Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elf and Giant marriage hint?

EvielickyEvielicky
Mabinogi Rep: 970
edited February 2, 2021 in General Chat
We already have Atrata and Taunes love relationship but there could be another love between elf and giant. I think Nexon is hinting a love relationship between Murielle and Bhatair? I skim through g25 dialogue kinda fast but I think Murielle might have feelings for Bhatair vice versa.

It's only a matter of time before Nexon makes it legal for elf and giant to marry each other right??? 4TH RACE CONFIRM AFTER THT????? MAKE IT HAPPEN NEXON. I WANT MORE HYBRIDS!!

-ignore that last part kbye~
Altai
  1. YES???10 votes
    1. ELF AND GIANT BABIESSSSSS
       20% (2 votes)
    2. no more new race plz
       0% (0 votes)
    3. plz legalize elf and giant marriage
       60% (6 votes)
    4. get out of forum plz
       20% (2 votes)

Comments

• AltaiAltai
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Not only Elf & Giant marriage but can Giants pick up elves already pls? Lol maybe allow elves to bridal carry humans LOL That'd be cool! All of this from above and more pls Nx!
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Altai wrote: »
    Not only Elf & Giant marriage but can Giants pick up elves already pls? Lol maybe allow elves to bridal carry humans LOL That'd be cool! All of this from above and more pls Nx!

This
    WolfsingerCrimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    DWARVES!
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Yeah I totally want to see an elf and giant get freaky. :trollface:
  • HelsaHelsa
    They /should/ have introduced E/G marriage during Romeo and Juliette; it would've made sense.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Helsa wrote: »
    They /should/ have introduced E/G marriage during Romeo and Juliette; it would've made sense.

Well it would make sense now.

And damnit I want a romantic relationship with Altam to happen.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 5, 2021
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

Well it would make sense now.

And damnit I want a romantic relationship with Altam to happen.

Boom chicka boom bow wah!
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    in a post I did in the past I did say that an npc somehow looks like a giant+ elf mix (please don't necro it)
    but somebody said that he has goblin eyes so maybe he's a giant+goblin mix (which is even weirder)

(for the second time please just don't necro the old post, I could have copied the part of the post that mentions it but I dont think it would make any sense here)
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    I also want to comment about the fact that "Friend Summon Capsule" is somewhat racist because it prevents me from summoning another race just because I'm currently supporting the other race, "Friend Summon Capsule" are very useful for me until I found out about this racist twist to it. Sure it does match the lore but its weird to have an item that somewhat promotes racial discrimination when taken out of context. Even its description makes it imply that players of different race or support deferent race are not considered friends. Maybe it shouldn't be called "Friend Summon Capsule" and be called "Racial Support Summon Capsule". Typing this made me feel like I'm one of those twitter people that takes things out of context and starts making weird accusations and stuff.(I don't like those people or become one of them, some do make sense but most of them are just clout chasers)
    Altai
  • AltaiAltai
    edited February 6, 2021
    I agree with ^ all the above. In a game where you can be/do "whatever you want " then why can't elves and giants marry? It's 2021 can we get some equality up in this game already with at least marriage and friend summon capsules update? Like yeah it made sense 8+ years ago or whenever it was when the Giants and Elves were at each other's throats and were sworn enemies, and it was fun to try and enter the towns as a player who supports the opposing side/is the other race and try to get through the NPC defenses. But now that that is not a thing anymore and they have sort of made amends, it should get updated. Giants and Elves should be able to marry. It would mean that EVG would have to be revamped in a way but it overall would make the game more enjoyable if you asked me. I'm honestly so over this elf/giant discrimination because it really does affect players much more than you'd think. As an Elf main I can confirm this. (For anyone who goes, "well if you don't wanna deal with the in game discrimination turn into a human", I dunno about you but I don't want to do G18-G25 all over again, trade unlock all my gear, re-purchase event titles and all that fun jazz of restarting fresh with a new character.)
    Side note about EVG revamping, PVP needs to be revamped anyways in the first place since ego bleed is a thing as well as other broken stuff in EVG/PVP so like.. You already need to revamp PVP so revamp EVG aswell Nexon.
    Just do a Bhatair & Murielle marriage event/update where all of this is made into a reality and big celebration? Seems like a pretty genius idea to me.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Altai wrote: »
    . . . In a game where you can be/do "whatever you want " then why can't elves and giants marry? It's 2021 . . .
    Well, exactly. To put this into perspective, instead of the labels: Elf, Giant, and Human, substitute the labels of folks of the different continents of Earth in which-ever way makes it the most clear to one as to why this is a problem. Fix this already.
    Altai
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    edited February 6, 2021
    I think the best way for nexon and the devs to approach this without ruining the games lore and maybe even add a new twist to it is to give us a storyline quest that can be unlocked after completing a certain generation or chapter and by completing this new storyline removes the restricted interracial interactions. I think its a better approach than simply removing the whole thing it may also offer some kind of motivation for some to complete generations and could be a good improvement to the lore.

