Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thank you for Chapter 7! :)

Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
edited January 22, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
I just thought I'd change the tide a bit from criticism to praise and say I thought your work on G22 - G25's plot was magnificent! I loved the atmosphere of the story and I appreciated the effort put into conveying the sense of hopelessness and struggle of "Armageddon." I love how things like Mag Mell were worked into the story and how backgrounds of certain characters were explained! I love how prior events and even forgotten characters were weaved back into the modern plot! I loved the new characters in themselves who were introduced, both villains and heroes; their complexity fleshed them out well enough to make a lot of them very relatable! (Favorites from Armageddon are Tani, Etain, Fodla, Beimnech, and Manannan!) I like the difficulty of the boss fights; all of them were fun for me to play through and I enjoyed the Tech Duinn content introduced (I was always hoping for more)! I liked the concept of Techniques and how we built upon them (though a distinct handful of Techniques were disappointing, like Shield and Pragarah)!

I wish you let us keep the age-changing effects of the Glyphwriting Talent Parchments, though!

I'm glad to see you're still expanding the plot beyond even time itself and introducing even more fearsome threats to Erinn!

Thank you for this chapter! I enjoyed reading it all and playing through it over the last two years! I hope the next chapter will be even better and I hope we can meet Tani again as someone more amazing and also powerful!
  1. Did you also like the Armageddon chapter?4 votes
    1. Yes!
       25% (1 vote)
    2. Nope!
       75% (3 votes)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I did.
    And I'm really interested in where the sideplots of Mag Mell, the Queen of the Fairies, and Manannan go from here.
    I also really liked seeing the Squires outside of the Gate. And of course all the bonus dialogue you can get by talking to NPCs nearby that aren't the one the current quest asks you to talk to.
    Also think it was interesting how they even worked in failing during missions and stuff work, from a story perspective.
    I'm sure there were plot points that flew over my head, but I liked this chapter.
    I'm looking forward to where it goes from here.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    The story itself was pretty good and I liked the idea of bringing back Balor who was a big deal in Celtic mythology, but the gameplay of the story was horrible. They made everything in this chapter needlessly difficult, and threw in the Tech Duinn crap and made it a point to make it something to force people to work together, but all it did was isolate people who weren't around to join groups who regularly do this. You can't get the stuff you need without help, and random people coming back to the game basically get left out because people only do the Tech Duinn missions with people they know can handle it. The game design of a lot of things that have been introduced since this chapter began have been horrible. So many things have been unbalanced, the balance of skillsets is completely out of whack, and they really need to update the damn game engine because of all the stuff they've added over the last few years. It's gotten to the point where I don't even care to play the game anymore, and it seems whenever I log in, there's even more new stuff for me to have to figure out because I don't play this game regularly anymore. However, I may not like a lot of the things that have been introduced, but a lot of people seem to enjoy it, so good for them. I'm not one to knock people who enjoy something I don't like, so keep on enjoying the game.

But, this chapter did a lot of good as well. I liked certain introductions like I enjoyed the concept of Balor, and I enjoyed how the villains of this arc have been put together, and that each one is unique in its own way (with many drawing on inspiration from Celtic mythology like Balor, Cethlenn, and Mannannan). A lot of people will hear me say G18 is where this game should have ended, but Chapter 7 was worth it in some respects. The biggest thing I liked was the introduction of techniques, giving a new system of abilities that were supposed to add some complexities to your skills (though I don't think they were implemented properly, and they got a little boring in later generations), and seemed like a good idea overall to add some new depth to your skillsets. The revamp of the spirit weapons was another great addition to this chapter, and I loved that they brought back the Aces back into the story. I haven't played through G24 because I couldn't pass the beginning missions, so I haven't made it to G25, but I do like a lot of the characters that have been introduced so far, including the villains. If it weren't for excruciating difficulty and the Tech Duinn missions, I would have actually enjoyed this chapter a lot. I didn't like the idea at first, but after G23, I guess i started liking the story a little more. This generation has felt like it's had stakes far greater than anything we've seen before compared to other stories, as it feels less like the group is trying to take over the world, and more like they want to destroy it completely.

I hope that this game can grow and become entertaining again, as I did enjoy this game, but I haven't been able to enjoy it recently. I hope future storylines will learn from the good this story did, and steer away from the bad this story did. I can only hope that future generations will get better, and hopefully Nexon and Devcat will learn what good game design is.
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Meh nope sorry G25 felt very generic and just borderline uninteresting and abit cliche

All i can say is thank god they are done with "this" mess and can bloody work on the game to make it better now

x.x
    I just thought I'd change the tide a bit from criticism to praise and say I thought your work on G22 - G25's plot was magnificent! I loved the atmosphere of the story and I appreciated the effort put into conveying the sense of hopelessness and struggle of "Armageddon." I love how things like Mag Mell were worked into the story and how backgrounds of certain characters were explained! I love how prior events and even forgotten characters were weaved back into the modern plot! I loved the new characters in themselves who were introduced, both villains and heroes; their complexity fleshed them out well enough to make a lot of them very relatable! (Favorites from Armageddon are Tani, Etain, Fodla, Beimnech, and Manannan!) I like the difficulty of the boss fights; all of them were fun for me to play through and I enjoyed the Tech Duinn content introduced (I was always hoping for more)! I liked the concept of Techniques and how we built upon them (though a distinct handful of Techniques were disappointing, like Shield and Pragarah)!

I wish you let us keep the age-changing effects of the Glyphwriting Talent Parchments, though!

I'm glad to see you're still expanding the plot beyond even time itself and introducing even more fearsome threats to Erinn!

Thank you for this chapter! I enjoyed reading it all and playing through it over the last two years! I hope the next chapter will be even better and I hope we can meet Tani again as someone more amazing and also powerful!