Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What's the first skill you got to rank 1?

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited February 10, 2021 in General Chat
Mine was so long ago that I can't remember for sure. I think it was Production Mastery but it might've been Critical Hit.

How 'bout y'all? Oh, and did it happen organically or did you specifically train it? In my case they were organic.
Adeno

Comments

• AdenoAdeno
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,595
    Mine was definitely Windmill :D I specifically trained Windmill because at the time (2008/2009) it was the most useful skill for a warrior type like me. It used to drain your health each time you used it, so I normally cleared dungeons and content while naked haha :D It's also the first skill I got to Dan 3. When I returned to the game last year, the first thing I noticed was that Windmill never depletes your health anymore, and it was something that made me happy! Too bad I don't have pictures of when I first got Windmill master with a pile of dead zombies, but here's a random picture during one of the Dan tests :)

LA9cURE.jpg

Here's an album of pictures from 2009 and 2020. Too bad imgur messed up the upload so they're not in chronological order anymore.

https://imgur.com/a/qqzgvmx
    Crimsọn
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Lightningbolt. Everything was capped at 6, and I was a thunder mage. After update that uncapped everything, I trained lightningbolt on bears to rank 1 that evening, then worked on thunder afterward.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 12, 2021
    Adeno wrote: »
    Mine was definitely Windmill :D I specifically trained Windmill because at the time (2008/2009) it was the most useful skill for a warrior type like me. It used to drain your health each time you used it, so I normally cleared dungeons and content while naked haha :D It's also the first skill I got to Dan 3. When I returned to the game last year, the first thing I noticed was that Windmill never depletes your health anymore, and it was something that made me happy! Too bad I don't have pictures of when I first got Windmill master with a pile of dead zombies, but here's a random picture during one of the Dan tests :)

LA9cURE.jpg

Here's an album of pictures from 2009 and 2020. Too bad imgur messed up the upload so they're not in chronological order anymore.

https://imgur.com/a/qqzgvmx

I'm really curious how you manage to r1 Windmill first without getting r1 Combat Mastery one. Literally by doing any combat i get r1 on this lmao.
    Helsa
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Icebolt I think.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I feel like it was Icebolt. That was definitely the first combat-related skill I got to r1.
    That was also my first Dan 3 skill (and only dan skill period until many many years later when the dan test revamp came about).

I remember back then, Windmill and refine were definitely pushed as the "get these ranked up asap" skills, but I know I didn't get Windmill to r1 until at least Shadow Missions were released, since I remember finishing that up in Their Method.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Definitely icebolt, because it was so useful for breathing room back in yon olden days. No clue whatsoever as to what my second r1 was, but I had a really odd setup designed to make hitting Windmill r1 as easily as possible.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Windmill because I was told over and over to get that done first because back then the training reqs were way harder and grindy. We didn't have training potions or talent bonuses, and -cp equipment was difficult to obtain. It took me 3 months in the Tir Na Nog graveyard (with a life) to get it to rank 1.

Y'all have it EASY. Understand and respect that. lol.
  • AdenoAdeno
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,595
    Greta wrote: »

I'm really curious how you manage to r1 Windmill first without getting r1 Combat Mastery one. Literally by doing any combat i get r1 on this lmao.

During that time, I actually avoided ranking up anything else. I did Rank F to Rank 5 in Ciar and Rabbie Basic, then 5 to 1 at Tir Na Nog zombie graveyard :)

Icebolt was what I used in order to stop enemies on their tracks while I tried to reposition. Rank F was enough for that.

I avoided Advance dungeons because of the multi-aggro lol! I primarily stuck with Basic and Intermediate versions :)

It took a very long time, probably a year. I made a Windmiller's guide back then and apparently, I made it back in July 2009 lol! So that meant from sometime in 2008, it took me all that period to 2009 to master it :D Unfortunately at that time, youtube used close captions for notes so I used that. They took that away some time ago so there are many spots in the video without text (except the ones I hardcoded). For the sake of nostalgia about what the game used to look like, here it is. The summary of the guide can be found on 9:27 :)

• Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited February 15, 2021
    Somehow (like you), my first rank 1 was critical hit. It's probably because I didn't focus on training any specific skills, and critical hit sounded cool in my head back then. I kinda played mabi more for the social aspects back then tho.
  • NanocaNanoca
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Ranged. Which was a massive mistake.