Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Mabinogi Merchandise Coming Soon

NegumikoNegumiko
Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
edited February 19, 2021 in General Chat
looks like we will be getting new Mabinogi Merchandise soon. Far Darrig plushies have been added to the merch shop. there are 5 different Far Darrig plushies to choose from and each one will cost $24.99
deeiomc-ae2b794c-9f44-42bf-9c8b-ced47881d4df.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZWVpb21jLWFlMmI3OTRjLTlmNDQtNDJiZi05YzhiLWNlZDQ3ODgxZDRkZi5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.KueOIEz60q-LxUAZOhyr91vXnznCYyL9ELGXlQZmJxg
deeiojz-1b58116c-6778-4c61-adca-02e843b9a354.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZWVpb2p6LTFiNTgxMTZjLTY3NzgtNGM2MS1hZGNhLTAyZTg0M2I5YTM1NC5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.UkpltlxXLIRvOl-mdBvDoa5ZA-2UDJWotDPq__HL-sY
deeiol0-521a0dff-285b-49a2-a5c9-8442c15b39e9.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZWVpb2wwLTUyMWEwZGZmLTI4NWItNDlhMi1hNWM5LTg0NDJjMTViMzllOS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.1mrvZRJtxORBqEVG4TvKGeYntvMwAnoKrOl1HI04Sqo

personally I think these are a cute idea and it is nice to finally see more Mabinogi merchandise in the shop. still kind of wish we Mabinogi shirts, hoodies, shopping bags, and face masks though. a lot of people don't even know what Mabinogi is so let players do some advertising.
KingEphySherriBronzebreak

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Incoming $60 plushies, not including the tax and shipping which will make them close to a 100 bucks.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I still think Kupa ones would have been cuter as plushies. But whatever, if the shipping price is higher than actual items price, no point in trying to get one.
    BlissfulkillHelsa
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Incoming $60 plushies, not including the tax and shipping which will make them close to a 100 bucks.

And pump that up to 150 for us international players... I might as well just walk across the border at this point, lol.
    CrimsọnSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Figurines MIGHT be worth those prices.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Awwww ;_; i love darrigs
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Far Darrig plushies looks like a fun idea, but, I feel the need to impart a bit more «business» knowledge and wisdom here, too (whilst it is in front of me and I have sufficient limited free time to cover it quickly). This will probably apply more to the sales/marketing/management-departments, rather than the actual player-base and/or fan-base itself, but, generating sales for products is far easier and more of a guarantee when you already know that there is a [public] demand for said products.

For «new» products that most of the world has never heard of before, you will want to find some way to build up some «hype» for them, even if you are sort of piggy-backing upon the momentum of some other similar success-stories. Granted, you can certainly «market» [verb] to an already well-establish player-base/market-base/customer-base, who are already familiar with the back-ground story of the product (in this case, anybody who's played through Mabinogi, enough to have interacted with Far Darrigs), but, getting «sales» to «take off» for never-before-seen-products will take considerable more effort than, say, plushies in which everyone in the entire world already knows the names of said animals (dogs, bunnies, cats, etc).

If I were tasked with «marketing» something like this, lovely and adorable creatures that they are, I might consider trying to get ahold of toy stores that deal specifically in selling plush toys, and, perhaps, try to negotiate having them add these to their product-line, but, before that, how will you go about doing the advertising and building up any «hype» (and thus demand) for these creatures ? Will they end up being seen in some famous animé or at least a popular manga or two ? In any case, for «piggy-backing» purposes, perhaps having these come up along-side another historically «popular» (and similar) product (such as Beanie Babies) along the key-word search (e.g.: compare with/to Beanie Babies), but, I haven't been looking at these trends lately, so your marketing department personnel are still going to need to do some homework as to what is currently «popular» (and similar), for which-ever particular demographics/region you aim to generate sales.

