Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Old items updated/talents/vikings/necromancy

AnimemabiAnimemabi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
in Feedback and Suggestions
Can we get the eluned alchemist glasses added to the face slot since its not worn on your head. i would also be interested in necromancy/Viking skills too.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 8, 2021
    NECROMANCY NEXON.
    DO IT.
    IT'S MY DYING WISH.
    I PROBABLY HAVE CANCER.
    Because I am cancer.
    original.gif
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Silly people. Chainslash was the mabi version of 'necromancy'. Feed off the bad vibes of others and put it to your own use, sacrifice your HP to use a skill, edgy aesthetic, OP for no good reason... It's got half the tropes right there - which means it embodies necromancy entirely, by the standards of our devs.

As for vikings... we have those two fishing boat people. They're basically vikings.
    Bronzebreak
  • AnimemabiAnimemabi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Silly people. Chainslash was the mabi version of 'necromancy'. Feed off the bad vibes of others and put it to your own use, sacrifice your HP to use a skill, edgy aesthetic, OP for no good reason... It's got half the tropes right there - which means it embodies necromancy entirely, by the standards of our devs.

As for vikings... we have those two fishing boat people. They're basically vikings.

Soul stealing at best necromancy to me is raising the enemies that have fallen could be done say you put up an aoe and any monsters to die become hostile to others and gain buffs.

making permanent thrall would be cool 1 monster limit you can turn any current monster (within reason) into a fynn style pet?
    Negumiko
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 12, 2021
    All I have to say is scythe skills. Please and thank you.
    Sherri
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Crimsọn wrote: »

So, Harvesting then? :P
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

yesss maybe like some kinda skill where it acts sort of like a boomerang?
    y'know, add some more chaos to the game :D
    (theres never enough chaos)
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Animemabi wrote: »

Soul stealing at best necromancy to me is raising the enemies that have fallen could be done say you put up an aoe and any monsters to die become hostile to others and gain buffs.

making permanent thrall would be cool 1 monster limit you can turn any current monster (within reason) into a fynn style pet?

raising the dead sounds cool but we already have taming, dark knight taming, and fynni gems. since this one would be a necromancy skill the monster should be dead and we have to use it before their corpse expires and vanishes. it would be cool if they came back as zombies though. they could still fight like before but they would gain all the benefits of zombies like not being effected by most long range attacks. maybe add a healing skill to repair their bodies and extend how long they can fight with cause if they are already dead their bodies will decay and rot eventually unless properly maintained.
    Sherri wrote: »

yesss maybe like some kinda skill where it acts sort of like a boomerang?
    y'know, add some more chaos to the game :D
    (theres never enough chaos)

I like the idea but when the scythe comes back to us and the game lags it will probably cut us in half. this idea sounds like it would be similar to ninja but it would cool if the scythe could actually cut through a mob of enemies and then come back and hit them again.