Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Another gold-sink idea

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Feedback and Suggestions
Simple, make regular dyes, you know the kind where it's randomly one of five chosen colours, available for gold through NPC's at a price modest enough that even poor players would be willing to buy.
Sherri

Comments

• NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Then what are they gonna give me on sundays?
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Nemesis wrote: »

You mean what happens to our Sunday income.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited December 24, 2020

The community thanks you for your sacrifice.
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Helsa wrote: »

We're gonna start charging more for dyes now
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited December 24, 2020

Our sacrifice, comrade. :^)
    (Proceeds to confiscate all your direct dyes for the good of the people.)
    This idea is gonna backfire, if implemented. People will just buy those dyes and synth them into new dyes, thus killing the dye market with higher dye supply. You didn't "gold sink" anyone except the already poor; you just simply made poor people even poorer.
  • HelsaHelsa

This idea is gonna backfire, if implemented. People will just buy those dyes and synth them into new dyes, thus killing the dye market with higher dye supply. You didn't "gold sink" anyone except the already poor; you just simply made poor people even poorer.

The capitalist running dogs will be first against the wall come the revolution.
    The idea is that then anyone can participate, the richer you are the more you can buy. If people can synth dyes, no problem, then anyone can; everyone wins. BTW can the random-1-in-5 dyes be used for that synth recipe, I thought it was flashys?

The idea is that then anyone can participate, the richer you are the more you can buy. If people can synth dyes, no problem, then anyone can; everyone wins. BTW can the random-1-in-5 dyes be used for that synth recipe, I thought it was flashys?

me: "bark, bark"
    BTW can the random-1-in-5 dyes be used for that synth recipe, I thought it was flashys?
    Anything that's a "Fixed Color Dye Ampoule" is claimed to be useable in the synthesis by the Wiki. I was mistaken in thinking the VIP service gave out "Fixed Color Dye Ampoules" as opposed to "Dye Ampoules." SMH.

I now support your idea. :^)
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    I've been wondering if it's feasible to create a gold sink by letting players buy stat points. I wouldn't know the cap for it, and I wouldnt know how much a point should cost, but that's what game devs are for.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa

me: "bark, bark"
    BTW can the random-1-in-5 dyes be used for that synth recipe, I thought it was flashys?
    Anything that's a "Fixed Color Dye Ampoule" is claimed to be useable in the synthesis by the Wiki. I was mistaken in thinking the VIP service gave out "Fixed Color Dye Ampoules" as opposed to "Dye Ampoules." SMH.

I now support your idea. :^)
    I've said it before, I'll say it again: I can never stay mad at you! :P
  • HelsaHelsa
    At the risk of angry gamers actually showing up at my door, replacing the grindy markets, that people use to get ahead, with NPC's would reduce the Auction House prices for the high-end gacha items, and so on, that people crave. It would do so in two ways:
    - First, drawing people to buy necessities via NPC's is a gold sink; it destroys gold. Go to NPC to buy Holy Water, materials, and so on.
    - Second, because this would destroy the livelihood of many folks, in order to compete they would have to charge less than NPCs do, and make a living based on the margin between what NPC will buy them for and sell them for. So then, overall, the player base will earn less gold and so have less gold. This will lower the money supply and will lower the prices.

Of course this will lead to more gold getting via drops, which creates new gold, rather than just moving gold around as these markets do, meaning an increase in the money supply and so inflation. But if more and more necessities are gotten via NPC's then we would have more gold sinks to mitigate that.

By making, say, Holy Water available through NPC purchase then this is one less way to turn time into gold. More to spend gold on, less gold earned, directly effecting both ends of the flow of money into and out of the economy.

Or ... nevermind, don't do any of that and earn more but spend more.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Amaraz wrote: »
    I've been wondering if it's feasible to create a gold sink by letting players buy stat points. I wouldn't know the cap for it, and I wouldnt know how much a point should cost, but that's what game devs are for.

They'll be very expensive stat points, but I can see it. Or buy AP points with it. Y'know the ones you get after completing dailies. For some reason I have an odd number of them, so I always have 1 extra.
    edited January 22, 2021
    Amaraz wrote: »

This kind of suggestion honestly is why I'm usually so blunt and harsh towards people regarding combat aspects of Mabinogi: they flippantly put out ideas that don't seem to reflect any experience whatsoever in actual gameplay and put close to zero effort into thinking it through (outside of want benefits them most).