolled applied value to various things to different people. Unless every person in mabinogi multiclients then the market will become might become more stable than it is by creating competition.

    One thing I agree with is that people multiclienting do have some positives, in that we have more materials in the market and that can help the growth of the player base. Keep in mind this isn't the real world, it's a game, individuals can create fluctuations in the market that retrospective studies on the real world cannot predict. A counterexample to your point is the common and cheap item from AH suddenly becomes 15m even though it's supposed to be a common item from the OP's experience, or how some people don't even think about the price they are selling at they just wanna get rid of it and down sell it even if it is rare hence making analogies to the real world is not exactly cogent.

    Also I've been reading mabinogi forums since 2005. I didn't have a forums account until just recently to actually post.
This discussion has been closed.