Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nuckalavee's attack needs to be an emote....

PolicromaPolicroma
Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
edited January 21, 2021 in General Chat
^Topic.

Comments

• dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    As per tradition a generation boss has to be as annoying as possible =)
    though being ranged seems to be a much better strat then full on melee due to the lovely infinite loop of knockback stun into tornado until death.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Yeah, you're right. While fighting it I was thinking the fight would be an *enormous* pain if you didn't have decent ranged skills/gear.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The other thing was that Hymerark's Whisper debuff you get.
    That drain on all three of your bars gets pretty rough.

Those tornadoes were a menace, though.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    The fight was pretty straight forward, just the Hymerark's Whisper was annoying. Just be a human and Final Hit until whale flees or dies
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh yeah, and I didn't see for myself, but what happens if you don't outrun that black hole attack?
    Is it just instant KO?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Oh yeah, and I didn't see for myself, but what happens if you don't outrun that black hole attack?
    Is it just instant KO?

Yep.

Popping a Speed Pot should be enough to get out regardless of where it spawns.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    I admit I'm a clutz as far as the black hole goes...

But I had plenty of Soul Stones from various events stashed away.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I just fh'd, as usual. Done with G25 and already got all the new skills to rank 1.

More content please. :D
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100

Popping a Speed Pot should be enough to get out regardless of where it spawns.

You don't even need a speed pot, normal human speed in one direction should be enough to escape. Might take more effort and consume a pinch more time though..
  • AltaiAltai
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    The Nuckalavee fight just needs to be thought through a little bit more. I'm an Elf main and I do use range so it definitely helps a ton for this fight, but Hymerark's whisper bit where it drains your MP/Stam is brutal. I recommend using a Burning Flame Crystal so you don't get pot poisoned to the point where all your stats are depleted. The black hole part when you need to hit the pillars though was utterly frustrating, yes I got the hang of it and knew how to time it after a few tries but I found it's utterly ridiculous that they thought it'd be a good idea to have them spawn somewhat randomly near the pillars where there's stairs you can get stuck on easily. The dang stars and pillars were what got me killed the most because it just kept glitching or it'd clip me right through it and instantly kill me. The map choice is beautiful and I love it, just wish it was thought out more since it's so finicky when it comes to the black holes/tornados cuz you can get stuck or clip through the map and then it usually results in instant death. It was a fun fight despite how difficult and grindy it is.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 9, 2021
    Least it's not Black Moon Cromm Cruaich. Now that battle is hot garbage. Litteraly everything is on FIRE lagging your system to hell needlessly. I don't know what they put into that particle system but HOLY BLEEP. lol. These boss battles just keep getting worse and worse. They are definitely far from being of sound design.
    AltaiWolfsinger
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    Lousy stupid space whale. The more they keep making these boss fights complete garbage, the less inclined I am to do them with my other characters. Whoever thought that Whisper debuff was a good idea seriously needs to reconsider their everything.