Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Glyphwriting QOL Suggestions

Angelhappy43Angelhappy43
Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
edited January 24, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
I love the new talent which I got to GM Glyphwriting and being able to have neat effects. After talking with some friends, thought it would be neat to start a thread of suggestions in near futures that can be implemented that would be nice to have for Glyph-writing

-Be able to save designs that one personally makes and do it over again, a maximum of maybe top 5 or 10(can increase by rank)? saved designs
-When fragmenting Glyphs, batch fragging where instead of it being fragged one at a time, at least 10 or 20 since there is queue option.

This is just a starting point, but would love to hear others' inputs. ^^
  1. How do you like the new talent set, Glyphwriting?8 votes
    1. Love it
       88% (7 votes)
    2. Hate it
       0% (0 votes)
    3. What is this?
       13% (1 vote)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    It's ok, this talent had some potential but ultimately it's not going to be something I will actually use with everything else that is available.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited January 27, 2021
    Saving designs was the first thing I thought about when I realized how intricate designs would become. As it stands, you either choose efficient Glyph-making and use simple designs or choose to forsake quality for aesthetic (unless RNG blesses you with both).
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    It's ok, this talent had some potential but ultimately it's not going to be something I will actually use with everything else that is available.

You're not going to use free dps/ultilty buffs that last 2 minutes at the low cost of tapping two hot keys and occasionally fragging junk glyphs you don't want ?
    Are you planning to complain about "difficult content" in another thread anytime soon?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I was just thinking about this!
    I'd love to be able to save designs as, like, "Custom Presets" or something.

Bonus points if you could save the design on a Glyph or Imprint that another player made.
    Though I guess in that case, they could make it like Composing where the author can check a box to say "private" to like disallow others from saving it to their custom presets. I'm sure some artists out there would appreciate that option.
  • AlcmaeonAlcmaeon
    Mabinogi Rep: 515
    +1 I take a decent amount of time designing some of the glyphs only for them to end up being 4* imprints. It's sometimes disheartening to take a good amount of time designing something and not finding much use out of it.
  • OverlordGodOverlordGod
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Saving designs as preset would be definetily something I would have expected this talent to have to begin with. Was sorta disappointed to see that wasn't the case, hopefully this will become feature as making your own design just to make 4 star or regular 5 star imprint is kinda letdown, because those glyphs formulated from them end up being fragmented eventually when you get those orange 5 star imprints with level 10's... Although it's fun little talent to show some creativity.
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    I'm fine with there not being a save function since it adds an element of skill to designing glyphs, but scrolls that end up not being 5 red stars are less than worthless because you cannot mass-formulate them. It's simply not worth the time clicking repeatedly to make certain duds given how long it takes to turn them into fragments as well. How about we agree to all glyphs produced after a formulation instead of one at a time? I honestly don't see the difference since they're going to be from the same design anyway.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    Pip-Boy wrote: »
    I'm fine with there not being a save function since it adds an element of skill to designing glyphs, but scrolls that end up not being 5 red stars are less than worthless because you cannot mass-formulate them. It's simply not worth the time clicking repeatedly to make certain duds given how long it takes to turn them into fragments as well. How about we agree to all glyphs produced after a formulation instead of one at a time? I honestly don't see the difference since they're going to be from the same design anyway.

So, add a "Queue" feature like the other life skills? Okay.
    And, also, add design saving. Do both. :)
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    A few QOLs that would really improve the whole design aspect:

- Save presets. Of course, we will want to use some designs we've made again.
    -Let us save those presets by using depleted imprints. Let them get some use! We can fragment glyphs, but we cannot recycle paper, in this age?
    -Add varying thickness for the straight line. That it is thicker than most of the empty shapes is unnerving.
    -For that matter, why not adding a curved line as well?
    -Fill / Hollow tools. Cause some lines are sometimes too much, or not enough.
    -Snap to grid option for shapes. would make things better to align! An advanced grid could be nice too.
    -Let us copy, mirror, and rotate individual shapes, or a group; not just the whole thing.
    -Shape order: why is there not a 'push to top' option, like with pet list?
    -As it is now, it is eternal clicks back and forth, and since the same shapes have the same names, it can become hard to see which is which... Highlighting the selected shape, rather than just seeing where it is anchored and being able to adjust its size, would be nice.