A little bit more generally specific (or specifically general ?) detail on a marketing sample/example...
    (China & India have huge populations but I am not necessarily suggesting nor implying anything by that reference [one thing I must say, though, regarding advertising/marketing to a particular demographic who is almost always guaranteed to buy whatever you have to offer, although to me it was just «junk mail» that my recent-but-now-deceased step-father kept on receiving, a lot of them were blatant mail-order sales-pitch letters... I probably should have kept them after all so that I could scan them & post examples, but, anyway, they often had this «pitch» that essentially praised the doctor for having achieved great success in the world and claimed that he was only one out of a very few select chosen doctors in the world to receive some special-offer, with a time-limit on being able to secure his exclusive-discount, etc., etc., basically, all that «marketing script» that makes the recipient feel special, designed specifically to humour them and accommodate their ego, but, for Far Darrigs, the «pitch» could be something like : «We {Far Darrigs} are asking for your generous assistance in helping us save endangered species like us! We know that a generous {insert-their-title here, such as lawyer, doctor, pilot, etc} like you can help bring us a long way in protecting these endangered species and we will even add a free Collector's Edition gift when you donate/order at least $500 or more...» ...sorry, not going to do all your work for you, but, you should at least get the idea with this brief sample/example]).

Not-so-Related but on an off-topic (possibly controversial) category about something that was in news & announcements...:
    That would be what is known in this industry as RMT. Required Reading...
    https://library.gwu.edu/sites/default/files/eckles/Understanding Real Money Trading in MMORPGs.pdf

For the life of me, I still don't understand why anybody would RMT on Mabinogi of all places, considering the ease of being able to obtain gold through «normal» means (and, with the introduction of the A-H, it's really become easier than ever, something which historically required having a House in the Housing Market to be able to achieve). People literally leave gold all over the ground, all the time, then there is another option that worked for me where I simply re-incarnated my character at Age 10 with a Luck-Based Talent, resulting in extremely high rates of Huge Lucky Finishes, not to mention the rather mundane but also quite reliable sales-revenues that came from collecting and selling many stacks of Holy Waters (all the more efficient when Part-Time-Job count went to Advanced, resulting in 10+ Holy Waters per PTJ-Completion rather than obtaining only 3 per Turn-In, and, I never had to go beyond Castanea, thus, I only had to concern myself with stocking up on Eggs, Corn, and Potatoes).

Anyway, quoting from that «Required Reading» from above...:
    «Threatening players with sanctions or bans may deter some players from preforming a RMT, but it will not fix the underlying problems of the MMORPG. Players seek RMTs when they are unhappy or unsatisfied with in‐game ways to generate wealth. The simplest solution to the problem of RMTs is to make virtual wealth generation more fun. If wealth generation is a secondary thought to enjoying playing the game, RMTs will simply cease being an issue. »

You cannot «solve» a problem if you do not study the root-cause(s) of a problem (assuming that it's a genuine problem), just like you will not solve a math-equation, without knowing what the «math problem» is to begin with, but, oh, no, the world has people conditioned to view anything that might be deemed an «important» topic as so-called «controversial» and thus off-limits from discussion (is it any wonder as to why none of the world's «major problems» have ever been solved ?). Anyway, not to get off on a tangent, a tool is a tool is a tool, and, in of itself, does not cause/create problems on its own. Just like fire/electricity (or guns) could certainly cause great harm and destruction, their «responsible» use can also bring great comfort and warmth to multitudes (guns of course should only be in the hands of the responsible, but, the point behind all of these references, belies the fact that it is one's «MIND» that happens to be the common lowest denominator, and, thus, for example, suppose someone has/uses tools to do what the MMORPG industry calls RMT, and, I thought about this the other day, and wondered to myself, what if those same particular tools could also be used to advertise for something other than RMT ? Such that it could perhaps benefit the publishers/developers of course [if someone like me were directing the coders/programmers, I might come up with something silly but potentially effective, such as auto-converting those advertisements into, I don't know, let's just say that, instead of what the RMT-sellers might be trying to advertise, the messages all end up getting converted into...: «Far Darrig! Far Darrig plushies available in Nexon store! Shop now! Moo!»]).

Anyway, got the «funny» in that I wanted (end of 2nd spoiler), but, alas, I must now once again take my leave...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sherri wrote: »
    Awwww ;_; i love darrigs

Darrigs look like they were ripped off from something I can't place my finger on.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    Awwww ;_; i love darrigs

Darrigs look like they were ripped off from something I can't place my finger on.

Presuming you're not being facetious, they're axlotl-like.