The new storyline could be about elves and giants arriving into an agreement and ending the war where the milletian would either spearhead or assist this development. Maybe giant and elf expeditionary forces will be involved, maybe introduce new npc's from them and since the main reason this post exist is marriage between elves and giant maybe they could involve romance into the storyline. Maybe the generation where the Heart of Courcle was found which lead to giants and elves agreeing to work together in order to protect Erinn would be a good place to add this new storyline. I haven't done g23, g24, g25 yet and I'm not gonna read spoilers in wiki about it so if the conflict between elves and giant plays an important role on those generations then maybe the storyline could be added on a much later generation or maybe have a complete chapter directly involved in it. This new giant and elf storyline may end up revealing the past and reasons how the conflict started maybe we will find out the true reason why Castanea erases the memories of her people or why black haired elves are considered harbinger of disasters and maybe encounter and fight against the cult that hunts them. And since the war between them in Iria is greatly influenced by the existence of dragons it could also be a good start into revamping dragon raids. (I miss dragon raids) new skills may allow elves to grant certain number of giant and human players in the party temporarily be hidden given that they are close to an elf using hide, at the same time this will allow giants to either grant human and elf players in the party some kind of heavy stander stat boost or something even more fun allow giants to throw elf and human players instantly moving them into a certain area making giants into a moving catapult (yes this one will be very fun), as for humans maybe we could grant giant and elf players in a party temporary abilities of dark knight or paladin maybe something like protective light or darkness boost something like that. this new skills will be called party support skills or something. (I don't we humans have much to offer to elves and giants)

anyways this comment is probably much more suited in suggestions but I'll have u guys decide that
    Altai
  • HelsaHelsa
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    I think the best way for nexon and the devs to approach this without ruining the games lore and maybe even add a new twist to it is to give us a storyline quest that can be unlocked after completing a certain generation or chapter and by completing this new storyline removes the restricted interracial interactions. I think its a better approach than simply removing the whole thing it may also offer some kind of motivation for some to complete generations and could be a good improvement to the lore.

The new storyline could be about elves and giants arriving into an agreement and ending the war where the milletian would either spearhead or assist this development. Maybe giant and elf expeditionary forces will be involved, maybe introduce new npc's from them and since the main reason this post exist is marriage between elves and giant maybe they could involve romance into the storyline. Maybe the generation where the Heart of Courcle was found which lead to giants and elves agreeing to work together in order to protect Erinn would be a good place to add this new storyline. I haven't done g23, g24, g25 yet and I'm not gonna read spoilers in wiki about it so if the conflict between elves and giant plays an important role on those generations then maybe the storyline could be added on a much later generation or maybe have a complete chapter directly involved in it. This new giant and elf storyline may end up revealing the past and reasons how the conflict started maybe we will find out the true reason why Castanea erases the memories of her people or why black haired elves are considered harbinger of disasters and maybe encounter and fight against the cult that hunts them. And since the war between in Iria is greatly influenced by the existence of dragons it could also be a good start into revamping dragon raids. (I miss dragon raids) new skills may allow elves to grant certain number of giant and human players in the party temporarily be hidden given that they are close to an elf using hide, at the same time this will allow giants to either grant human and elf players in the party some kind of heavy stander stat boost or something even more fun allow giants to throw elf and human players instantly moving them into a certain area making giants into a moving catapult (yes this one will be very fun), as for humans maybe we could grant giant and elf players in a party temporary abilities of dark knight or paladin maybe something like protective light or darkness boost something like that. this new skills will be called party support skills or something. (I don't we humans have much to offer to elves and giants)

anyways this comment is probably much more suited in suggestions but I'll have u guys decide that

That's an interesting idea. In the past, the two races were at war and this was reflected in the game where the city guards would kill you. It's not the case now. Of course you'd want to avoid situations where E&G that have not completed the quest get gunned down by the city guards in the same town right beside the ones that have not having that happen to them; that would violate logic. This was one of the reasons why I suggested a while back a Generation involving time travel; to visit the old Vales and Filia. I liked the look of old Filia it was more like a Pueblo village, smaller and less bombastic.

noobodyzxz
  • AltaiAltai
    I was kind of thinking like the same thing. Add a chapter or like side chapter, something like that so that we can get a back story that eventually leads to the equality of marriage. Maybe after completing the chapter you can pick in the options menu, say you're human; side with elves, side with giants or Side with Equality. This could affect EVG then and make it so you could pick whatever you wanted if you're human. And then if you're a giant or elf you can just have the EVG On/Off ,Side with Equality On/Off or just have it so if you have EVG off it auto means you sided with Equality (just ideas all of these can be tweaked ofc). This is just an idea since I know allowing the equal marriage would heavily affect EVG lovers. Perhaps after completion of this generation or chapter would then unlock the option for this setting. Not only would this encourage players to actually look at their settings but also encourage players to do their gens/chapters. Doing this could just ultimately unlock so much potential for Nexon to just dig deeper into the lore and game itself. There's just so many different routes and ways they could go with in approaching this whole subject! It actually would make me personally really excited to read what happends in the gen/chapter if they did this because it directly affects you as the player heavily then, esp if you're and elf/giant. So much potential Lore!! I hope devs/mods/nexon in general looks over this and honestly considers it. One can dream right? A company grows the best when they listen to their audience *HINT HINT*
    Name alternatives for Side with Equality could also be like, Side with Peace. Idk there's a ton of different ways they could go about this! All I know is this makes me excited. I know people who are Elves/Giants that would love to get married and this talk of marriage equality is getting them excited and giving them hope for the future!!
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    This is a topic that's always interesting for me to watch.... I don't care personally either way, never been much bothered by it as an elf main, but it is minorly entertaining to listen to the ideas and thoughts on it. Though some of the arguments for it do make me laugh and cringe alternately.....XD
    I think if it can be done without throwing over lore and stuffs it'd be good. Be nice to get some new races and things in too, while I'm dreaming XD
    Altai
  • AltaiAltai
    I mean if we do a lot of the thinking out for Nx it makes it a little easier *insert eye emoji here*. We can dream though lol! I would love to see any of this revamped. Would be really exciting!