Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Glyphs all 3 star

ThePravinThePravin
Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
in Help
I'm doing the quests for the new glyph skills and am at the part where it wants me to use the formulation skill. I can only use formulation on 2 star glyphs however any time I create an imprint it always comes out 3 star am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• EsutericEsuteric
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Can you clarify again what quest it is you are doing again? I feel like I know which part you are on but my assumption might be wrong.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    edited January 22, 2021
    It's the one after you get the second book. The first time you actually have to use the formulation skill but I can't use it because I can't make any that are only one or two stars.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    ThePravin wrote: »
    It's the one after you get the second book. The first time you actually have to use the formulation skill but I can't use it because I can't make any that are only one or two stars.

I have a feeling you advanced your other skill ranks too far too quickly.
    It's kind of hard to make 2* imprints with anything above rF everything, Lore included.

But Imprints are tradeable so you can either:
    1) Receive a 2* Imprint from another player or
    2) Use skill reset capsules (or reset all skills at Duncan) to bring your glyph skills down to rF until you can make a 2* Imprint
    2) Go on another character on your account, learn the skills all rF on them and design your own Imprints, and you should get 2* within a few attempts. Then you can just transfer it through a pet for your other character to use.

It's a bit of a hassle, but you'll need those 2* Imprints for the first bunch of ranks of Glyph Formulation.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    All my skills were rank F still :/ but I did just have my friend make me a two star then I trained out of it. Does int play a role in it because I do have a crazy int level.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    ThePravin wrote: »
    All my skills were rank F still :/ but I did just have my friend make me a two star then I trained out of it. Does int play a role in it because I do have a crazy int level.

I'm actually not sure on the Intelligence affecting it part.
    You could Potion Poison down to 0 int (or use Berserk if Human/Giant) and test, but since you've gotten past the block it probably doesn't matter as much.